• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil; 4 Remake is releasing on 3. 24. 2023

GenericUser

Hoping they put a lot of effort in to this one and that they keep it true to the original.

The most recent RE3R wasn’t all that great imo, but fingers crossed!
It's made by the people, that made the stellar RE2 remake. The Re3 remake was outsourced/rushed, if I remember correctly. I have nothing but the highest expectations and I'm very confident the developers won't disappoint me.

Esppiral

In celebration, here is a translation of all Ganado quotes from the original

1."Te voy a matar"-------"I'm going to kill you!"
2."No dejes que escape de la isla vivo-------"Don't let him get away from island alive!"
3."Mira!... esta herido."-------"Look! He is hurt."
4."Ahi esta!"-------"There he is!"
5."Morir es vivir."-------"To die is to live."
6."Gojedlo!"-------"Grab him!"
7."Detras de ti, imbecil!"-------"Behind, you imbecil!"
8."Te coji!"-------"Gotcha!" or "I got you!"
9."Muere, muere...."-------"Die, die...."
10."Sera mejor que empiezes a rezar."-------"You better start praying."
11."Basta hijo de ****!"-------"Stop you son of *****!"
12."Matenlo!"-------"Kill HIM!"
13."Muerete!"-------"DIE!"
14."Te voy a romper en pedazos."-------"I'll break you in to pieces."
15."Un forastero!"-------"A foreigner!" or "A stranger!"
16."Cerebro, cerebro, cerebro..."-------"Brain, brain, brain..."
17."Es hora de aplastar(lo)."-------"It's time to crush (crush him)."
18."Mi**da"-------"Poo"
19."Puedes correr pero no resistir."-------"You can run but can't resist."
20."Te voy hacer picadillo."-------"I'll make you mincemeat."
21."Sos cerdo."-------"You are a pig."
22."Donde estas?!"-------"Where are you?!"
23."Esta en la trampa!"-------"She/He's in the trap!"
24."Dale!"-------"Hit him!"

zrbz4f.gif
Now let's hope those lines are delivered in actual Castilian and not some Mexican accent.

Kokoloko85

Hopefully theres some new stuff. and less actiony. I recently played it again and it was just a bit too much action

And for the love of god no stalker enemy ffs

Erebus

It's kinda weird that this is not coming to last-gen consoles. After all, it's REngine and graphically it looks on par with Village and RE2/3 Remakes.

It's kinda weird that this is not coming to last-gen consoles. After all, it's REngine and graphically it looks on par with Village and RE2/3 Remakes.
Maybe ray tracing... RE 8 was good for testing it and it run well so maybe they will use more this time around?

Banned
Maybe ray tracing... RE 8 was good for testing it and it run well so maybe they will use more this time around?

doesn't explain it. they can't release a game on PC that entirely relies on raytracing if they want to actually sell it.

so this can not be a reason. the game will most likely run on a GTX1050 just fine for example

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
As someone who didn't care for RE4 at all I'm all for them changing as much as possible. That said, they're going to have work harder to make Leon a worthwhile character after how poorly he was represented in the Remake.
As someone who has played Re4 through more times than any other game, I'm all for them changing as much as possible too. I loved the game and the ideal is that they bring the setting and feel of the original up to date. I'm not really interested if it's essentially a reskin.

What I've seen so far looks mostly instantly recognisable, however.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seems so. The same team responsible for Re2R is also working on it.
So this isn't the Re3R team and RE7/8 producers aren't making it either?

I actually have high hopes for this then!

If this cuts anything out any significant section from the original game, then it’s a wait for sale. Considering RE4 is a masterpiece of pacing and setpieces; anything cut from it would be a detriment to the overall experience. I did the same for RE3make. RE2make had the virtue of shortening some sections while adding on to others so it evened out a bit, plus it was a PS1 game and could’ve used a facelift a lot more than 4.

Capcom better not mess this up, but RE4 is probably to much a lightning-in-the bottle experience that it probably won’t be topped by a remake unless it’s extremely faithful.

Arioco

In celebration, here is a translation of all Ganado quotes from the original

1."Te voy a matar"-------"I'm going to kill you!"
2."No dejes que escape de la isla vivo-------"Don't let him get away from island alive!"
3."Mira!... esta herido."-------"Look! He is hurt."
4."Ahi esta!"-------"There he is!"
5."Morir es vivir."-------"To die is to live."
6."Gojedlo!"-------"Grab him!"
7."Detras de ti, imbecil!"-------"Behind, you imbecil!"
8."Te coji!"-------"Gotcha!" or "I got you!"
9."Muere, muere...."-------"Die, die...."
10."Sera mejor que empiezes a rezar."-------"You better start praying."
11."Basta hijo de ****!"-------"Stop you son of *****!"
12."Matenlo!"-------"Kill HIM!"
13."Muerete!"-------"DIE!"
14."Te voy a romper en pedazos."-------"I'll break you in to pieces."
15."Un forastero!"-------"A foreigner!" or "A stranger!"
16."Cerebro, cerebro, cerebro..."-------"Brain, brain, brain..."
17."Es hora de aplastar(lo)."-------"It's time to crush (crush him)."
18."Mi**da"-------"Poo"
19."Puedes correr pero no resistir."-------"You can run but can't resist."
20."Te voy hacer picadillo."-------"I'll make you mincemeat."
21."Sos cerdo."-------"You are a pig."
22."Donde estas?!"-------"Where are you?!"
23."Esta en la trampa!"-------"She/He's in the trap!"
24."Dale!"-------"Hit him!"

zrbz4f.gif

"Te coji"? "Te cogí", for God's sake! That grammar, dude! 😂

I still find so funny the fact that the game is supposed to take place in Spain but they used so many different American accents (Spanish from Mexico, Spanish from Argentina...). 😂 It's a bit weird. Guess Capcom thought it's all Spanish and called it a day.

kyussman

I wonder which parts of the game they will leave out.......surely this will be a condensed version of the original,I can't imagine them recreating the entire game......hope I'm wrong though.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I wonder which parts of the game they will leave out.......surely this will be a condensed version of the original,I can't imagine them recreating the entire game......hope I'm wrong though.
hopefully not, but based on the trailer, i highly suspect they will alter the story or even the ending, something like ff7 remake,.

Soodanim

Based on those pictures they're completely abandoning what OG 4 is in favour of doing something very different.

If REmake was 1° removed from 1,
REmake2 was 5° removed, and
REmake3 was 15° removed, then
Remake4 looks like it's going to be 180° removed, going in the opposite direction. Calling it now.
Hadn't seen the trailer when I posted this. Now I've seen it I'm actually very hopeful. Being so different means this version has a greater chance of standing on its own, and even though the humour will almost certainly be gone it doesn't necessarily mean the game will be bad.

I'm guessing/hoping that they took the time to look at what they did and didn't do well in 2, and why 3 was such a step backwards. It looks like they're trying to continue 2 into 4, and I'm fine with that because 2 was great.

GymWolf

Hopefully leon is gonna look older than the re2 remake face.

I don't have much hope for this one after re3 remake but i'm still curious.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Looks good but it's pretty obvious that the cheesiness is not coming back. Real shame... :(
Kinda concerned about the replayability because of that. Doubt that it'll have gameplay with weapon uprades and hordes of enemies like the original. Also we probaby won't see the merchant here.
Will probably be more like RE2Remake and RE3Remake type of gameplay and therefore feel more in line with those. This is fine and all but still I'd rather if they went the other way.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not really sold on this one. RE4 still plays great, and this remake to me looks like an opportunity to fuck up things rather than improving things that don't need any upgrades in the first place.

Also, Ashley's new design sucks. :messenger_neutral:

They will remove all the corny stuff for sure.
With the current state of society, Ashley will probably be playable, and kick ass like Sheva.

B A L L I S T I C S

Madflavor

My only real concern is whether or not they're gonna cut certain sections from the original outta the remake.

Otherwise looks great.

SkylineRKR

Happy this comes out fairly soon.

I beat RE4 straight after Village, and while RE4 is a classic it could absolutely use a remake. I hated the bosses in general, the QTE and this might be sensitive, but i wouldn't mind it if they rework the third act. The controls work within the rules of RE4, but they do feel painfully dated. Even moreso than in RE1 because RE4 is a TPS.

But there are some concerns because this is snowflake era. Will Ashley still try to hit on Leon? Will Capcom redesign enemies and go for diversity?

Here's hoping we'll get RE1 and CV remakes as well.

Top Bottom