• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake/RE Village, Assassin's Creed Mirage and Death Stranding coming to iPhone 15 Pro

D Deaconstanjesusman can you at least add this screenshot to the OP? It has more info on the A17 Pro.

image.png

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It’s cool.. just waiting to see if they make a “ dock “ or maybe a more expensive Apple TV with the same chipset?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
you are underestimating nvidia's power

Tegra X1 was released in 2015 and is on 20nm

the jump is going to be insane

You are overestimating what a 15W handheld will be able to do. Unfortunately battery tech hasn't really evolved at all. Plus, Nintendo will want to be able to sell it for $300-400 while still making a profit on it from day 1. It's not gonna be anywhere close to a PS5.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That's pretty neat.

You can use playstation / xbox controllers with iDevices so if this was in an iPad that'd be a pretty nice secondary gaming function.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You are overestimating what a 15W handheld will be able to do. Unfortunately battery tech hasn't really evolved at all. Plus, Nintendo will want to be able to sell it for $300-400 while still making a profit on it from day 1. It's not gonna be anywhere close to a PS5.
Solid State batteries are coming and they sound promising

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Narrative? Mobiles have been out for what? 20+ years with a million iterations..

Chucking a few nice looking games on them isnt going to change any narrative.
these games aren't well known because they're "nice looking".......

This sets a precedent. if more games like these start coming out on Iphone/Android, even brand new hyped releases, Mobile could easily earn its status as a gaming platform worthy of consideration

XesqueVara

It's funny how Apple is ahead of everybody in ARM even tho their last Big update was A14, since then it was just Interative updates for A15,16 and 17.

TonyK

It's so odd how so many people on this forum don't grasp the basic concept of being able to connect a controller to a phone...
But then is not a portable, is a tiny screen 🤷‍♂️
In my case, I need physical buttons and analog sticks build on the handheld to play properly. And good ones (as Nintendo ones), not like that shit that attaches to phones made by a C tier company.

kikkis

There is some improvements like huaweis silicon substrate available in honor magic v2.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
these games aren't well known because they're "nice looking".......

This sets a precedent. if more games like these start coming out on Iphone/Android, even brand new hyped releases, Mobile could easily earn its status as a gaming platform worthy of consideration
Not with touch screens it wont. Sure you can stick a Razor or some mcguffin on it but now you've got to carry extra stuff with you which defeats the point

I've gamed on phones for years via emulation, it's just not viable and never fits the purpose

Sony had the right idea once, that died a death.

Of course i'll eat my hat if i'm wrong, but I doubt it 🤷‍♂️

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Not with touch screens it wont. Sure you can stick a Razor or some mcguffin on it but now you've got to carry extra stuff with you which defeats the point
Have you seen how small these controllers are? most of them can fit in the same pocket as your phone with ease. I've seen people bring dualshocks with them just to play fucking COD Mobile. People will do anything to play their favorite games on a small rectangular easy slab.

To be entirely honest, I agree that i'd rather not bring a contorller alongside my phone. But our opinion is not representative of the majority. That's why there's such a big market for phone controllers, why all those clamps for DS4 and Xbox exist.

Hudo

I mean you can get a controller attachment but I'm always feeling like when it comes to phones their longevity is in question. 32 Bit apps were basically non existent after they arbitrarily decided it wasn't worth it, apps become broken because of changes to the OS from updates to push features. Obviously technology changes and there's no denying it but I do have to wonder with all the volatility of the mobile market that it's an okay use of your money? Literally today is Steams 20th birthday and that's 20 years of purchases that are still good when you can't even guarantee my apps will work a year from now

iPhones support wireless controllers and have dock controllers that support iPhones.
I am aware of the controller stuff and, I mean, you do you, guys. But for me, that already sounds fiddly as hell. I'd rather have one device with buttons I can hold in my hands, a.k.a. a handheld.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Death stranding is the interesting one to me. That’s owned by Sony isn’t it?
Nope, Kojima has a unique space in this industry that he just works with who he wants. Basically the closets thing we have to a Martin Scorsese of the industry that people want his talent regardless of cost.

Synless

Nope, Kojima has a unique space in this industry that he just works with who he wants. Basically the closets thing we have to a Martin Scorsese of the industry that people want his talent regardless of cost.
Kojima does, yes. Death Stranding is a Sony owned IP. That has nothing to do with who he works with.

Last edited:
Do you believe in $1099 as well? lol
No. But others do in that 1 particular Nintendo thread..I've specifically said that the console won't cost more than $399 if Nintendo is going the power route this time around. But others are saying it's ok for it to be more than that which is just delusional..

It might be on par with Series S considering that box is $299 and is going to be 4 years old by end of next year.

Last edited:

Fake

No. But others do in that 1 particular Nintendo thread..I've specifically said that the console won't cost more than $399 if Nintendo is going the power route this time around. But others are saying it's ok for it to be more than that which is just delusional..

It might be on par with Series S considering that box is $299 and is going to be 4 years old by end of next year.

I don't think will be near as Series S to be honest. The only way possible is being either 100% 'docked only' or cost like the same price as iPhonePRO price.

I'm with Richard Leadbetter from Digital Foundry saying will be between PS4 and PS4pro with DLSS capability. A 1920x1080 at 60 fps Zelda BOTW reaching 4K via DLSS is more believable than any other hyperbole people have being saying.

Last edited:
Sony owns the DS IP.

MS is losing money with every Series X and S, Nintendo won’t lose money with the Switch 2.
That is true and I've also mentioned that in that Nintendo thread. However, it won't cost less than $299 that's for sure and with 4 years being passed I think there is a very small chance that it might be possible for that level of tech be sold at profit by that point for Nintendo. Just my opinion.

When I say that level of tech I am speaking Series S NOT PS5/Series X.

Justin9mm

USB-C to HDMI to TV
I don't think it will work like that, it will be a mobile version in the sense that it is scaled for the screen's size. I don't think it's going to be the exact same console version where you plug your phone into the TV and all of a sudden it's going to have full 4K with console features etc. It will probably look like shit.

theHFIC

I don't think it will work like that, it will be a mobile version in the sense that it is scaled for the screen's size. I don't think it's going to be the exact same console version where you plug your phone into the TV and all of a sudden it's going to have full 4K with console features etc. It will probably look like shit.
It won’t be 4K, but the GPU is driving a 2,796 x 1,290 display so nothing is stopping a 1080p output to a TV. Plus Apple’s tool chain allows it to easily expand to other platforms within the Apple ecosystem once they have it building for one device.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
but the screen and resolution ?

assuming if you are able to project the screen on TV, i wonder whats the resolution looks like.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I’m just here for the meltdowns. This is gonna be fun. With this and AC Mirage coming to mobile… we’ll see how the narrative starts to change that mobile gaming isn’t real gaming.
that doesnt change anything for now, because most mobile gamer currently arent interested to buy a real video game.

We shall see how many people mobile gaming can pull from the console/PC market.

Last edited:

nial

Death stranding is the interesting one to me. That’s owned by Sony isn’t it?
Actually I looked it up earlier. They do own it. So this is a very odd entry to the iPhone.
Kojima does, yes. Death Stranding is a Sony owned IP. That has nothing to do with who he works with.

I think they own the publishing rights for the console version only
Sony owns the DS IP.
SIE owns the Death Stranding IP, but when they made the deal with Kojima Productions, they gave them all publishing rights for the non-PlayStation 4 versions of the game (because SIE wasn't releasing anything major for PC/mobile in 2015). Most likely they allowed them to release it on everything else except Xbox One, Wii U, and any future competing consoles.

Justin9mm

It won’t be 4K, but the GPU is driving a 2,796 x 1,290 display so nothing is stopping a 1080p output to a TV. Plus Apple’s tool chain allows it to easily expand to other platforms within the Apple ecosystem once they have it building for one device.
1080p games on a 4K TV looks like garbage, I dunno man, I don't see this being a desirable feature and most likely not be implemented very well.

Top Bottom