• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next MAD MAX film to start filming later this year in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a prequel means we get Max in his Interceptor then I'm down. Why are people saying to continue the story? What story? It's Mad Max. There's never been a story line between them.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Oh shit they are going back to the great outback? Im surprised since fury road wasnt filmed in australia.
Max actually grew up with Furiousa. Aka, Maxine.

The true sequel.
But Furiosa is implied to not be australian and or maybe even american.
If a prequel means we get Max in his Interceptor then I'm down. Why are people saying to continue the story? What story? It's Mad Max. There's never been a story line between them.
Eh the comics imply that the movies are different points in his life with the first being his backstory.

Kinyou

Furiosa and Max appearing in a prequel would be pretty weird. Solely focusing on Furiosa would make more sense.

In my fuckin veins. Don't want a furiosa prequel though tbh. Hopefully this is the wasteland instead and they find a clever way of bringing back furiosa if she must be in it

Bringing beast mode gibson back would give me a heart attack

mjc

I don't buy it, the prequel talk doesn't sync with what they're saying about character spotlights.

diaspora

I don't know if this an actual prequel based on the article. It can focus on backstories while also moving forward chronologically.

ezekial45

Banned
Wait, so this prequel will focus on BOTH characters? I'm confused. I thought this one was supposed to be about Max, while another movie would focus on Furiosa.

I don't know if this an actual prequel based on the article. It can focus on backstories while also moving forward chronologically.

That may likely be the case. Anyways timelines don't mean shit in these movies aside from fury road being furiosas ending.

Simo

This disqualifies the entire article because this turned out to be a huge pile of bullshit..

No it wasn't. They both went on record saying they had issues with each other and how difficult it was, with Hardy stressing he had a hard time because he didn't "get" Max and later apologized to Miller. Theron was just miserable to deal with and didn't want to be there.

She even stressed prior to the film's release that she wouldn't be too keen on coming back and she had no contractual obligation to do so....but once the film was released and won 6 Oscars her attitude and thoughts on a follow up did a 180. lol

diaspora

Wait, so this prequel will focus on BOTH characters? I'm confused. I thought this one was supposed to be about Max, while another movie would focus on Furiosa.

It supposed to focus on the characters' backstories but... I don't think anything about a "prequel" being confirmed.

JJD

Miller, Hardy and Theron to return. Rumor originates from Page 13 in the Herald Sun times. The "Exclusive" article is behind a subscription pay wall but madmaxmovies.com have the write up:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ma...3/news-story/f429aee32458125286de781ea6f40a31

It's no secret Miller has 2 more Mad Max scripts with one being a Furiosa prequel, which is finished and likely this one being made. The other is focused on Max and is said to much more "bleaker".

I thought the Herald Sun was a good source but I've heard Page 13 is a bit more of a gossip column than anything so I don't know how accurate this news obviously is which is why I labeled it as a rumor and we'll never know until the studio announces otherwise? Still we just did get that B&W and new boxset announcement this week...

YES!!!

Furiosa was great but honestly, I don't really care for her. I want more Max, and more of the interceptor!!!

The last 3 MM movies barely had the interceptor... :-(

D i Z

Yeah, I could go for another round. It'll probably be a journey of development for George, and might be a while before he feels that he's ready to release it. So hitting the ground running with FR fresh in everyone's minds might provide some comfortable buffers from nervous interventions and prying about his production.

Simo

Regarding a quick shoot date and location: John Seale and Mark Sexton, the cinematographer and story board artist for Fury Road, have both been offering updates on the 2 scripts as recent as last month where Mark said the Furiosa script was finished and would span "over many years".

Broken Hill could work if it's reverted back to a desert and was originally where Fury Road was going to be filmed in 2010 but the rains came and the location became a meadow. At the time though they still spent 2 years or so by importing and building all the cars, building a road and testing everything to the limits so that when cameras rolled in 2011 they'd be ready. The problem was by the end of 2011 Broken Hill was still unusable and the decision came to Miller and WB to either scrap the project and the $70-100+ million already spent or go for broke and upheave everything and move the production to Namibia and begin shooting in 2012.

Surfinn

Please tell me this is true. Fury Road was one of the very best experiences I've ever had in a theater. I'm not even into cars at all and I wanted to drive a flamethrower monster truck 100MPH on the freeway when I walked out.

Furiosa was an excellent character too. Glad to hear they're both coming back (if true).

I'm all for more Mad Max movies. A Furiosa prequel focusing on her backstory though...ehhh. Although I hear the comics elaborated on it, I preferred filling in that blank myself.

If this is a prequel there is no way for Max and Furiosa to know each other or be in the same place without it coming off as terrible, unless they're two separate stories going on simultaneously...which still sounds awful

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt WB will be throwing another 200+ million into this. Certainly not in their current state.

Prequels can work in theory, but I don't get the point of going back in time before Fury Road and focusing on Furiosa..if you're going to keep her as a character you should set it after the events of Fury Road IMO

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

I thought they said there was never going to be another MAD MAX movie

Miller never said that, a reporter misunderstood him and said he wouldn't do a another Mad Max movie again, which is false as Miller clarified he would do it.

Simo

Miller never said that, a reporter misunderstood him and said he wouldn't do a another Mad Max movie again, which is false as Miller clarified he would do it.

Miller was bouncing off the walls and revving to go on more Mad Max movies just as Fury Road was released. lol The end product seemed to really fire him up to make the others.

Really hope it's not a prequel.

Don't want to go back to a savage Max, and the hoops to put him and Furiosa together before Fury Road...

Cosmozone

Wah, all this talk about prequels and Furiosas make me super-nervous about the outcome. I was such a fan about the concept of each film telling a different story with Max as the only common factor. I'll have to trust Miller on this. No way it's gonna top Fury Road, due to less novelty in the world building alone. But do it anyway. Pleeease!

Boney

Banned
Praise jebus

Please let the his be true before Miller can retire since he's one of the few that can show wb the middle finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom