• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil; 4 Remake is releasing on 3. 24. 2023

YukiOnna

The real and new Ashley Graham :messenger_grinning:

unknown.png

Ristifer

Sure, it's an opinion. My opinion is that bullshit like the one you posted above was what ruined RE back in the PS2/PS3 era. Where RE stopped feeling like Survival Horror and started resembling a bad Michael Bay flick. Scene like the one above is good for an action/comedy/adventure, but is a piss poor choice for horror. You don't feel nearly as intimidated as you should be when your character makes fun of the guy who is supposed to be your stalker.

Thankfully Capcom seems to be correcting past mistakes and I'm very eager to see an RE4 with more emphasis on horror, and less on cheesy one-liners.
You're speaking as if RE4 was made by the Farrelly brothers or something. It has some one-liners, but it's not like Leon is rifling through witty dialogue and high-fiving people all game.

Nickolaidas

You're speaking as if RE4 was made by the Farrelly brothers or something. It has some one-liners, but it's not like Leon is rifling through witty dialogue and high-fiving people all game.
In the game's defense, this is mostly the localization trying hard to be 'witty'. The Japanese version wasn't nearly as bad in terms of dialogue.

sainraja

Meh, I dunno man. For a remake I would prefer for them to stick to the original vision, what the original developers and designers intended the game to be.

I'm happy for those that prefer a more serious tone but for me, nah, I don't think I'll be getting this remake.

Hope they fix the mexican accent on the spanish ganado. For a spanish player that was quite comedic, but unintented by Capcom I guess.
They are not changing the original game though. People will always have that to play as it is available in any platform it can be on.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
They are not changing the original game though. People will always have that to play as it is available in any platform it can be on.
That's true. But I won't be getting the original game with better graphics and improved gameplay. Instead I'll be getting a reimagining of sorts of that game, and that doesn't make me happy.

I guess some people will like the changes, some don't and, probably, most people won't care at all. Whatever, I hope the game sells well and we keep getting more RE titles at the stady pace we are getting used to.

assurdum

Banned
I'm terrible scared about the possible cuts of such remake. Please Capcom be careful.

Last edited:

Camreezie

I bet Capcom fear the backlash of messing this one up. One of the true GOATS, it's always risky to remake one of the games in contention for best of all time

Elysion

Banned
Throw in that damn airship and have Leon fight hookman. Put in all the beta content.
That would be pretty cool actually. Wasn’t Leon originally supposed to have hallucinations because he got infected or something (and those hallucinations would take the shape of enemies like that hookman)? They could still do this in the remake; maybe those hallucinations are a side effect of the Las Plagas parasite.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t Resident Evil 5 also supposed to have something like this? I think I vaguely remember reading early previews (from like 2005 or 06 or so) about how there would be side effects for Chris if he stayed too long in the scorching sun (things like dehydration and hallucinations), and that he’d have to move to darker areas with lots of shadows on a regular basis to recover (except that there would be more and stronger enemies in those darker areas). Anyone else remember that? Or am I totally off about this?

Best I can do is $2 and the memory of when they made her "classic" DLC outfit have a skort instead.
Yeah, that was pretty silly. And it looks like the new Ashley will be wearing some kind of pants beneath her skirt too (probably either tights or leggins). Let’s hope her OG outfit is unlockable (preferably with a real skirt).

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool actually. Wasn’t Leon originally supposed to have hallucinations because he got infected or something (and those hallucinations would take the shape of enemies like that hookman)? They could still do this in the remake; maybe those hallucinations are a side effect of the Las Plagas parasite.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t Resident Evil 5 also supposed to have something like this? I think I vaguely remember reading early previews (from like 2005 or 06 or so) about how there would be side effects for Chris if he stayed too long in the scorching sun (things like dehydration and hallucinations), and that he’d have to move to darker areas with lots of shadows on a regular basis to recover (except that there would be more and stronger enemies in those darker areas). Anyone else remember that? Or am I totally off about this?

Yeah, that was pretty silly. And it looks like the new Ashley will be wearing some kind of pants beneath her skirt too (probably either tights or leggins). Let’s hope her OG outfit is unlockable (preferably with a real skirt).

Ashley's outfit in the trailer from yesterday is based on her RE4 beta design

Scroll down to the beta Ashley part:

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Well, I was against getting a RE4 remake, especially before Code Veronica, but so far I'm not seeing any red flags. I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't cut major content like the RE2 and RE3 Remakes did.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
6 pages and no one pointed that fixed camera moment out…

RE4 will have a fix camera..

Just for trailer. They did that for RE2 remake trailer as well.

This will be a third person over the shoulder game.

If they won't give me Leon in the current timeline, I'll keep demanding remakes...
Not only that, but I think the actual story of RE6 is great and people just didn't even realize it. I don't think setting a zombie pandemic in China back then had the same sort of impact that it would have now. And it's all in a horror version of the Kowloon City slums. It's amazing. Or even the Chris sections having bioweapons leak onto battlefields in eastern Europe would probably catch people's attention a bit more now. The game was actually way ahead of its time in terms of setting and story.

And of course the gameplay is phenomenal. One of the most expansive TPS movesets ever.

Banned
Not only that, but I think the actual story of RE6 is great and people just didn't even realize it. I don't think setting a zombie pandemic in China back then had the same sort of impact that it would have now. And it's all in a horror version of the Kowloon City slums. It's amazing. Or even the Chris sections having bioweapons leak onto battlefields in eastern Europe would probably catch people's attention a bit more now. The game was actually way ahead of its time in terms of setting and story.

And of course the gameplay is phenomenal. One of the most expansive TPS movesets ever.

one of my favorite coop shooters. I first played through it with a friend on a 2 40" TV setup with 2 Xbox 360s side by side. because fuck splitscreen when you have 2 40" TVs on hand lol

Last edited:

YukiOnna

RE6 I had zero problem with the story and enjoyed it a ton. Gameplay wise, it took a second playthrough to really appreciate it and it would be really neat to revisit with its story in the current era.

Moses85

I was just a kid when we got our GameCube, missed the boat. Was playing Kart & Smash.

I played some of it on a friend’s system years later. Felt dated at the time, never got around to it.
But it was published everywhere (except on calculators). from the exclusive title for which mikami would cut off his head with a chainsaw if the game were released on any console other than the gamecube, to the greatest whore in video game history.

Spider Man Lol GIF

Moses85

Hopefully they change the looks of the villagers to look more like zombies , it felt weird shooting at spanish people in the original!
Hopefully they use more than 5 face models this time.

And all you RE 6 lovers, with which RE you started into the series? Cant belive you love RE6 that much. From a RE Fan petspective it was weak.

Top Bottom