• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next MAD MAX film to start filming later this year in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheXbox

Is Mad Max really in garanteed sequel territory? Like, Fury Road did alright - pretty good, even, for an R-rated movie. But it wasn't a BO monster or anything.

I could see WB extorting Miller into directing some DC schlock in exchange for a Mad Max sequel.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is Mad Max really in garanteed sequel territory? Like, Fury Road did alright - pretty good, even, for an R-rated movie. But it wasn't a BO monster or anything.

I could see WB extorting Miller into directing some DC schlock in exchange for a Mad Max sequel.
DC sounds worse than the happy feet films.

How the fuck do you do a prequel with both Max and Furiosa?

This disqualifies the entire article because this turned out to be a huge pile of bullshit.

Random unknown website comes with miraculous Mad Max news, just a day after the Black & Chrome edition of Fury Road is announced. Sounds legit.

Herald sun is one of Australia's leading newspapers. It's not some random website. Miller, and the series in general are Australian so it's not that crazy for them to have this scoop. Do some research before making these kind of statements next time.

I could see them doing that, and/or trying to lower the budget & make it PG-13. Real being real, Fury Road didn't need to be R at all.

They can easily top it.

We'll see about that one b

Wouldn't it just be called Furiosa?

I'd be more interested in just seeing a one-off story with either one. I thought the schtick is you're seeing a version of mythology.

Boney

Banned
I could see them doing that, and/or trying to lower the budget & make it PG-13. Real being real, Fury Road didn't need to be R at all.

We'll see about that one b
Could they have gotten away with ripping out Joe's jaw and showing it in pg13? What about the c section with the fetus.

I think it's way too soon to be making another Mad Max.

It won't be released for years if they are just starting filming.

It was critically acclaimed and won Oscars.

Aiustis

It doesn't need to top it on a spectacle level (Thunder-sandstorm), but just taking place in that new dystopia with new car stunts and character action/drama would be enough.

I would still like it if it didn't top it, but Fury Road did something for me that only a few films have ever done. I consider it close to perfection. It was normally not something I would have ever watched and I left the theater feeling like..."This is beautiful"

I want to feel like that again.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm all for it, but I not sure how will they cram Furiosa and Mad Max in a prequel. They don't know each other in Fury Road.

I think it's way too soon to be making another Mad Max.

Don't worry. If they start working on it now, it will come out in 10 years. :D

I want to see that bleak Max one they have, but hell, I'll see anything Miller gives us

My guess is the Furiosa prequel thing won't have Max at all though, even if it's named "Mad Max" it's just a brand now

You know, a split story with no relation and connection between the two in one film united by theme and imagery alone could be a very neat idea in the right hands (i.e. Miller's).

I really, really need to watch Fury Road.

I hear it's rather good.

Just know that it's a brilliant example in filmmaking, storytelling and world building while being as subtle or as loud as it needs to be at just the right times.

What I mean is, don't expect dialog or exposition to tell the story.

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't think Miller is going to try to top Fury Road. I'm betting this turns out to be a very different movie.

Instead of bringing back furiosa Charlize should just play a different character. Her with her blonde hair (or a different look) would be enough

Only the nitpickers would care really.

I'm not interested in them bringing back old characters either, aside from max obviously.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WB likes Oscars, & Fury Road is basically best case scenario for starting a big franchise again

WB, read my lips: "N. O."

"But we need a cinematic unive--"

"NO. If George Miller dies, Mad Max dies with him. Repeat after me: We won't do a universe for Mad Max and compromise his vision."

What no! Why would they bring Furiosa back?

I'm not one of those "ahh get the woman out of my Mad Max movie!' people but Furiosa's arc works WAY better on its own. If they just bring Max and Furiosa back it totally ruins Fury Roads ending.

What no! Why would they bring Furiosa back?

I'm not one of those "ahh get the woman out of my Mad Max movie!' people but Furiosa's arc works WAY better on its own. If they just bring Max and Furiosa back it totally ruins Fury Roads ending.

Can't help but agree with this. In fact, I'd rather take a Furiosa only movie with no Max than another with both of them since that doesn't really make sense.

Instead of bringing back furiosa Charlize should just play a different character. Her with her blonde hair (or a different look) would be enough

Only the nitpickers would care really.

I'm not interested in them bringing back old characters either, aside from max obviously.
And bring back Hugh Keays-Byrne as another new character (for the second time).

Geist-

Yes! I could have sworn I saw some news after Mad Max Fury Road that George Miller wasn't going to do another one, but if this is true, fuck yes. I'll never get enough of Hardy's Max.

Skab

I'm 100% in on any future Mad Max movies, but I have to wonder what a prequel about Furiosa would even be about? It was already explained in FR, was it not?

firelogic

I can't fathom how they'd top Fury Road. An extended chase was the perfect backdrop for a car showcase/action spectacle. I don't know how they can maintain the same "high-octane" nonstop action with any other background, but that's why I'm not a Hollywood screenwriter, so I hope to be impressed.

It'll be a different movie. It doesn't have to be another Fury Road with non-stop action.

Poona

Random unknown website comes with miraculous Mad Max news, just a day after the Black & Chrome edition of Fury Road is announced. Sounds legit.

Herald Sun isn't some random unknown. It's one of the main newspapers (the other being The Age) that sell in Melbourne, Australia each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom