• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Shinobi says Sony currently has multiple big games from first party teams scheduled for 2025

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'll be waiting for you on concord 😘
team america vomit GIF

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I bet we get Marathon before Fairgames. Haven was created in 2021. Five years going from studio formation to full game release feels a bit rushed.
Marathon is definitely 2025 also, forgot that.

Fairgames, who knows. But I think they had stuff to show off even when they got purchased. It got revealed in the same manner as Concord, at the same time, and is getting another year minimum. Who knows.

Only thing I can think that has been announced and has a launch date or year window are Astro Bot, Concord, and Death Stranding 2. Things like The Last of Us 3, Horizon 3, Ghost of Tsushima 2, anything God of War are all a given but we don't have anything information about those. Bungie is doing its own thing with Destiny 2 close to its final days and Marathon. Other Playstation Studios titles from different studios are a mystery.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Marathon is definitely 2025 also, forgot that.

Fairgames, who knows. But I think they had stuff to show off even when they got purchased. It got revealed in the same manner as Concord, at the same time, and is getting another year minimum. Who knows.

Firewalk, the studio making Concord, was founded in 2018. That's a 7 year formation to first release span.

Haven was founded in 2021. A 7 year formation to first release would put Fairgames in 2027.

Every game is obviously different but I wouldn't hold my breath on 2025 for Fairgames.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Ouch. None of which are new. Just extra levels for existing games and a Spider-Man ~ Wolverine total conversion mod.
Not that I’m keen on entering the silly console war argument, but how many of those announced MS games were new? COD? GOW? Fable? Perfect Dark? Doom? Flight Sim? Diablo? WOW?

They could be new to you because you are 12 or something.

simpatico

Not that I’m keen on entering the silly console war argument, but how many of those announced MS games were new? COD? GOW? Fable? Perfect Dark? Doom? Flight Sim? Diablo? WOW?

They could be new to you because you are 12 or something.
Oh MS was not much better. I’d classify COD, Doom, Flight Sim, Diablo and WoW as the same. Possibly Gears, we will see how much they evolve the gameplay on it.

The problem is not a Sony exclusive. Its industry wide in the AAA space.

Sorry i should have been more precise, anemic in terms of big first parties, you know, the stuff i expect to play on ps5

The only big first party in the list (i'm gonna ignore the fact that it was a woke agenda infested shit sequel)
A gaas game not made by a sony first party
A squaresoft game
A team ninja game
A korean game not made by a sony first party
A game that is an insult to call remake since it looks 99% like the original one but in 4k, if we consider that shit big then it's joever.

I need to see something from the usual suspects like nd, sucker punch, bend, santa monica etc.

The child blamer is just saying what we all know, 2025 should be the year of the big sony games, at least for a couple of them.
Exclusives are exclusives. Nobody during the PS2 generation was clarifying that GTA 3 or MGS3 didn't count because they weren't developed by Playstation. A game like FF7 Rebirth, possible front runner for GOTY, is more exclusive than any current Xbox game. Same with Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, which Playstation all published and helped fund. None of Sony's first party studios are reportedly behind where they should be. Just like the PS4 had light years with big first party titles, 2024 is similar. But It is certainly PS5's best year in terms of exclusives, and I don't even think it is debatable.

And I obviously would enjoy a big showcase from Sony showing all their games for the next 2-3 years like Microsoft did, but it is just not how they operate anymore. It sucks for us, but there is no reason to be dour on the upcoming years for Sony's first party studios

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Ah.....ok. Looks like two different posts. One two hours ago was a clarification of the first.

May 3rd

a7g9cnN.png

Today

N1VIhq4.png
Yeah that's the point. Like it seems like it's a bit 'don't worry I meant sonys big studios'.

Not fussed, just dislike this guy

Robb

Gold Member
Hopefully it’ll be something interesting. I have zero faith in Fairgame$ and less and less confidence in Insomniac for each new release..

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah that's the point. Like it seems like it's a bit 'don't worry I meant sonys big studios'.

Not fussed, just dislike this guy

I get what you are saying now. The timing/dates of the posts is what confused me.

Last edited:

schaft0620

The guy is a fake leaker but what nobody is taking about is Venom is on the Insomnaic roadmap for 2025. Sony themselves said they want to release 2 big games a year.
Slated for 2025:
Death Stranding
Marathon
Venom
MLB

That is what they are doing in 2025 from first party. one or two of them probably get delayed, they have no interest in going against the huge slate of AAA 3rd party games coming in 2025 including Grand Theft Auto 6.

He probably assumes GoT 2 but if that was coming next year they would have already had their first trailer. They don't want to put their big games anywhere near GTA6, it will be the following year.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
We've talked about this a million times, that's how the schedule lines up.

Most of Sony's big studios released a game this gen or the tail end of PS4 in 2020. It takes 4-5 years to make a game. Yes, they majorly screwed up the schedule in 2024, but that doesn't mean they haven't been putting out games.

Nobody has ever explained to me why it is so important that only Sony first party games count.

Santa Monica released a game in 2022 and a major *free* DLC for that game in 2023, like realistically what do you expect?
That's why i said last 2 years.

So nobody explained to you why sony first parties are important in a sony console? (Sorry if i sound too snarky)

You never know what timed exclusives or collaborations like sb and hd2 you are gonna get when you buy a ps5, the only thing sure are the first parties, that is the main reason why i buy a ps5, not sure how first party games are not important anymore just because sony didn't had almost nothing to show for the past 2 years.

They are still the main reason why i still have a ps5 at home.

Last edited:

midnightAI

That's why i said last 2 years.

So nobody explained to you why sony first parties are important in a sony console?

You never know what timed exclusives or collaborations like sb and hd2 you are gonna get when you buy a ps5, the only thing sure are the first parties, that is the main reason why i buy a ps5, not sure how first party games are not important anymore just because sony didn't had almost nothing to show for the past 2 years.

They are still the main reason why i still have a ps5 at home.
He said why 'only' Sony first parties count. Which is correct, I personally play more than just Sony's first party games each year, so when a list breaks out of only the first party games it's a little reductionist as that's not the whole list of games you can play.

Are Sony's first party games important? You bet they are, but equally important is strong third party releases whether exclusive or not.

They can even have a year off with no first party games, I won't care as I know they'll be coming, in the meantime I'll use my PS5 to play other games.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
He said why 'only' Sony first parties count. Which is correct, I personally play more than just Sony's first party games each year, so when a list breaks out of only the first party games it's a little reductionist as that's not the whole list of games you can play.

Are Sony's first party games important? You bet they are, but equally important is strong third party releases whether exclusive or not.
They are the most important thing for many people, yes.

For years this forum fought about the importance of having strong first parties when both consoles were getting most of the multyplatforms titltes in the eternal battle between ps and xbox, but now they count less than third parties, timed exclusives and collaborations apparently.

It's one or the other, you can't weaponize first parties just when it's convenient, they are always a big part of what make or break a console, it was the same in the past and nothing has changed.

Last edited:

midnightAI

They are the most important thing for many people, yes.

For years this forum fought about the importance of having strong first parties when both consoles were getting most of the multyplatforms titltes in the eternal battle between ps and xbox, but now they count less than third parties, timed exclusives and collaborations apparently.

It's one or the other, you can't weaponize first parties just when it's convenient, they are always a big part of what make or break a console, it was the same in the past and nothing has changed.
Oh I agree, I'm just saying when list wars come out we are reduced to just first parties as though those are the only games that exist but we play many more games on our consoles than just those. First party games are still why we buy said consoles, but for me it isn't the quantity of first party games it's the quality and in between releases I am very happy to play third party games.

Fbh

DS2
That Ubisoft-like GaaS
Horizon 1 Remake
Spiderman 2 DL....I mean Venom

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

Death Stranding 2 will be cool though

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Oh I agree, I'm just saying when list wars come out we are reduced to just first parties as though those are the only games that exist but we play many more games on our consoles than just those. First party games are still why we buy said consoles, but for me it isn't the quantity of first party games it's the quality and in between releases I am very happy to play third party games.
My perception warped when i added a gaming pc to my arsenal, right now first parties are even more important than before for me because they are almost exclusively why i still keep a console at home.

Last 8 months exclusive content:
- Spiderman 2
- Helldivers 2
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin
- Stellar Blade
- TLOU2 Remastered

I swear if Sony hadn't packed all the content in the first few months of the year this narrative of a slow 2024 wouldn't be getting so much steam.

It's crazy the narrative that's going around over MS releasing a bunch of trailers. Meanwhile having released nothing all year. I guess you can count Palworld.

Top Bottom