• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake/RE Village, Assassin's Creed Mirage and Death Stranding coming to iPhone 15 Pro

Residirt Earthvil Floor

Rescue the president's potter.
Early Access:
glastonbury-mud-other-stage.jpg

Cyberpunkd

It's so odd how so many people on this forum don't grasp the basic concept of being able to connect a controller to a phone...
If we are talking iPad? Maybe. With a phone it doesn’t make sense, integrated controls like Steam Deck and Switch are far superior.
Still doesn’t change the fact the economics are broken - mobile audience refuses to pay $5 for a game, yet alone $20-30-60. App Store doesn’t have frequent and themed game sales like other storefronts.

Impressive tech? Yes. Does it change anything? No.

If we are talking iPad? Maybe. With a phone it doesn’t make sense, integrated controls like Steam Deck and Switch are far superior.
Still doesn’t change the fact the economics are broken - mobile audience refuses to pay $5 for a game, yet alone $20-30-60. App Store doesn’t have frequent and themed game sales like other storefronts.

Impressive tech? Yes. Does it change anything? No.
Please explain to me in greater detail how a current gen game playable on a mobile device does not change anything for the future of mobile gaming landscape.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Please explain to me in greater detail how a current gen game playable on a mobile device does not change anything for the future of mobile gaming landscape.
Because the economics are broken, so the only way you can earn money from your tech impressive, high budget game is - you guessed it! - more gacha thrash and agressive monetisation.

I guess 4K RT waifus will appeal to people.

UnNamed

Banned
AC is the real deal Here. RE is very scalable and we don't how how much the games are downgraded. AC are usually CPU intensive, I wonder how they will port this game.

Last edited:

cripterion

While I play Honkai Star Rail on my phone (Xiaomi 12T) mobile gaming is really not a comfortable experience. What's amazing to me in this announcement is the prices on those phones.

TonyK

Lol this is bad? It’s basically better switch controls.

cfaulkner_220721_5344_0001.jpg
I don't know. I never tried a controller from a third party with better response than official controllers from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Personally all I tried seem shit to me. The feeling of touching third party manufacturers buttons is 🤢

theHFIC

1080p games on a 4K TV looks like garbage, I dunno man, I don't see this being a desirable feature and most likely not be implemented very well.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see how the feature evolves over the years 🤷‍♂️. I don’t think they are going for the living room right out the gate but very little will be stopping them.

Apple having some pretty decent (albeit older) games compiling natively for their mobile chips is the first foot in the door. iPad will come knocking next month with a bigger chip and pushing a bigger resolution.

Last edited:
I guess we’ll have to wait and see how the feature evolves over the years 🤷‍♂️. I don’t think they are going for the living room right out the gate but very little will be stopping them.

Apple having some pretty decent (albeit older) games compiling natively for their mobile chips is the first foot in the door. iPad will come knocking next month with a bigger chip and pushing a bigger resolution.
The M4 chip for Macs with the new GPU are going to be terrifying next year. Nvidia better be watching out for those.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Porting those games is a criminal waste of resources imho.

Who cares how well they look/run when shackled to a form-factor that cuts the experience off at the knees?

Fuck that shit.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Fuck that nintendo switch

Nah, totally different beast. Switch is purpose built as a hybrid portable/console gaming machine. A phone or tablet with a native interface that is entirely touch-based is like serving soup with a fork!

Del_X

Mobile hardware can run console hardware-level stuff with a few bells and whistles from 10 years ago. Not too surprising.

Bodes well for Switch 2.

iorek21

I still remember the emotional posts when Stadia was announced 4 years ago. People will always bite the hype bait, huh?

Geruda065

I don't know. I never tried a controller from a third party with better response than official controllers from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Personally all I tried seem shit to me. The feeling of touching third party manufacturers buttons is 🤢
This Backbone thing is horrible for any kind of serious gaming. Buttons are for kids hands and those sticks are too shallow, too sensitive and unusable.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I’m just here for the meltdowns. This is gonna be fun. With this and AC Mirage coming to mobile… we’ll see how the narrative starts to change that mobile gaming isn’t real gaming.
Playing those games is gaming. Playing Flap Bird, Candy Crush or Clash of Clans is not

Last edited:

Fabieter

I would at least go for the 512gb version if I would actually game heavily on a device that makes the price between 1.5 and 1.7k which is close to higher end PCs:p.

RaduN

I finished Wii Re4 some 4 or 5 times on my smartphone (Asus Rog 3), via Dolphin emulator, exclusively on touch controls.
Perfectly playable and very enjoyable.

I actually play hardocre shmups like Mushihimesama and Dodonpachi daily on my smartphone, and these games really need quick input reaponse. The touch controls are really not a problem at all, once you get used.

Top Bottom