• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Marvel considering adding Kingpin in Spider-Man: Homecoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin-1435660946.gif

I wonder how many times this can happen before the buzz from the actors and audience gets loud enough for Marvel to get the picture.

This is something that the majority of MCU fans want but they don't seem to be listening.
Thats what i am hoping, especially with the actors now coming out and complaining about it, that's the sort of thing that starts gaining traction from the fans.

gatti-man

The reason most of the tv people don't get in the movies is they aren't that great of actors. Daredevil is a great example. Most of the people in that show are snooze town.

However Vincent's energy and focus could totally transfer to movies. I'd love his kingpin in Spider-Man.

Anung

Un Rama
Spidey_XCU.0.gif

"Kingpin? You look more like a bowling ball, buddy"

netflix-daredevil-analysis-3.gif

"How...dare you *stares intensely* mock me...bug. Don't you know who I am?"

"The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?! I loved you in that old Ghostbusters movie dude! You've put on weight."

kingpin-1435660946.gif

A man can dream ;_;

Shit or get off the pot really. There's lots of MCU characters they could be using on TV, and visa versa. Zero point in taking the lengths to create a Cinematic Universe if it's not linked in any way whatsoever.

Zekes!

Even if the Kingpin showed up, I think Daredevil would have to have some kind of cameo as well because of how much they tied the two together in the show

which would be dope as fuck

The reason most of the tv people don't get in the movies is they aren't that great of actors. Daredevil is a great example. Most of the people in that show are snooze town.

However Vincent's energy and focus could totally transfer to movies. I'd love his kingpin in Spider-Man.

You really trying to say Charlie Cox is a bad actor?

Not sure what you're pulling here its not like they're trying to get minor characters into the movies. It's the heroes and villains people want.

He runs circles around Hemsworth. Concentric circles. No idea how that guy got star billing.

SRG01

Could we also have some Jessica Jones crossover into Spiderman as well? I know the age difference doesn't make it the same as in 616/Prime anymore, but they should still attempt to make a cameo or something :D

Permanently A

Could we also have some Jessica Jones crossover into Spiderman as well? I know the age difference doesn't make it the same as in 616/Prime anymore, but they should still attempt to make a cameo or something :D

I don't think they would put Jessica Jones ANYWHERE in the MCU. Her series is way too not kid friendly compared to the PG-13 MCU.

cr0w

Old Member
Keep Kingpin on the show. If they translate him to the movies, his arc will basically be:

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Wilson Fisk has breakfast in prison, orders associate to keep tabs on Spider-Man. 25-second cameo.

5 movies later, Wilson has lunch.

7 movies later, Wilson reads the paper.

13 movies later, Wilson stands up, grabs his spork, says, "I'll do it myself."

10 movies later, Kingpin is out of prison, orders lunch.

2036: Spider-Man: The Sinister Six (three of which we added at the last minute).

2037: Spider-Man reboot.

It would be hilarious to see Jessica Jones as a tongue-in-cheek, knowing cameo as one of those people who drop by high schools as recovering alcoholics, except she still drinks, and she knocks over all the lockers in a hallway then jumps out the window for her getaway.

As I recall Feige commented a while back about connecting the shows with the movies and how someone like D'onofrio's COULD show up in Spider-man, but it just seemed like a hypothetical he just threw out there. I figured that's where this rumor came from.

The Hermit

That would be amazing!

Yes.

If they are smart enough I know they can pull it of without changing his characterization in DD.

It definitely feels like Marvel wants to keep this separation with their tv and movie stuff. The way the stuff from the movies is only vaguely referenced in Daredevil, the way they talk about "the event" makes me think they are never going to go all in. They are so different tonaly too.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I would love it if he was pulling the strings in the background of whatever shenanigans are going on in Homecoming, instead of being a major villain.

I'd also love to see Tombstone, Hammerhead, and the Enforcers in a Spider-Man movie.

Falchion

That would be pretty sweet. He's so uptight and brooding and Spider-Man is fun and loose. Would be a fun dynamic.

The more I thought about it the more it wouldn't work. Tonally the Netflix and Movies are miles apart. And there's no way Sony are going to let Marvel make a movie that has a required viewing of two seasons of R-rated TV.
What, Kingpin can easily just show up with little explanation. He's a powerful crime lord, that's it, you aren't "required" to watch DD to understand that.

The comics always do stuff like this, characters can easily cross over between books with completely different tones and stay true to themselves. If you happen to like a character you can always read up on their book to get more of them but it absolutely isn't required to do that to understand the book they show up in.

Kingpin doesn't need to explicitly cut off a guys head in a movie, he could throw people out a skyscraper window to get across that same anger and brutality without the gore.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Hope this happens. TBH, the Marvel TV universe has had three villains(if you count Punisher) that are better then anything I have seen in any of the films.

D"Onofrio would be a great addition.

One of those three is Ward, right?

Only half joking

Goliath

Spider-Man also got kicked and tossed around by Cap and thrown out of a window by a robot bird.

Also, word is the the Vulture will be a villain in Homecoming, the old man in a wing suit. I mean, isn't Spidey's rogue gallery full of villains who are weaker than him? Isn't that why 6 of them had to team up just to take him on? People have said they wanted Mysterio and Kraven as villains in the films, why bother if they only thing people care about are power levels?

They established a pretty physically weak Kingpin on Netflix. Kingpin almost has superhuman strength, actually he might actually have close to that. He takes punches from Spiderman in the comics and gives them back just as hard. Because Daredevil is more grounded and he has no super strength they both go at eachother and seem to be equals in terms of strength.

As for Spiderman's rogue gallery, you're talking about people like Doc Ock with antimantium arms, Electro with electric powers, Green Goblin and Kraven that are juiced up, Vulture relies on equipment, Rhino super strength, Sandman powers and Venom. None of these guys are slouches. This isn't Batman, if your gonna convince people Spiderman is in danger his enemies can't appear weak or knocked out in a punch.

People like this actor's Kingpin? I picture Kingpin as much larger and more intimidating. Private Pyle kind of takes me out of Daredevil any time I see him.

Note, I'm only about 4 episodes into season 1. Does he get better?

People like this actor's Kingpin? I picture Kingpin as much larger and more intimidating. Private Pyle kind of takes me out of Daredevil any time I see him.

Note, I'm only about 4 episodes into season 1. Does he get better?

I mean you could make kingpin as large as he is in the comics but then you're getting into cgi character territory lol, I can't think of a better actor with a more imposing figure and look. I think he's amazing in the role. Hes just not Kingpin yet. DD S1 is just his origin story.

I mean you could make kingpin as large as he is in the comics but then you're getting into cgi character territory lol, I can't think of a better actor with a more imposing figure and look. I think he's amazing in the role. Hes just not Kingpin yet. DD S1 is just his origin story.

Michael Clark Duncan's Black Kingpin was good in the physically intimidating aspect. I can't remember the D.D. movie well enough to say if he actually did a good job acting the part.

Slayven

That's interesting. Why do you think young spider-man is so bad? What advantages does adult spider-man have?

dealing with grownass shit, real relationships instead of puppylove, having a real job and being a legit peer in the superhero community . 99% of his history is him being an adult.

gatti-man

You really trying to say Charlie Cox is a bad actor?

Not sure what you're pulling here its not like they're trying to get minor characters into the movies. It's the heroes and villains people want.

He's a total snooze. I couldn't even get through the first season of daredevil. 2nd season was so so much better because why? Less Daredevil.

diaspora

dealing with grownass shit, real relationships instead of puppylove, having a real job and being a legit peer in the superhero community . 99% of his history is him being an adult.

you're good people.

Sending him to Horizon Labs as a scientist, even if temporarily to develop new Spider tech was so good.

diaspora

Hell when he was a teacher at a school was a good period. But yeah Peter was born to work at a Startup

The teacher period was a mixed bag in that the teacher stuff was good being able to work with kids, the relationship stuff was junk imo. A start-up post Parker Industries is a great idea actually.
Maybe he can have his own incubator :p

edit: Peter standing up to Osborn and going I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA doesn't have much impact when the guy's 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom