• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailer puts warning notice on PS5s: ‘Microsoft has bought Activision!’

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I take you seriously for a second.bThe hell you know what will happen to COD and ps5 from 2024. Didn't Spencer saying he want to keep COD on ps5? We are 2 years away from 2024. Why people should care now to COD 2024. The hell is that stupidity.

well if you are only gonna get 1 next gen console and CoD is mulitplat till 2024…. Might want to buy in where it will be exclusive/free with game pass. Ps5 might only have warzone at that point.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Why would you do this? What do they care after you’ve walked out of the store?

As if a customer is going to come back demanding a refund because of that…

This is most likely the initiative of a single store manager or game department manager whitin a store (which often are kids in their twenties that don't really know better) that thought it was funny. They have access to the retailer's letterhead and a printer, and they're likely gonna get in trouble with corporate (unless corporate has a sense of humor I guess).

There's no way that's actually official marketing from the retailer, as it would be paginated decently and not have pen-written notes on it.

This site just decided to pretend this is something it isn't with no evidence whatsoever to drive some console war clicks in a weekend.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sign should have also included "but Sony is going to make their own military shooter with hookers and blow" just to even things out.

assurdum

Banned
well if you are only gonna get 1 next gen console and CoD is mulitplat till 2024…. Might want to buy in where it will be exclusive/free with game pass. Ps5 might only have warzone at that point.
But COD will stay on ps5 until 2024. And should even be illegal what he did. Even MS hasn't affirmed something so drastic about COD on ps5 until now, there is a reason about it.
This guy is a stupid fanboy and nothing more.

Last edited:

xion4360

Someone who would rather sell a Xbox Series S they actually have in stock than a PS5 they don’t have in stock?
so you put a sign in front of the Xbox Series S saying hey "activision is owned by MS get your COD here!"..or whatever..you dont discourage the sale of another product.

Warnen

But COD will stay on ps5 until 2024. And should even be illegal what he did. Even MS hasn't affirmed something so drastic about COD on ps5 until now.

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Why would you do this? What do they care after you’ve walked out of the store?

As if a customer is going to come back demanding a refund because of that…
There is a very large group of mainstream gamers who ONLY play COD every year and that’s it.

Kagey K

Banned
So after years of arguing nonsense like the customer is uninformed and little Billy is going to get a One X for Christmas instead of a Series X, because mom doesn't know the difference, we are now getting upset because a retailer is informing thier consumers about something they may not be aware of and may affect them?

Never change GAF.

assurdum

Banned
Ohh thought the illegal thing was the meme

didn’t know you meant it seriously

yikes….
Uh what. The terms of the agreement are not finalized yet; of course is illegal talk about anything as it was already defined, even for a retailer. Jesus man use at least your brain 🤣

Last edited:

Warnen

Uh what. The terms of the agreement are not finalized yet; of course is illegal talk about anything as it was already defined, even for a retailer. Jesus man use at least your brain 🤣
I worked at a game store, what ever we needed to sell was “the best”. At least this is factual. I had to straight up tell people GameCube was better then the ps2 becuase our sales goals that month was for the GameCube.

let me know when you file the lawsuit snowflake.

assurdum

Banned
I worked at a game store, what ever we needed to sell was “the best”. At least this is factual. I had to straight up tell people GameCube was better then the ps2 becuase our sales goals that month was for the GameCube.

let me know when you file the lawsuit snowflake.
And what it has to do to what I'm talking about. I don't think anyone can talk about this agreement in a definitive way until MS say so, can you imagine put a big advise. Of course who give a fuck to what a little retailers do, doubt MS even care about him.Why you people are so shocked.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's like when you go to GameStop to buy an Xbox but the nerd behind the counter tries to talk you into buying a Wii instead by telling you all the ways Xbox sucks and Nintendo rules

Warnen

And what it has to do to what I'm talking about.

retail is all about bending truths to sell shit. If that was illegal retail would not exist. So bring your lawsuit of a sign present some big news to casuals, I’m sure you will win.

assurdum

Banned
retail is all about bending truths to sell shit. If that was illegal retail would not exist. So bring your lawsuit of a sign present some big news to casuals, I’m sure you will win.
Just imagine if sony start to bring lawsuit about it because it become a trend (it's a paradox example). Let see what will happen to such retailers and if I'm so crazy. They did it for a lot less.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Dude. You just talked about it. You committed a crime. You better delete this post.

assurdum

Banned
You should send them a link, help out the cause you know.
Jesus. The cause. We are not all fanboy obsessed to the brand. I blamed Sony tons of times for a lot less. Doubt you ever said something negative about your precious MS in your whole post history. It's you who are obsessed about the cause. You can't even heard someone who react negatively about the retails behaviour in the OP with this bizzare sarcasm lol.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Dude. You can talk about the agreement. You can't advice the supposed terms, if you want to appears smart at least try to understand of what we are talking about. Don't put a vague sentence without any kinda of logic.
Can you link me to the penal codes that outlines what crime was committed in this specific jurisdiction?

Warnen

Jesus. The cause. We are not all fanboy obsessed to the brand. I blamed Sony tons of times for a lot less. Doubt you ever said something negative about your precious MS in your whole post history. It's you who are obsessed about the cause. You can't even heard someone who react negatively about the retails behaviour in the OP with this bizzare sarcasm lol.
Been very vocal on how shit the MS store is on PC, so bad I doubt I’ll keep gamepass (and bought halo on steam). Maybe I should threaten a lawsuit instead.

Kagey K

Banned
Dude. You can talk about the agreement. You can't advice the supposed terms, if you want to appears smart at least try to understand of what we are talking about. Don't put a vague sentence without any kinda of logic.
What terms are they discussing? They literally only say MS bought Activision.

oldergamer

They need to take that shit down. If Sony sees this they will be pissed at that retailer.

This is like when EB was doing something similar with the Xbone before they changed the always online policy

Top Bottom