• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Yaari

Setlist not doing much for me either. But theres cool dlc and disc exports that make up for it for me. If I still had my 360 I probably wouldnt get it either.

Okay guys I've done some advanced analysis and think I've spotted the hidden clues

DpNPZxsl.jpg

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Boy, the doom and gloom I'm seeing about the potential lack of Ion support is a real bummer. I got one last year and it is so freakin amazing. Not being able to use that would definitely mean no sale for me :(

zulux21

Ugh.
Even if you're not right in this case, I've come to the realization that this game will almost certainly have one of their songs in it :(

and hopefully both of their CDs will be available for DLC because I would buy both :p

ideally the included song will be warriors as I can't really hope for bleeding out as that one wasn't a decently big single :/

but yeah there are a good 15-20 songs by them I would love to have to play and sing.

Oooooooooh, I hope Silversun Pickups gets another song. They got new stuff out soon and have past on disc and DLC. I'd say they have an indie type sound....

Boy, the doom and gloom I'm seeing about the potential lack of Ion support is a real bummer. I got one last year and it is so freakin amazing. Not being able to use that would definitely mean no sale for me :(

I'm still holding out hope that wired instruments will be compatible on PS4 at launch. AFAIK there is no secret sauce to the PS4's USB inputs (unlike the XBox which, I believe, is not as straight forward).

But for now their official stance is no wired instruments at launch. Which sucks.

C4Lukins

I sure hope I am able to play at least one U2 song finally. But not sure I believe their easter egg guess.

Would be awesome but that same image of a mannequin head wearing a helmet has been guessed as Helmet, Pearl Jam, Primus, Stone Temple Pilots, and The Smiths in that post. I get the connection to U2, Helmet, and Pearl Jam, not sure about the rest.

So yeah, Canadian prices shot up 20-70 dollars. Bundle practically a Xbox one now. EB is also showing that the Xbox bundle is coming with the adapter bundled by default for $120. It puts me in a fun conundrum: base game for $120 with adapter to use all the old stuff I have, or my early E3 order of the guitar set (which doesn't seem to contain the adapter) for $130.

FyreWulff

Indie Rock, huh? So, no hype for any big bands then. Guess they need more filler tracks.

The game has some clearly not indie songs in it's indie genre for the other games.. it's such a weird category.

(to be fair, apparently the labels insist certain genres sometimes when the song is licensed)

I'm praying for another Electric Six song. I wanted Danger High Voltage since harmonies were added, but the old songs having lost the license and being taken down makes me not very hopeful we'll see them again.

Fleetwood Mac and SOAD are on-disc even though they just had a bunch of songs pulled. Music licensing never makes any sense.

How do you view the Rock Band games? Some people would say they're lame and for has been never was performers.

I look at it as a new way to consume music.

How do people who play real instruments view this game?

I still don't understand how one of Canada's (recent) most popular bands, Billy Talent, hasn't been in a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game yet. I know I'm not the only one who wants them in the game as DLC, or on disc, it's just really weird to me. I mean they are in Rocksmith, ffs.

On the other hand, Panic Switch and Soft Of are the most recent DLC tracks to have been delisted, back in May.

Yeah but...

Fleetwood Mac and SOAD are on-disc even though they just had a bunch of songs pulled. Music licensing never makes any sense.

I'm still gonna hold out a bit of hope (and then they they are not on disc I will tell myself "DLC obviously" and a single tear will run down my face)

Brisal73

Cannot wait for the game, but I would like to see a phone app created, where I can just listen to the music I bought in my car and through my phone.

ViciousDS

Banned
and hopefully both of their CDs will be available for DLC because I would buy both :p

ideally the included song will be warriors as I can't really hope for bleeding out as that one wasn't a decently big single :/

but yeah there are a good 15-20 songs by them I would love to have to play and sing.

Pretty sure warriors is exclusive use to riot games since it was made for LoL.

I could see I'm so sorry though

http://youtu.be/ubnePceuTNA

How do you view the Rock Band games? Some people would say they're lame and for has been never was performers.

I owe most of my music collection to Harmonix since Rock band helped me find new music and artists.

I think the games are fun, when it has music I like (or genres I like). Rock Band 3, I will always do my best to avoid playing the on disc songs, because I dislike them so much.
I'll play the DLC and RBN songs if i get the chance.

The games haven't helped me at all with finding new artists, I do that on my own via sputnikmusic, last.fm or friends suggesting music they think i'll like.

Tik-Tok

I still don't understand how one of Canada's (recent) most popular bands, Billy Talent, hasn't been in a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game yet. I know I'm not the only one who wants them in the game as DLC, or on disc, it's just really weird to me. I mean they are in Rocksmith, ffs.
Nothing you said here is accurate or true.
Billy Talent has marginal appeal even inside Canada and only gets as much air play as they do because of crtc regulations. They're not a recent popular band. They're not a popular band at all. They're bad.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I decided to play some RB3 tonight since it's been like a year since I've played and man! My hand/fingers hurt! I'm so rusty at expert guitar lol

Nothing you said here is accurate or true.
Billy Talent has marginal appeal even inside Canada and only gets as much air play as they do because of crtc regulations. They're not a recent popular band. They're not a popular band at all. They're bad.

Germany, Canada and UK are their biggest markets, and all of their albums (besides Dead Silence) have multi platinums. Tell me a recent (2000's onward) canadian band that you think is popular, not singular artist, band. I'm curious.

I think they are great, only bad album is III, but I'm not going to argue this, because I know how much of a love or hate band they are.

FyreWulff

I play real bass.

People that think Guitar Hero or Rock Band are going to prevent you from learning a real instrument, or not make you appreciate music, are idiots.

I could write a gigapost on how I feel about how music games open doors to music, but the people that attack these games for "hurting music" are just wrong. Full stop.

Also speaking of GnR being on good terms, the prototype of Rock Band with the Welcome to the Jungle cover was about 8 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3E8zgqJM4

that interface yo

C4Lukins

Indie Rock, huh? So, no hype for any big bands then. Guess they need more filler tracks.

Indie Rock is such a vague term these days.

No it probably does not mean Led Zeppelin, Tool, or Pink Floyd.

But it could still be Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sleater Kinney, the National or the Decemberists. And I will take a dozen indie bands over another Van Halen.

AlexBasch

The reason I'm playing/learning drums is because I got the whole bundle of RB1 for the PS2 back in the day and got from being unable to coordinate my foot and my left hand to be able to play basic rock beats in a band with friends I'm now.

Heck, I played fucking Reptilia just because I remembered the core part of the song, I'm not perfect at it, but seriously, I owe it to Rock Band.

I'm sorry, but if any musician is offended because of this, then it's pretty welcome to fuck off somewhere else, I love playing real life drums and RB ones.

Also, singing, I didn't know I would love singing so fucking much.

xzeldax3

I really don't understand the people who say "go play a real guitar!" I specifically play Rock Band so I can experience music in a way that no other medium allows me to. I can jam out to songs I love without having to go through the endless hours of learning an instrument. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to get the exact sound I wanted and have a perfect backing track anyways.

I mainly play drums nowadays. Pro drums has taught me the basics of drumming and I can actually play beats and keep rhythm fairly well on a real drumset. I love to mess around on the freestyle mode and play along to my mp3s.

It is one of the few games I can literally play all day and never get sick of it. Plus, creating and playing my own customs gives me a sense of accomplishment that is hard to beat. Seeing my friend's eyes light up when I show them a song I made for them that would normally never end up in the game is priceless.

I play real instruments, amateurishly. Rock Band actually taught me rhythm. It also opened me up to the hard to distinguish details of many songs in its library. In regular listening, unless you got the focus of superman, instruments often blur together so minor details can easily slip passed. Or if you just have bad speakers then your pretty much missing details no matter what. But when you play a song in RB it singles out that instruments track, so you can catch every exact note, and that can lead to interesting discoveries. So thats all something I'd think.

ascii42

I've been playing guitar for around 12 years now, and I've dabbled in drums as well. I became instantly enamored with Guitar Hero when I played that, and I love Rock Band. Probably helps that I mostly just jam on the guitar rather than try to play actual songs. So they are just different experiences for me.

Azzawon

Billy Talent are a great band and I can think of a lot of songs off the top of my head that would be a great fit for a rhythm game like Rock Band.
Try Honesty, Fallen Leaves, Red Flag and Viking Death March to name a few.

Short skirt/long jacket and the impression that I get are going to be blasts to play
And No One Like You too

No One Like You was confirmed a while ago, it's a rerecord.

I'm glad to see Impression and Caught Up in You, though. And I just had an Oh That Song moment with Short Skirt.

Top Bottom