• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

pacman85

Why is this sold out on Best Buy, damnit. I just signed up for GCU to preorder it and now I can't.
There have been multiple people that have posted on this thread saying the XBone band-in-a-box bundle is sold out for days now. It would have taken just a simple search through this thread or reading the past few pages to see this before you bought GCU. I know that doesn't help now but just saying....

pacman85

Ahhh am I totally boned? I just bought a £50 Xbox Live credit voucher, redeemed it, and went to buy some DLC. It's only letting me pay with a credit card? I don't have access to a 360 anymore. Can I use the credit to buy the songs?
Yeah, for whatever reason, once the XBox One launched MS removed the ability to buy 360 content on the xbox.com using money in your "Microsoft wallet". Nobody really knows if they are going to "fix" this or if this is just how it's going to be from now on. For what it's worth, you CAN use money in your "Microsoft wallet" to buy XBox One content online so I would think it's something MS should be able to fix....

zulux21

There have been multiple people that have posted on this thread saying the XBone band-in-a-box bundle is sold out for days now. It would have taken just a simple search through this thread or reading the past few pages to see this before you bought GCU. I know that doesn't help now but just saying....

I believe it's also been said that if you go to the store that you can still preorder in store, but that might have changed.

Neil_J_UK

Yeah, for whatever reason, once the XBox One launched MS removed the ability to buy 360 content on the xbox.com using money in your "Microsoft wallet". Nobody really knows if they are going to "fix" this or if this is just how it's going to be from now on. For what it's worth, you CAN use money in your "Microsoft wallet" to buy XBox One content online so I would think it's something MS should be able to fix....

Damn. Thanks, I'll see if I could borrow a friends console.

I believe it's also been said that if you go to the store that you can still preorder in store, but that might have changed.

I literally just got done with preordering in store, no hassle. Requires only $5 down. Have them search for it by SKU though because their preorder kiosk won't work for finding any RB4 SKU.

I literally just got done with preordering in store, no hassle. Requires only $5 down. Have them search for it by SKU though because their preorder kiosk won't work for finding any RB4 SKU.

My store's preorder kiosk doesn't work period. They just have cards with the barcodes on the back in front of the kiosk.

Although yeah, when I looked through the kiosk a while back, it was very much out of date in regards to music games.

ViciousDS

Banned
Playing legend of dragoon ATM.

But anyone down for rock band 3 360? I'll do guitar or bass. I'd do drums but I'm pretty afraid to open that battery compartment on the old drum set after it's been sitting so long in the basement. Not to mention all the dust and......things that probably lurk near it lol

XBL: TheViciousDS

But anyone down for rock band 3 360? I'll do guitar or bass. I'd do drums but I'm pretty afraid to open that battery compartment on the old drum set after it's been sitting so long in the basement. Not to mention all the dust and......things that probably lurk near it lol

Na, grab them drums. You will have a great time and, after a sick drum roll, you will hit the green pad a bit harder than you were before. This will cause a spider egg sac under the pad to burst and they will come rushing out to see you!

ViciousDS

Banned
Na, grab them drums. You will have a great time and, after a sick drum roll, you will hit the green pad a bit harder than you were before. This will cause a spider egg sac under the pad to burst and they will come rushing out to see you!

latest

Anyone up for rocking? I only have a couple months to enjoy my xplorers anyways lol

As for the battery compartment that would have to do with battery corrosion. It's probably destroyed the compartment

Mentioned as can't be missed and probably the last batch before release. Hopefully they saved some absolute crackers.

Predictions/Wishes
  • Brand New - Probably either Sic Transit Gloria or Sowing Season. You Won't Know would be the shit though, props to those above.
  • David Bowie - Quite a few of his big ones are already in the game. Would really like Starman.
  • I Am Waiting for You Last Summer - Event Horizon, because one of these days those bastards are gonna get some post-rock in.
  • Imagine Dragons - Well, yeah. Just please don't use something off the first album and especially not Radioactive. Use Warriors that would be fucking great.
  • Muse - Something off of Drones. Expecting Psycho but would like Reapers.
  • Outlaws - For the best version of (Ghost) Riders in the Sky.
  • Royal Blood - I'd be more surprised at them being omitted, to be honest. Out of the Black please.
  • Rx Bandits - Could honestly be anything but ...And the Battle Begins would be a good pick.
  • Queen - Already a shitload of Queen in and still no Innuendo, get on that Harmonix.
  • Tenacious D - I have no idea what they could get away with that isn't already in the game. Beelzeboss would be killer but half the lyrics would be missing. Rock Is Dead would be really fun but it's short.

Imagine if they finally got Zeppelin though.

ViciousDS

Banned
So I think I played aerials on the guitar for the first time.....and holy shit is that chart dreadful. I'm staring at the notes and asking myself why am I switching notes on the same chord. I've played the song enough on my real guitar to just quit the song after what I saw. Damn that's terrible

So I think I played aerials on the guitar for the first time.....and holy shit is that chart dreadful. I'm staring at the notes and asking myself why am I switching notes on the same chord. I've played the song enough on my real guitar to just quit the song after what I saw. Damn that's terrible

The main riff is a pain in that song, yeah. Bought that one fairly recently. Song itself is good, though.

Storm360

I'm always up for it - MikuIsMaiWaifu, I have like 1800 songs

Ninhead

Mentioned as can't be missed and probably the last batch before release. Hopefully they saved some absolute crackers.

Predictions/Wishes
  • Brand New - Probably either Sic Transit Gloria or Sowing Season. You Won't Know would be the shit though, props to those above.
  • David Bowie - Quite a few of his big ones are already in the game. Would really like Starman.
  • I Am Waiting for You Last Summer - Event Horizon, because one of these days those bastards are gonna get some post-rock in.
  • Imagine Dragons - Well, yeah. Just please don't use something off the first album and especially not Radioactive. Use Warriors that would be fucking great.
  • Muse - Something off of Drones. Expecting Psycho but would like Reapers.
  • Outlaws - For the best version of (Ghost) Riders in the Sky.
  • Royal Blood - I'd be more surprised at them being omitted, to be honest. Out of the Black please.
  • Rx Bandits - Could honestly be anything but ...And the Battle Begins would be a good pick.
  • Queen - Already a shitload of Queen in and still no Innuendo, get on that Harmonix.
  • Tenacious D - I have no idea what they could get away with that isn't already in the game. Beelzeboss would be killer but half the lyrics would be missing. Rock Is Dead would be really fun but it's short.

Imagine if they finally got Zeppelin though.

I really need "Figure It Out" by Royal Blood. Really, really bad.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm always up for it - MikuIsMaiWaifu, I have like 1800 songs

Aw, I just ended and saw this lol. Well sucks because I think half my songs are RBN which means I'm going to have half a library on RB4.

I only have roughly 500 total and am missing the RB1 songs compared to your 1800.

Also would be easy to see all the songs on sale if the damn store didn't keep booting me out. Music store lasts maybe 15 seconds. It's easier going down a list sorted by artists than trying to weave through the mess of 4K songs on the Xbox store

xzeldax3

Aw, I just ended and saw this lol. Well sucks because I think half my songs are RBN which means I'm going to have half a library on RB4.

I only have roughly 500 total and am missing the RB1 songs compared to your 1800.

Also would be easy to see all the songs on sale if the damn store didn't keep booting me out. Music store lasts maybe 15 seconds. It's easier going down a list sorted by artists than trying to weave through the mess of 4K songs on the Xbox store
Just look at this list instead:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_list_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

Everything before the Doors pack is on sale (aka pre-Rock Band 3 DLC).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
OMG new tracks tomorrow. I'm gonna assume that they'll announce the rest of the songs.

I'm excited to see at least one thing I recognize. A majority of the RB4 soundtrack setlist I haven't listened to, not that there's anything wrong with that, but a big reason why RB2 is so near and dear to me is because of the familiarity with the initial setlist.

Is there a list of what songs have made it into Rock Band from Guitar Hero 1 to Warriors of Rock as DLC? I wanted to get as much as the GH setlists into RB as possible but I see a few have made it to RBN as well.

shakanico

Neo Member
Are the RB guitars easier to user than the bass of The Beatles : Rock band when you want to play guitar ? I find that the bass is too long to properly play the guitar score. I only have the GH3 guitar which is very old and I want to play on a new guitar.

Neil_J_UK

Just going through all the songs I plan on buying later - I'm right in saying there is no rush on buying the post RB3 songs as they are not on sale, therefore not likely to increase, correct?

Are the RB guitars easier to user than the bass of The Beatles : Rock band when you want to play guitar ? I find that the bass is too long to properly play the guitar score. I only have the GH3 guitar which is very old and I want to play on a new guitar.

The neck is smaller than the bass. So it should be easier.

Yaari

Meh. It just feels like the entire tracklist is stacked with songs I never heard about. Probably says a lot about me and my interest in music in general somewhat, but it felt much different with prior RB games where I recognized many songs.

Excited for That Smell. Other than that......

Nicolas_Cage_Laugh_GIF+cagandose+de+risa+(1).gif

You can really see what the loss of EA and MTV can do to the budget for the songs. Hopefully their dlc isn't such a letdown. And hopefully it's consistent like it was before.

vg260

Eh, nothing too exciting. Not sure why the Harmonix's last group of tracks announced is always a let down. Everyone's always expecting some big hitters in the final reveal, and they're usually just ok at best. Maybe they should have saved Van Halen.

Top Bottom