• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last of Us Part II for PC is being announced very soon

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Sad David Tennant GIF by Naughty Dog

Imagine owning a PS5 and a gaming PC, buying TLoU 2 Remastered because you wanted to play the game in "the highest quality possible", and then a few months later you find out the game is being ported to PC where you can simply toggle graphics and performance to max settings.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Imagine owning a PS5 and a gaming PC, buying TLoU 2 Remastered because you wanted to play the game in "the highest quality possible", and then a few months later you find out the game is being ported to PC where you can simply toggle graphics and performance to max settings.
With how much of a trainwreck the port of the first game was on PC, I wouldn’t be too upset as a PS owner.

It still requires a much beefier PC to play it on the level of a PS5, let alone max settings. Thank god for DLSS though.

The game was literally announced for PC and PS5 at the same time. You chose to buy it on PS5 knowing a PC version was coming lol.

This might be the result of Sony's latest earnings call and their new emphasis on expanding the playstation brand. It made no sense they held on porting some of their games for so long.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Remember the time we had a single thread for insider rumors ?

Good times.

TheTony316

And hope the port won't run like shit, like Part 1.

BouncyFrag

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Rumors of teasers of announcements for 5 years old game.... maybe.
What a fucking time to be alive. I pity everyone who wanted to play this and waited so many years. There is bloodborne on ps4 too lol. I initially got ps4 slim for 200$ because I just wanted bloodborne :p

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
True.
And he was right. Exclusives are good for the industry. Absolutely.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Rumors of teasers of announcements for 5 years old game.... maybe.
What a fucking time to be alive. I pity everyone who wanted to play this and waited so many years. There is bloodborne on ps4 too lol. I initially got ps4 slim for 200$ because I just wanted bloodborne :p

Didn't you just buy the PS5 Remaster like a month ago?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I don't understand why Sony wants to bring all these ports over but hey. It's like Gamepass I'll abuse it for all it's worth until they regret it 🤷‍♂️
Short term profits over everything. its why they went for gaas until it blew up in their face. its why they are laying off all these ND, GG and Insomniac devs knowing full well they will need them in a couple of years when they are ready to ship a game.

It's a plague thats affecting most tech firms who feel beholden to shareholders. That Bryank thread about exclusives being important is almost prophetic now after MS's recent concessions. Who knows if Sony will suffer the same fate but they did miss their sales projections for last year by around 3 million and you gotta wonder if those 10 PC ports they have released in the last 18 months have anything to do with those lost console sales.

Top Bottom