• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: PlayStation to Make Big Announcements this Week

yurinka

Nice to see Horizon Call of the Mountain, GoW Ragnarok and Death Stranding 2 are progressing well.

Now seriously: this tweet must be sent to all these people saying that SIE America or their American HQ did whatever to the Japanese studios etc.

This guy is the boss of PlayStation Studios, in charge of all the games published by Sony and their internal development studios that aren't Bungie. And he hasn't been for a while in the HQ. Maybe because like the CEO of SIE or the boss of PlayStation Indies don't work there.

SSfox

Nice to see Horizon Call of the Mountain, GoW Ragnarok and Death Stranding 2 are progressing well.

Now seriously: this tweet must be sent to all these people saying that SIE America or their American HQ did whatever to the Japanese studios etc.

This guy is the boss of PlayStation Studios, in charge of all the games published by Sony and their internal development studios that aren't Bungie. And he hasn't been for a while in the HQ. Maybe because like the CEO of SIE or the boss of PlayStation Indies don't work there.
Maybe it's because of the Covid thing, most work was done at house. Now with Vaccine maybe they're starting to go back to work offline like it used to be?

Hezekiah

Banned
If that happens, it would be funny to see all the Sony fanyboys trying to explain how it's "organic" or "the right way to moneyhat an exclusive game".

Really it would just be a loss for everybody, Xbox fans don't get this game, Sony fans get a game they were already going to get, instead of that money being invested into something that gives them more games.
You mean like when people were rejoicing over the Zenimax deal when they were getting those games anyway?? 🤔

CosmicComet

They delayed state of play before for similar circumstances. They did it during Black lives matter protests.
Not exactly the same.

The delayed the June 4th state of play specifically because it fell on a memorial day for George Floyd's passing.

A specific event.

It makes little sense to delay announcements based on an ongoing war that will only get worse week after week until it finally stops.

kyliethicc

My bet is that at the end of the stream Jim Ryan is fired and Kaz Hirai returns with RIDGEEEEE RAACCEEER exclusive for PS5
6ZFpmV1.jpg
Just an FYI, that quote is from WB, the devs on Hogwarts.

Not from Sony.

tmlDan

Not exactly the same.

The delayed the June 4th state of play specifically because it fell on a memorial day for George Floyd's passing.

A specific event.

It makes little sense to delay announcements based on an ongoing war that will only get worse week after week until it finally stops.
I agree it makes little sense, but i wouldn't be shocked if that's what they did.

It seems like the state of plays are disjointed based on the devs that were okay with releasing info, aka Japanese and now Hogwarts.

Both could have been one bigger state of play/ showcase.

Ol'Scratch

If that happens, it would be funny to see all the Sony fanyboys trying to explain how it's "organic" or "the right way to moneyhat an exclusive game".

Really it would just be a loss for everybody, Xbox fans don't get this game, Sony fans get a game they were already going to get, instead of that money being invested into something that gives them more games.
I would honestly think that IF and I mean IF it happened, it would be because other companies wanted to back out due to the heat and Sony said what the hell why not.

yurinka

It's Wednesay. Any big announcement for today, Games Reactor? Maybe they announce in a few hours acquisition of Capcom, Kadokawa, Bandai Namco, Sega, Square and Nintendo, Games Reactor?

Maybe it's because of the Covid thing, most work was done at house. Now with Vaccine maybe they're starting to go back to work offline like it used to be?
Maybe. But being the head of PS Studios probably (when covid allows it) he travels frequently to visit their own studios to greenlight or see the state of the games, plus maybe to negotiate 2nd party or acquisition deals, to test new PSVR2 versions, etc.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

Most insiders are full of shit

But at the same time, these shows are finalized last minute cause half the content gets cut due to time complications

Lognor

Banned
I think we all should know by now the best stuff is shown at the "showcases" not the State of Plays.
Yeah, that's what I thought. But Hogwarts is a pretty big announcement. I know it was revealed previously, but an in-depth showing of a AAA Harry Potter is huge. And it's on Sony's shitty State of Play? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I have no idea what Sony is doing with their marketing.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But Hogwarts is a pretty big announcement. I know it was revealed previously, but an in-depth showing of a AAA Harry Potter is huge. And it's on Sony's shitty State of Play? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I have no idea what Sony is doing with their marketing.

It's the content in the state of play that matters. This one will be interesting because of Harry Potter. So many of them were shitty because they lacked good content. I like when they focus on one game fir 20-30 mins.

Papacheeks

Banned

Or guys travels all around to all studios to see where people are in projects on top of most of them have been working remotely for over 2 years.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Or guys travels all around to all studios to see where people are in projects on top of most of them have been working remotely for over 2 years.

Looking at his tweet history across Jan and Feb, it reads more like he's returning to office after a while, there's no prior tweets in the last couple of weeks of him traveling anywhere or meeting with anyone.

yurinka

Looking at his tweet history across Jan and Feb, it reads more like he's returning to office after a while, there's no prior tweets in the last couple of weeks of him traveling anywhere or meeting with anyone.
In the tweet he posted the photos of statues of Horizon, GoW and Death Stranding. Maybe simply because they are some cool stuff they have in the offices, maybe because he has been visiting these specific teams recently, maybe only teasing upcoming annoucements or who knows, maybe only because they added these things while he was outside.

His recent tweets are basically only marketing/PR stuff of recent releases or announcemnts (GT/HFW/Uncharted movie/Twisted Metal series/Bungie acquisition...) and the most recent pictures real pictures are one about the Bungie deal (but he mentions the photo is from a year ago, when they made the deal) and another one playing HFW with the game director. And then the next one goes back to September related to the shooting of the PS Showcase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom