• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

How do I know if my order is cancelled? Still pending here.

Re-preordered at Amazon just to be safe. Gonna go to Best Buy this Sunday as that's my day off to inquire about in store orders. Those only require $5 down, correct?

edit: got an email cancellation. How long till that money is in my account again?

What are my options buying the game if I want it digitally, with the new guitar and also use my old wired RB1 guitar? In the UK, Xbox One.

Daigoro

So, anyone got predictions for the last dozen or so songs left to announce? I have a sneaking suspicion we may see an on-disk Coheed song! Been 3 games since the band had an on-disk track. My money would be on "Domino The Destitute".

Also kind of hoping "Blinded By The Light" & "Africa" are in there somewhere too! Oh and "Wonderboy"!

i would love any and all of these choices.

The only confirmed way to get the adapter as of today, September 9th, is in the adapter/game bundle.

They do intend to release it standalone, just like they intend to release standalone instruments, but there are no guarantees any of it will be at launch (likely the adapter is, in some capacity, to support digital downloads, while instruments will [probably?] be 2016).

if a stand alone adapter isnt released at launch, then it's complete bullshit. unacceptable imo.

ViciousDS

Banned
i still cant wrap my head around the fact that i am totally boned as an Xbox One Gamer,,,

the Band in a box does not come with a legacy adapter, and nor do the wired instruments work ( drumkits and those drumrockers from ION)

so i like drumming for most part,, but i only have wireless guitars so i would need to buy the game and legacy controller which is 90 euros in the netherlands,, plus i need the band in a box kit, cuz i like drumming and singing to. and that one is priced 300 euros,

i am so destroyed by the fact i just cannot buy the band in a box and a adapter,,, cause they dont plan to release it separately ....

i just cant wrap my head around the fact that as a loyal costumer of 1500 songs i am left in the dark on the instrument side :*( sorry for the poor english,,, its late in here haha

I just can't wrap my head around how people don't have patience for an announcement that we know is coming, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that a developer who's doing all they can on old legacy hardware won't release a stand alone adapter I just can't........oh wait

There it is.....FFS! I am just so destroyed by the fact that people love to complain don't they.

Come on guys you really think they weren't going to release it as a standalone with digital coming to Xbox one? It will eventually be there.

xzeldax3

I really hope HMX gives a warning before they stop the DLC sale because I've been waiting for discounts on XBL gift cards. If I don't find any before the end of the sale, then I'll just buy them normally.

ViciousDS

Banned
that's all anyone was asking for, confirmation. and that still just the announcement of the announcement...

I think what blows my mind is that you can use the wired instruments on the PS4

I'm actually going to blame microsoft on this one as it seems Sony has not been stingy at all with usb devices. It's the reason USB headsets work, keyboards and even mice with ease. It seems Sony has really allowed a lot to happen with ease through the USB port. Why can't Microsoft a company who basically is going to have windows 10 in this damn thing by release get USB drivers working when they ALREADY EXIST! This all comes down to Microsoft pulling that patented proprietary bullshit.

Trying to find the passes on xbox market place for Rock Band 1 and 2 to purchase so I can get the songs on RB4. What are they called as there is so many songs to go through to find them

ViciousDS

Banned
Trying to find the passes on xbox market place for Rock Band 1 and 2 to purchase so I can get the songs on RB4. What are they called as there is so many songs to go through to find them

as far as I remember RB1, 2, Lego, and AC/DC all had export keys that were with the games when actually bought and that is the only way to get those songs. RB1 export I think even requires the disc. I have the export key in my DLC but it doesn't even give me the songs I noticed because I think the songs were actually ripped off the disc. RB2 actually had a download but you still needed to redeem the code on the manual. You can also contact EA support and ask for a RB2 export key and they will just give you one for free.

Rock Band 1 does NOT require a code. I think you might be able to find the export on whichever console's marketplace, and if you can't, you can just insert the disc and look for the export option.

Rock Band 2 does need a code, but most of the original codes have expired. You can try to contact EA Support for a new code, but people have reported mixed success.

Lego's export is pretty much gone.

how do i download my RB1 songs.....I want through my list but only found the export license....unless I just need to find it on the marketplace again or something

You'll probably be able to download them on the next console, the export license will probably be all you need.

You still need the disc to get the songs on current-gen consoles, though. It rips the songs directly from the disc.

Is it assumed that after launch date the band in a box bundle won't be available anywhere? I'm going back and forth on the decision to get it and I won't be able to buy until the 10th or 11th. Just wanted to know if it was super limited.

Yaari

Is it assumed that after launch date the band in a box bundle won't be available anywhere? I'm going back and forth on the decision to get it and I won't be able to buy until the 10th or 11th. Just wanted to know if it was super limited.

That's what they are trying to make us believe, ut I don't believe it for a second. MadCatz has to make a lot of money on these sets so I'm sure they will keep them coming at a rapid pace.

I'd be very surprised if this sells out anywhere.

That's what they are trying to make us believe, ut I don't believe it for a second. MadCatz has to make a lot of money on these sets so I'm sure they will keep them coming at a rapid pace.

I'd be very surprised if this sells out anywhere.
That's what I was thinking. I didn't know considering the One bundles are sold out at Best Buy. It seems like I'll be fine, then.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You have to go to the game it's then click on the "Add-ons" option from within there. There is a split in the DLC when RB3 released so:

Post-RB3 Release Songs

Pre-RB3 Release Songs

That's pretty horrible though as you only see the song name. I just brought up a wiki page with the songs on, sorted by artist and then when I found tracks I wanted I did a specific search on the PlayStation web store.

Edit: I think I used this one - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_list_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

pacman85

There were no plans to bring RBN songs forward?
I'm hoping they will bring over the RBN songs they moved and released in the PS Store. Besides, it was the best-selling/most requested ones they moved over and is basically all of the songs I own from RBN. That would make the most sense to me.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm hoping they will bring over the RBN songs they moved and released in the PS Store. Besides, it was the best-selling/most requested ones they moved over and is basically all of the songs I own from RBN. That would make the most sense to me.

I am Abomination, Third Eye Blind, Seether, asking alexandria, black veil bridges............ah fuck it too much good shit to list!

not to mention that the third eye blind songs WERE RE-RECORDINGS!

Some new details on the Career mode.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/a-look-inside-rock-band-4s-new-career-mode/

Each choice that you and your band make impacts your story and the types of shows that you encounter. Some paths will lead to more freedom (voting and pick your own setlists), while others will trade in setlist restrictions in favor of big payouts. Certain story lines will bring fame and riches, some will bring adventures on the road and close calls, while other choices will reward your band with gear, clothing, and customization options.

In the beginning your choices will feel pretty straightforward. Do you choose a manager (who promises boat loads of cash) or the freedom of the open road and a “new to you” van? Later on things will get… trickier. You might have to sacrifice your integrity, you might have to shave your heads, you might have to sleep on a floor or become part of an “installation.” You’ll have to make hard decisions like whether to continuously tolerate Chazz’s farts, sell out, or venture into a weird new world of internet promotion and digital distribution. (Also, beware anyone that asks your band to be on their hip new video game’s soundtrack). At the end of the day will you be Totally Loaded? A Style Icon? Or an Indie Darling?

firstlocalshows.jpg

makeyourchoice.jpg

That looks rather interesting. I'll give it a go once, as between those images and the achievement list it looks like it'll be the only way to get money and unlock items.

I do wish that they'd just steal GHWoR's idea though and have everything unlocked as you get more stars, rather than through playing career a thousand times with every instrument.

MajorMane

Finally got my video submission for the Rock Band Road Crew put together, so I'll be submitting it tonight. Not expecting much, but even the chance to be a part of this was enough for me to throw in some effort into a video. Either way, I'll be buying the game.

Basically is back to RB2 with new twists, I like it.

I absolutely loved RB2's career, so I'm really hoping that we go back to a career more like this. So far, I'm really excited for RB4's career mode and the new options it is bringing forth.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The wait for rock band 4 is starting to get unbearable, I think this is the most hyped i've been for a game since.... rock band 3. I'm just so ready to get back in it, and get my hands on the new guitar again! The buttons feel so good, and the new guitar solo system is so awesome!

The wait for rock band 4 is starting to get unbearable, I think this is the most hyped i've been for a game since.... rock band 3. I'm just so ready to get back in it, and get my hands on the new guitar again! The buttons feel so good, and the new guitar solo system is so awesome!

Me too. Honestly I think the RB guitars get shit on too much. Yeah they sucked during the RB1 era, but since the wireless Stratocaster for RB2, they've been my favourite ones to use. Really looking forward on using the new drumset and guitar.

zulux21

it's not so bad for me, but in general I fear Oct.

I start off finding out if I have jury duty, and then have to put my wallet on life support lol.

Tales of Zestiria
persona dancing all night LE
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance and rock band on the same day @_@
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (maybe LE)
and binding of isaac rebirth dlc to finish off the month :/

I really don't know how I will budget my time as zestiria, disgaea 5, dragon quest heroes, rock band and isaac are all must plays.

on a random note I would love a song with vocals like the disgaea 5 theme on rock band lol.

granted my top song I would want that has vocals like that would be the black mages version of one winged angel as from 3 min on it gets realy crazy on the drums and guitar P

Me too. Honestly I think the RB guitars get shit on too much. Yeah they sucked during the RB1 era, but since the wireless Stratocaster for RB2, they've been my favourite ones to use. Really looking forward on using the new drumset and guitar.

I personally have always found the rock band guitars superior, I hate the guitar hero clicking whether I am doing it or playing with someone else, it takes me completely out of the experience as what type of crappy band clicks while playing :/ granted I only play hard on most songs and expert on others and don't strive for high scores.

no gender restrictions on stuff in rock band 4
“You’ll see that hairstyles, facial hair, and special clothing unlocks are available on both the masculine and feminine character bodies in-game.”

that was hidden at the end of the career mode blog post.

Neil_J_UK

Really? I only ever used the RB1 guitar and really hated it. The buttons were way too big for me, the feedback from pressing them was poor, they felt really cheap and like they would easily break. Plus the strum bar was bad. I've not used a RB guitar since - I've gone as far as ordering a pre-owned GH5 guitar with a plan of buying an adapter to use as my primary guitar even though I ordered a BIAB.

Have they really improved the guitar that much?

Raide

If I get the Band in a Box set for RB4, do I need that new wireless adaptor thingy in order to use one of my older wireless guitars?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Really? I only ever used the RB1 guitar and really hated it. The buttons were way too big for me, the feedback from pressing them was poor, they felt really cheap and like they would easily break. Plus the strum bar was bad. I've not used a RB guitar since - I've gone as far as ordering a pre-owned GH5 guitar with a plan of buying an adapter to use as my primary guitar even though I ordered a BIAB.

Have they really improved the guitar that much?

The rb1 guitar was notoriously known for being subpar. My guitar had the strum bar issue where it doesnt always register.

From rock band 2 and on, the instruments have been solid. The buttons are the same size, and I think the build quality was similar but i've never had one break on me. You get used to the feel of the strum bar, which is something I think a lot of people who start with GH have an issue with, not as profound feedback.

I've played with the rb4 guitars and the buttons are a lot less resistant, I was playing better than i've ever played before. I can't imagine going back to the previous guitars. Madcatz have done a great job with improving the guitar while aesthetically looks the same.

chunk3rvd

Recently bought the full Beatles LE set 2nd hand to replace my GH:WT band set for RB4. First time I've used a Rock Band guitar and it's definitely been an adjustment period. I find it improves my games in some areas and makes others worse.

I'm much better at strumming accurately on the RB guitar so I play fast songs better and find bass much easier. I thought I'd hate the squishy strum bar but it seems to help me there. I also switch between chords better and even keep hitting stuff I'm convinced I've missed.

On the flip side, I find the intricate HO-PO sections much harder on the RB guitar. I'm not an amazing player but can play most stuff on expert. Can't 100% Green Grass but I love to play things like Alabama Getaway. Can't do it for shit on the RB guitar though. Moving my fingers that fast I often miss stuff as the gaps between the buttons aren't as distinct as the GH guitars. Luckily I still have my GH:WT guitar so I can switch between the two when needed!

Delryk

Career mode looks pretty sweet. already organized a little soiré the first weekend of the release for a RB4 party.. :)

Now to hope there's enough "sales" so we can get that online multiplayer going in the future.. I have a few friends, including my bro, that lives 6 hours away and we played many hours on RB3 online....

Top Bottom