• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Street Fighter 4 In The Works???

Tain

Plus, in 2i, you needed to differentiate between high and low to parry even in the air.

...Not that I've played 2i.

Anyanka

One thing 2I had over 3S was much better stages. They actually had some life to them.

I am pissed at Nuby for the awful SFA controller. How could you make a pad specifically for SF and have such a weak Dpad? I also can't do EX moves consistently with those cheap buttons. I talked to their tech support and they said it was just mine that was broken and I could return it but I don't buy it. I've seen far too many people complaining.

Has anyone tried the Dreambox convervter? I just ordered one. I just can't use the Xbox pad anymore. Pressing the white and black buttons over and over is uncomfortable and it's hard to do Punch EX moves. Yang's EX slashes come out like, 25% of the time. I don't understand why you can't use the triggers for PPP and KKK like you can in PS2.

LakeEarth

Haha, time to break my promise...

About the Nuby Street Fighter controller, you are not wrong. You can't do EX moves more than 25% of the time, even if you use two fingers at the same time to press both buttons (or even if you try all three at once, which is what you're supposed to for EX moves anyways). And the D-Pad is SHIT! I actually got used to it and was pulling off 360's and shit off that piece of shit suprisingly, but then the D-Pad broke after only 2 fucking months (it registers down when you hit left sometimes). So yeah, it's garbage, which is why I'm looking into arcade sticks now.

Oh, and here's that Urien/Necro obliteration I told you about earlier.
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DW5JQ3FTRO8327KCPHO4PU3OH

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You need the Japanese Saturn pad. ALways was and always will be the best 2d fighter pad made.

The throwing system, parrying system, etc. are all better in 3rd Strike, the music, too. Easily the best music for a fighting game ever made, I have never turned the music off and have played several THOUSAND hours of 3S.

LakeEarth

AlteredBeast said:
Easily the best music for a fighting game ever made, I have never turned the music off and have played several THOUSAND hours of 3S.
One exception.

"BEAT THE BEAT THE BEAT BEAT THE BEAT THE BEAT BEAT THE BEAT THE BEAT, BEAT IN MY HEEEAAADDD, BEEAT THE BEEATAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

That was annoying from day one.

EDIT - are Saturn D-Pads hard to find? Which converter would work with it without any lagging?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Saturn Pads are easy if you have any local game shops in your town. I`m not talking EB or anything.

Now, Elena`s stage is annyoing, and one of the mixes of the Chun stage gets me angry as well, but the rest (overall) are aural sex.

I have never played 3S on XBox, I have been in Peru for a year and a half fwiw. When Iget back, I will buy it if it still works for XBL, something I need.

SF3S online. I am in heaven.

Anyanka

The 3S soundtrack has really grown on me. I love how the music gets more intense as the fight goes on. Like in Ryu's stage how it's those drums but then adds the guiter. Like everything about 3S's presentation is cool.

I am so dissapointed in that controller. I can do kick EX moves but the punch one just won't come out. Even on the regular Xbox pad. I try hitting X and the trigger or X & Y and neither works all the time. "Sometimes" doesn't cut it, I need the EX slashes as Yang. I'd rather use meter on slashes than his actual supers.

I've read the Magic Box works with the Saturn pad without lag. I like that controller, but actually like the Dual shock more. The 6 button layout works great with a stick but not so much with a pad. 4 face buttons and the 2 shoulder buttons(not triggers!) works better to me.

Ferrio

Banned
LakeEarth said:
One exception.

"BEAT THE BEAT THE BEAT BEAT THE BEAT THE BEAT BEAT THE BEAT THE BEAT, BEAT IN MY HEEEAAADDD, BEEAT THE BEEATAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

That was annoying from day one.

EDIT - are Saturn D-Pads hard to find? Which converter would work with it without any lagging?

I'd have to disagree. SF3:3rd is one of the weakess fighting soundtracks I've heard. Maybe it's taste, but none of it sticks. Hell the only song that I really ever connect is elena's that you are complaining about.

LakeEarth

Yeah the Q song is great, too bad you rarely get to hear them. And since I went from MvC2 -> 3rd Strike, the change is a huge fucking improvement.

"Sometimes" doesn't cut it, I need the EX slashes as Yang. I'd rather use meter on slashes than his actual supers.
Actually that's EXACTLY how you play Yang, at least how the 'professionals' do it. The SA2 is his prefered super not because it's good but because it gives the most EX stock. Same with Alex's SAII. Although I enjoy his SAI better, his EX really do make him.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Alex can be played insanely competitive with or without his EXes and using the SAI, but apart from Cameron in Omaha, I have never seen a good Yang player without using EX constantly.

Tain

Easily the best music for a fighting game ever made, I have never turned the music off and have played several THOUSAND hours of 3S.

Absolutely. There's no question about it. SF2 has early arcade nostalgia going for it, but I really can't think of any other fighting game soundtracks I'd listen to outside of the game.

LakeEarth

I just love his hyperbomb too much. Once you learn how to do standing 360's its so easy to catch someone sleeping. And yeah I'm not even gonna bother with Yang until I get a pad where EX's come out when I want them to.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
The only problem is that my friend has these huge speakers where we play and will not, for any reason, turn down the music, so whenever we play a Chun match, the hilarious over usage of bass gets on my nerves.

Ryu, Ken/Alex, and IBuki stages are great, too.

Top Bottom