• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar is now trying to scam people into paying $50 for the Xbox 360 Read Dead Redemption

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Rockstar just posted a $100 bundle on Xbox that includes RDR2 and the X360 BC version of RDR.
OUCx9OT.jpg

This is NOT the remaster that is out on PS4 and Switch. It’s just the original X360 version with its DLC.

Kuranghi

A joke yes, they charge £25 for RDR on 360:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Antwix

Not sure why this bundle is even a thing. Literally just all the content in one transaction for MSRP. The title is a bit off though : $30 for RDR1, $10 for Undead Nightmare, $60 for RDR2.

All these go on sale like every month or so though. I wonder if they're gonna pull a FromSoft and put the games on sale less frequently, at a lesser % off.

Last edited:
Getting people to pay more money for the real release dates of Starfield and BG3 seems more dirty to me.

All the major releases are going to make you pay more for the real release date now.

It’s like paying to play online all over again and people are walking right into it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not sure why this bundle is even a thing. Literally just all the content in one transaction for MSRP. The title is a bit off though : $30 for RDR1, $10 for Undead Nightmare, $60 for RDR2.

All these go on sale like every month or so though. I wonder if they're gonna pull a FromSoft and put the games on sale less frequently, at a lesser % off.
CDPR pulled the same. You used to be able to get TW3 Complete Edition for $10 in sales, to now going no lower than $20-$25 in sales.

Deft Beck

They are trying to capture as many sales as possible. It may not be "honest" in a sense but I think people who don't own one of the games already don't know any better.

ReBurn

Gold Member
That's just the normal price of all of the content combined. That said, RDR2 Ultimate is on sale for $30 with Gold, so anyone with Gold who buys this bundle is crazy. You could get it all for $60.

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned
...Isn't this just the normal price?
The bundle has:
RDR = 30
Undead DLC = 10
RDR2 = 60
100 dollars
This post should have been /endthread. But this entire forum has had a hard on for hating on this release. And I think literally every person who has hasn't even tried the port, just crying about pricing. Shame when this release is much better from the horribleeeee gta "remasters" or whatever and its going to sell like hot cakes, proving the price point is accurate for the market. Its like there is a giant collective of broke dudes and/or blind haters who NEED to hate this.

Majormaxxx

This is not a scam. It's a voluntary monetary transaction.
We may or may not agree on the question of if the game is worth the $50 price tag but it's literally Economics 101.
In my opinion, they can shove those prices up their ass.
OK not a scam but a grift

Majormaxxx

This post should have been /endthread. But this entire forum has had a hard on for hating on this release. And I think literally every person who has hasn't even tried the port, just crying about pricing. Shame when this release is much better from the horribleeeee gta "remasters" or whatever and its going to sell like hot cakes, proving the price point is accurate for the market. Its like there is a giant collective of broke dudes and/or blind haters who NEED to hate this.
Pal, what's the point of the bundle if none of the items are even a bit discounted.

You are the hater of sensible people.

Well until another developer releases an open world western game, they can charge whatever price they want. It remains basically the only game in the genre.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
This is not a scam. It's a voluntary monetary transaction.
We may or may not agree on the question of if the game is worth the $50 price tag but it's literally Economics 101.
Yes, but it shows incredible lack of respect to the people that are supposed to be their target audience. Basically a company says in the open their customers are fucking dumb.

Reactions: K2D

brian0057

Banned
Yes, but it shows incredible lack of respect to the people that are supposed to be their target audience. Basically a company says in the open their customers are fucking dumb.
People should stop expecting anything from companies other than them wanting to make money.
They're setting a price. It's up to you whether you take it or not. And if history is to go by, Rockstar knows that people will pay it.
I don't blame them since their intentions are crystal clear. I blame the consumers.

Top Bottom