• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Squadron Delayed Due to 'Scheduling Conflicts'

ManaByte

Jenkins and writer Matthew Robinson have been developing Squadron for Lucasfilm for over a year, with the goal of starting production in 2022. It was to have gone into preproduction by the end of this year.

However, sources say the producers and filmmaking team came to the realization that Jenkins’ schedule and other commitments wouldn’t allow for the window needed to make the movie in 2022.

Thus, Squadron has been taken off the production schedule. The hope is that once Jenkins’ fulfills her previous commitments, she will be able to return to the project.

It is unclear what if any of Jenkins’ commitments were at issue specifically, but she is in development on Wonder Woman 3 for Warner Bros. and a Cleopatra feature for Paramount. Sources say Wonder Woman 3 was initially to have followed Squadron, but that could shift now that the latter is off the table.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Sure Jan GIF

Little Mac

After watching Dune, I could care less about SW outside of maybe The Mandalorian or the upcoming Obi Won series. The franchise really shit the bed this past trilogy.

The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Billbofet

I think Disney is making so much money with Disney+ they are really scared about feature films now for Star Wars.
I agree. I think with how quickly they damaged the SW brand on top of kids just having so many other franchises to love, they are best to keep feature films on Disney + for a while (for SW). They would have to be smaller scope/budget, but that seems to be working for SW now.
All my life my favorite character in anything has been Boba Fett. With the low quality and over-saturization of the SW property, I can't even bring myself to watch the trailer for the upcoming show.

I also think Wonder Woman 1984 was so awful that I have no faith in Jenkins at all.

Wonder woman was pure trash
I enjoyed the first movie the first time I watched it, but when I tried to watching it again I turned it off. It just doesn't hold off. Jenkins also developed that Spiderman Play that got everyone hurt.
Lmao wut.

WW1 is one of the best cape flicks of all time. WW84 definitely was sub-par but still better than MoS / BvS / Suicide Squad 1 / etc.

Revisionist history because of hate for Disney is lol.

T8SC

Guardians of the Galaxy already took the SW crown for me. Plenty of action/aliens/non-earth looking worlds, how SW missed all that with the past 6 main films is beyond me.

visible-confusion.gif

There's nothing wrong with the prequels' world building, aliens or action.

bitbydeath

visible-confusion.gif

There's nothing wrong with the prequels' world building, aliens or action.
I disagree.
The locations weren’t as varied as the original trilogy, most just looked like Earth, the aliens lacked originality and the action was barely included. Great if you like politics or pod racing tho :-/

T8SC

I disagree.
The locations weren’t as varied as the original trilogy, most just looked like Earth, the aliens lacked originality and the action was barely included. Great if you like politics or pod racing tho :-/

Looked like earth?

visible-confusion.gif

Tattooine
Naboo
Kamino
Coruscant
Geonosis
Utapau
Mustafar

The OT had:

Yavin IV - Earth like
Hoth - Antarctic
Endor - Amazon rainforest
Death star - Amazon warehouse

Cloud City was original but we only really saw it inside, which is comparable to Coruscant.

I fail to see how the OT was more original, and I love the OT.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Lmao wut.

WW1 is one of the best cape flicks of all time. WW84 definitely was sub-par but still better than MoS / BvS / Suicide Squad 1 / etc.

I couldn't fimish it. Watched it with my wife, and we were both going "nope, not wasting our time on this".

I don't hate Disney, I hate what they did to the sequel trilogy, but Mandalorian is pretty good.

AJUMP23

Lmao wut.

I like Disney, just not what they have done with SW. their Marvel and parks are great.

I just have no desire to watch WW1 anymore. But I think Gal Gadot is lovely.

Razvedka

Banned
I think Disney is making so much money with Disney+ they are really scared about feature films now for Star Wars.
Having had the great misfortune of suffering through all of Disney's Star Wars films, Rogue One notwithstanding, I can appreciate their apprehension.

bitbydeath

Looked like earth?

visible-confusion.gif

Tattooine
Naboo
Kamino
Coruscant
Geonosis
Utapau
Mustafar

The OT had:

Yavin IV - Earth like
Hoth - Antarctic
Endor - Amazon rainforest
Death star - Amazon warehouse

Cloud City was original but we only really saw it inside, which is comparable to Coruscant.

I fail to see how the OT was more original, and I love the OT.
The original trilogy always brought something new to the table.

-At-ats
-Ewoks
-Jabba
-The thing they freeze Han in
-The pit monster

Etc

The prequels didn’t really bring anything memorable, they felt like fanfic riffing off the original content.

GOTG created worlds and it’s people far more interesting than any recent Star Wars movie.

Ionian

-At-ats
-Ewoks
-Jabba
-The pit monster

Etc

The prequels didn’t really bring anything memorable, they felt like fanfic riffing off the original content.

GOTG created worlds and it’s people far more interesting than any recent Star Wars movie.

I think the Slave-1 I had came with carbonite han. Was just plastic though. No figure in it.

They did realease one after as a figure that you could remove him from the carbonite, think it was 'The Power Of The Force' series when they released Vader and you could remove the helmet. I luckily got Yak-Face. Just thought he looked cool and worth more than either now. (No idea where it is, have a box of toys I've not looked at for a long long time. It's in a cupboard, far far away).

Well my bedroom and in a steel box.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Like many projects, this one is never gonna see the light of day. Probably for the best, I don't see how they can do the concept justice when they are just circling the OT with revisionist TV shows.

nush

They did realease one after as a figure that you could remove him from the carbonite, think it was 'The Power Of The Force' series when they released Vader and you could remove the helmet.

I had all of those last set of figures, just when I thought I had the whole set they released more. Shame I threw them all away. :messenger_crying:

Ionian

I had all of those last set of figures, just when I thought I had the whole set they released more. Shame I threw them all away. :messenger_crying:

Ah shit dude, they're worth a fortune now as was the last (old) line and kids weren't into them. Father had to drive me over the border to get them and I think they were a few pound a pop. Clearance prices, they were just clearing shelf space.

You binned a fortune. :(

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
These things happen.

While Wonder Woman 1984 was disappointing I thought the first was very good, and I have a feeling Disney is going to be keeping their directors on a tighter leash moving forward now that Feige is involved. So, cautiously optimistic.

ManaByte

These things happen.

While Wonder Woman 1984 was disappointing I thought the first was very good, and I have a feeling Disney is going to be keeping their directors on a tighter leash moving forward now that Feige is involved. So, cautiously optimistic.
Feige is only involved with the movie he’s working on, not all of Star Wars.

Ionian

Feige is only involved with the movie he’s working on, not all of Star Wars.

Had to look that up, had no idea he was involved at all.

I like Feige, knowing Disney though it could be a faint and might be Ashoka or Kenobi? Neither are films?

Either way, happy he's involved.

T8SC

-At-ats
-Ewoks
-Jabba
-The pit monster

Etc

Pod races.
Underwater city (Gungans).
Plenty of walkers and mech stuff in the battle on Geonosis.
Jarjar (Only because you said Ewoks).
Double-ended lightsabers.
Memes.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned

-At-ats
-Ewoks
-Jabba
-The pit monster

Etc

As much as I shit in the prequels I disagree completely. That was the least of their problems

AJUMP23

Yes the teddy bears who's toys were marketed so well that they became a household name even though the word is never mentioned in ROTJ.
They had the Ewok adventure on the ABC family movie. I watched it as a kid. I did not own any Ewok toys. We did have a tie fighter though.

ManaByte

They had the Ewok adventure on the ABC family movie. I watched it as a kid. I did not own any Ewok toys. We did have a tie fighter though.

That was the year after ROTJ released. Even before ROTJ hit theaters in May of 1983 people knew what the Ewoks were because Kenner did a big "Mystery Box" thing with the toys where the teddy bears were blacked out in toy catalogs before the movie and by the time people saw ROTJ in theaters they knew about the Ewoks. But the name is never spoken in the film.

AJUMP23

That was the year after ROTJ released. Even before ROTJ hit theaters in May of 1983 people knew what the Ewoks were because Kenner did a big "Mystery Box" thing with the toys where the teddy bears were blacked out in toy catalogs before the movie and by the time people saw ROTJ in theaters they knew about the Ewoks. But the name is never spoken in the film.
I did not have a TV in 1983, but I did go to the theater and watch ROTJ. It was a memorable experience. I didn't know about Ewoks, until I saw them on screen. But by 83, Lucas knew there was a lot of money in the toys so I am sure they had all sorts of toy promotions.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
ManaByte ManaByte what are your thoughts on the Old Republic movie rumors? They just seem like random articles on miscellaneous comic book/movie websites to me but you follow this stuff more closely.

Ionian

I did not have a TV in 1983, but I did go to the theater and watch ROTJ. It was a memorable experience. I didn't know about Ewoks, until I saw them on screen. But by 83, Lucas knew there was a lot of money in the toys so I am sure they had all sorts of toy promotions.

Took a year for me to get the Nien-num that you could get by sending in the cut-offs from the backing cards. Poxy thing came in a tiny white box with no backing card. Think I had to have it sent to Northern Ireland and another family brought it to me. Cool figure though. Destroyed so many backings to get it as well.

Think I still have a Lando from Jedi boxed but it's probably squashed under a mound of other crap I kept.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Availability has to be embraced whenever making a movie come into existence, I want to see the movie too.

I couldn't fimish it. Watched it with my wife, and we were both going "nope, not wasting our time on this".

I don't hate Disney, I hate what they did to the sequel trilogy, but Mandalorian is pretty good.
I like Disney, just not what they have done with SW. their Marvel and parks are great.

I just have no desire to watch WW1 anymore. But I think Gal Gadot is lovely.

Fair enough. Different strokes. Some of the vitriol I've seen aimed at Disney and Kathleen Kennedy is insane. It's hard to tell who just didn't like the ST (just as I can't stand the PT) or who just hates Disney.

And yes, Gal Gadot is most certainly lovely.

Happy Wonder Woman GIF

tkscz

I've never really been interested in the Star Wars movies themselves, the first three are good movies but not ones I watch regularly. But man I always have interest in all the drama that goes on behind the scenes. Like, for some reason Star Wars movies always have so much happening during production, it's crazy to hear about. Like this one thing with Patty can have so many rumors come off it. It's more entertaining than the movies to me.

Top Bottom