• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake/RE Village, Assassin's Creed Mirage and Death Stranding coming to iPhone 15 Pro

Zuzu

Wow that’s insane. And I’m sure you could then mirror it to an Apple TV and play it on you tv with a controller connected to your iphone.

Interfectum

Meanwhile the Switch 2 leakers are out here trying to hype up Switch 2 running fucking BOTW at 60fps. I hope this lights a fucking bomb under Nintendo's ass. Make better hardware.
When iPhone games start selling 20 million at $60 a pop then maybe a fire will be lit. These games will be lucky to sell 100k on the App Store.

Not to mention the Switch 2 is aiming to be $300-400, not $1000+

Last edited:

Reallink

Wonder how long Sony's Village and RE4-make VR exclusivity contracts are for, cause I assume Apple and Capcom are chomping at the bit for a VisionPro release.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yeah well see how well it looks and plays and how much they ask for the game.

Mobiles absolutely suck for these games.

Apocryphon

Thread title is inaccurate. They didn’t say either RE port will have raytracing. RT was announced as coming to iPhone 15 generally.

The Steam Deck shits all over Village and runs RE4R really well, so given how well the RE engine scales this shouldn’t be a surprise to anybody. Obviously there will be framerate and image quality concessions.

I couldn’t care less about the iPhone, but this could be interesting for future iPads. How interesting it is will be price dependent.

Last edited:

Fake

You're going to try and downplay the fact that a phone has a GPU that can compete with previous 1.8 TF home console GPU's?

I don't think he is downplaying anything at all. Nintendo Switch have weaker hardware than the top Android Snapdragon and the top iPhone cpu/gpu.

Dude this is like the best your money can buy. Sure people can expect at least PS4 games there if NS is doing decent for the hardware.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What are current gen games? I don't recall any current gen games who look really like current gen games.
games designed to run at 30 fps 1080p-1440p on current gen hardware. Starfield, Avatar, Alan Wake 2, Matrix demo are not running on this phone. Even if they port them because Apple paid them millions they will run like shit like they do on steamdeck.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
"The 15 Pro starts at $999 with 128GB of storage, and the Pro Max at $1,199 with 256GB of storage. "
The price has nothing to do with it. PS5/Series X are both less expensive than an iPhone and produce much better visuals. Its a choice Nintendo makes over and over again. So Im hoping this lights a fire under their ass. I dont know what the fuck everyone is :messenger_tears_of_joy:'ing at.

When iPhone games start selling 20 million at $60 a pop then maybe a fire will be lit.
The intention is the start. If anyone can make Nintendo flinch in the handheld gaming market its Apple.

amigastar

games designed to run at 30 fps 1080p-1440p on current gen hardware. Starfield, Avatar, Alan Wake 2, Matrix demo are not running on this phone. Even if they port them because Apple paid them millions they will run like shit like they do on steamdeck.
Hmm. Ok. Sounds fair, i guess.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
The price has nothing to do with it. PS5/Series X are both less expensive than an iPhone and produce much better visuals
Of course it does. Ps5/XBSX aren’t portable. Had Ps5/XBSX been portable they’d have to cost a hell of a lot more if they were to have the same performance.

Sony have even made portables prior with PSP/Vita and none have been even remotely close to a price point of $999/1199.

I don’t know how they can make this work without controllers but good for those who want to play it on a phone.

I know phones can use controller but not every phone user has a phone compatible controller.
But it can use any Bluetooth controller. Xbox. Playstation. I think even Switch controllers?

Edit: A Google search has revealed to me that yes, you can use a switch controller on an iphone. Which is kind of an awesome option given it's size.

Last edited:

Kabelly

The price has nothing to do with it. PS5/Series X are both less expensive than an iPhone and produce much better visuals. Its a choice Nintendo makes over and over again. So Im hoping this lights a fire under their ass. I dont know what the fuck everyone is :messenger_tears_of_joy:'ing at.

The intention is the start. If anyone can make Nintendo flinch in the handheld gaming market its Apple.
Why are you bring up PS5 and Xbox now? Those consoles are massive compared to an iPhone with large cooling systems to run those games at 4K.

Yes, price does actually have everything to do with it when you're comparing a Nintendo Switch to an iPhone which it has arguably the best chip on the market. What you're asking from Nintendo is to create a device that would go beyond the standard price of a console.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They are going to make a console some time in the next 5 years or so aren't they?
And it will be as powerful as a PS4 and cost $1999

I am all in on the Apple ecosystem and getting this 15 Pro but would have a hard time buying an Apple console

Kombucha No But GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I’m just here for the meltdowns. This is gonna be fun. With this and AC Mirage coming to mobile… we’ll see how the narrative starts to change that mobile gaming isn’t real gaming.
Well no shit the narrative's gonna change. When big budget console games start getting ported to phone naturally people are going to want to consider phones more of a "real" gaming platform.

I'm fucking excited for this and I hope that we can see an Android version soon. I might have a reason to actually buy an expensive phone now....

MrA

I’m just here for the meltdowns. This is gonna be fun. With this and AC Mirage coming to mobile… we’ll see how the narrative starts to change that mobile gaming isn’t real gaming.
Problem with mobile isn't the mobile part, its the business model part

L*][*N*K

Banned
I don’t know how they can make this work without controllers but good for those who want to play it on a phone.

I know phones can use controller but not every phone user has a phone compatible controller.
There are a lot of controller options for mobile, I mean I wouldn’t play a game like that on my phone but there are options

I would not be surprised if AC Mirage looks better and runs at higher framerate on iPhone 15 Pro than it does on PS5/XSeX

Apple Silicon runs rings around the shitty AMD APU's in the home consoles
Even if it would run at higher FPS and quality (it absolutely won't, btw) it will just thermal throttle after like 15-20 min of use and start dropping frames like crazy.

Video is time-stamped. The thermal throttling destroys the perf on that iPhone 14 Pro. This is will never happen in a home console which is designed to deliver a consistent experience no matter what.

Last edited:
Top Bottom