• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4060 Ti review thread

raduque

Well no, Hogwarts Legacy lacks RTAO and RT shadows. So "high" RT reflections, at 1440p target, with FSR 1, sub 30 fps. It's a poor experience on consoles too.

It's heavily CPU limited so really, with just a 2080 it's not telling. By that statement, a 3060 is exceeding your performance by far and that's odd.

But it's also one of the worst port of the year. 🤷‍♂️

How about Returnal? Plague tales requiem? Forza Horizon 5? Atomic Heart? Microsoft Flight sim? Spiderman?
Returnal's not my thing, I haven't played Requiem yet, FH5 runs amazing at max settings. Atomic Heart drops below 60 at max, I played MSFS for all of 5 minutes and didn't mess with the graphics or bench it, and I'm not going to play Spider Man.

The Callisto Protocol is another one I can point to, as when it launched it was awful, but I enjoyed it enough to keep playing till it got patched. Now I run it at high (maybe higher, I forget) and get a locked 60fps.

Edit: Forgot, I should add my specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
64gb DDR4-3200
MSI RTX 2080 Seahawk

Last edited:

Hydroxy

Damn this is worse than I thought. I assumed 4060Ti is 4060 in disguise but turns out its actually 4050Ti. So that means 4060 is actually a 4050 non ti. Imagine buying X50Ti card for $400

That's because that 2+ year old 6700 XT is currently 30-40% off. Any card can become good value if you discount it enough.

6700 XT even with the discounts still loses to the 4060 Ti perf/$ in RT though.
Should you even use ray tracing in this segment of GPUs?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I remeber when xx60 matched fucking xx80 cards from the previous gen... now a xx60ti who is better than a base xx60 card can't even match a fucking xx70 from a previous gen.

People who got MSRP 3060Ti and 3070s must hugging their GPUs like crazy.
Below MSRP 3080LHR hugging them even harder.

winjer

Gold Member
YR7Jf5r.png

supernova8

Banned
Glad that reviewers are shitting all over it. Hopefully they will shit all over the RX 7600, which also looks shit even at the hastily-adjusted MSRP of $269.

John Wick

It's better value than 3060 Ti and 3070 at their current market value.

Congrats, but some dudes argued the PS5 GPU was faster when it is not...
Did you really fall for that bait? A GPU released in 2023 at $400 isn't going to be faster than the PS5 GPU designed from about 2019?

Reallink

This thing costs like $100-$130 to produce, package, and ship to retailers. Meaning Nvidia making bank regardless of how poorly it sells.

nkarafo

8 GB isn't going to become obsolete over night. Nvidia will offer a 16 GB VRAM version for those who fear using 8 GB cards.

A 16 GB variant exists, people who fear 8 GB VRAM can buy that.
You do realize the 16GB version will cost 500$ right?

500$ for a 60 tier card that's almost at the same level of performance as the previous gen 3060ti?

Are you crazy dude? Sell your NVIDIA stocks mate and stop trying to defend this trainwreck.

lukilladog

Why are people even mentioning RT for this card? It can barely run modern titles without even getting to RT.

Who the f cares about RT on a 128bit 8GB card. Just stop it.

Even a 3050 can handle medium RT 40-60 in most games... some have very optimized RT like Doom eternal, Metro Exodus Enhanced, and the crysis 2 and 3 remasters, 60fps easy on those.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It's better value than 3060 Ti and 3070 at their current market value.
Try getting a 6700 XT then, in newer games the VRAM limitations of those Nvidia cards put them on par or below the AMD card. Also it's like 30% cheaper and have 4 GB of additional VRAM, I can play at 4K most of the time without issues.

I can't see why any sane person who just wants to play games, build a pc where the GPU alone is the same or more expensive than a PS5!!

4060ti with 8GB vram cost the same as ps5 is insane.

I was and always have been a PC gamer, but it's ridiculously expensive now!!
How do Valorant, LoL and 7th gen games run on PS5?

DragonNCM

8GB trash card for 300$ to play on 1080P & you can't even max out games, jokers at NVIDA think we are fools.
I'll stay with my 1660Ti another year.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
AMD-RADEON-RX-7600-3.jpg

At best an RTX 3070.

Atleast its under 300 bucks, but still not a good look for the gen when 6700s and 6750s are still in stock.

Intel save us with their 400 dollar RTX 3080.

winjer

Gold Member
AMD-RADEON-RX-7600-3.jpg

At best an RTX 3070.

Atleast its under 300 bucks, but still not a good look for the gen when 6700s and 6750s are still in stock.

Intel save us with their 400 dollar RTX 3080.

With a 29% performance over the 6600, places it slightly above the 6650XT. Maybe near the 6700 non-XT.
Considering that the 6650Xt already sells for around 250$, it's not good value for a 270$ card.
The 7600 also has a Total Board Power of 165W. That is just 11W lower than the 6650XT.

Last edited:

hinch7

8GB trash card for 300$ to play on 1080P & you can't even max out games, jokers at NVIDA think we are fools.
Its $400. Its $300 for the non Ti. I'd say its an okay card for this performance if it were priced at $300 and what it should be at.

Last edited:
With a 29% performance over the 6600, places it slightly above the 6650XT. Maybe near the 6700 non-XT.
Considering that the 6650Xt already sells for around 250$, it's not good value for a 270$ card.
The 7600 also has a Total Board Power of 165W. That is just 11W lower than the 6650XT.

Nvidia must really enjoy their cards not dropping in price quite like AMD's. A new 3070 still sells around its RRP of $500 so it allows for folk to point out how good of a deal the 4060ti must actually be given its $100 less for similar performance. If the 6650XT was still at $399 then the 7600 would look decent at $270, but as you point out its not at that price anymore. All discounting RDNA2 seems to have done is make incoming RDNA3 cards DOA instead of actually increasing sales :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Lol, I still have a 1660 Ti and i can't stand it. Why not upgrade too 4070 Ti or 4080? You waiting for a 5090?

Last edited:

Leonidas

It costs the same as a PS5. It should handedly outperform it.
And it does handily outperform it, but there are some people who thought it doesn't...

Should you even use ray tracing in this segment of GPUs?
Yes, this is 2080 Ti/3070 level of RT performance at 1080p/1440p.

Nvidia cards have had mid-range GPUs that were capable of a good RT experience since 2020.

You do realize the 16GB version will cost 500$ right?

500$ for a 60 tier card that's almost at the same level of performance as the previous gen 3060ti?

Are you crazy dude? Sell your NVIDIA stocks mate and stop trying to defend this trainwreck.
I merely mentioned it's existence, and this is your response? What's your problem :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Try getting a 6700 XT then, in newer games the VRAM limitations of those Nvidia cards put them on par or below the AMD card.
I like RT. I went with a GPU that has ~90% more RT performance than the 6700 XT, while using less power. I also would never buy a nearly 3-year old GPU.

Nvidia are going to slap a big 'DO NOT BUY FOR RESOLUTIONS OVER 1080' on the box of these things, right? Right?
The GPU seems fine at 1440p too, Techpowerup showed only 4% drop-off vs. 3070.

$400 for 1080p in 2023 is insane, friend. That's 1440p territory. And the fact that the 4060 Ti loses to the 3060 Ti in any situation is equally insane.
The card seems fine for 1440p too, only a few percent worse on average vs. the 3070. I didn't know how the card would fair at 1440p before it launched so I couldn't say I expected how it turned out at that resolution too...

People jump on me? For what? I never recommended anyone buy this card. I simply said what it was.

Last edited:
Waiting Nvidia & AMD to come down from the clouds with their retarded prices.....I refuse to spend 500$ on GPU only, the price of fucking console.
Honestly dude just stick with console gaming then. You won't be getting anything good for $500 or less with a GPU. I am pretty positive that the 5000s series won't be much cheaper anyways.

AMD prices are actually good. The 7900XTX is way less cheaper than a 4090 RTX and has pretty solid benchmarks.

Why don't you get the Intel ARC? It's a really solid GPU for its price. If you want 4K and RT then yeah, you have to pay a premium for that. Lol.

Last edited:

Marlenus

Wasn't meant for you, I was simply pointing out that PS5 is now low end GPU performance, some people don't want to accept that fact. Not you, but some other people on this forum :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

They aren't basically the same, 4060 Ti is faster in both raster and RT.

Until you start doing decompression on the GPU cores to make up for the dedicated units the PS5 has, then it will probably be a lot closer.

EDIT: Or you run out of VRAM and have the textures swap to the super low LOD versions making it look like something vomited on your screen.

Last edited:

Fredrik

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, just let the money sit another year on the stock and jump in at the next serie instead - stock has gone up over 100% this year 🥳

DragonNCM

Honestly dude just stick with console gaming then. You won't be getting anything good for $500 or less with a GPU. I am pretty positive that the 5000s series won't be much cheaper anyways.

AMD prices are actually good. The 7900XTX is way less cheaper than a 4090 RTX and has pretty solid benchmarks.

Why don't you get the Intel ARC? It's a really solid GPU for its price. If you want 4K and RT then yeah, you have to pay a premium for that. Lol.
Price in my book for mid range GPU is 250-300$ & that was last 20 years I'll wait till that price.,

Top Bottom