• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored PS5's State of Play is coming this August. What would you like to see in the show? Poll inside.

What would like to see from PS5's State of Play in August?

• Horizon II Forbidden West Gameplay Deep Dive.

Votes: 61 20.3%
  • Spider-man Miles Morales Gameplay Deep Dive.

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart Gameplay Deep Dive.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Demon Souls Remake Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • Gran Turismo 7 Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • God of War Ragnarok announcement - Rumor

Votes: 78 26.0%
  • Silent Hill Reboot announcement - Rumor

Votes: 78 26.0%
  • Jak 4/reboot announcement from Cerny - Rumor

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Playstation 5 Hardware Tear Down and Tech Deep Dive.

Votes: 60 20.0%
  • Playstation 5 Operating System Deep Dive

Votes: 77 25.7%
  • Sony Japan Studio New AAA IP RPG/JRPG announcement - Rumor

Votes: 54 18.0%
  • Returnal Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Destruction All-Stars Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Little Devil Inside Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Sackboy's Big Adventure 4-player CO-OP Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 5 Price Reveal, Release Date and Pre-Order Information

Votes: 118 39.3%
  • Uncharted Spin-off Announcement - Rumor

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • New Studio Acquisition announcements - Capcom/Take-Two/Warner Brothers/Remedy/343i?

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • New AAA IP announcement not found in the options

Votes: 36 12.0%
  • Socom Revival - Wet Dream

Votes: 30 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The poll has a maximum of 3 selections. Reason why is to see what overlaps the most while providing some choice.
In other words, choose wisely.Without further ado, take a deep dive.

State-of-Play.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I want to see the Factions multiplayer that got split off from TLoU2, the OS and features, the way backwards compatibility works and examples of games that are getting enhancement updates, any actual gameplay is fine, and no fucking CG trailers of games that don't actually exist yet. And maybe Craig.

I want to see the Factions multiplayer that got split off from TLoU2, the OS and features, the way backwards compatibility works and examples of games that are getting enhancement updates, any actual gameplay is fine, and no fucking CG trailers of games that don't actually exist yet. And maybe Craig.

ffffff ... can't hit them all I guess.

Last edited:

Camreezie

I went:
Silent Hill announcement
Playstation 5 Release Date and Price
New AAA 3rd Party announcements

Dont get me wrong I'm hype to see more of Ratchet , Spiderman and Horizon but they're all known quantities to me.

Reactions: Isa

Freeman

Banned
If I can only chose 3 I'll chose the things that would be surprising like SOCOM, Silent Hill and Jak4.

But really, everything there sounds great except buying 343i.

Actually don't waste my time with Little Devil Inside, it looked good the first time but don't repeat this sort of game on a big event, make a pre-show if you are going to do that. I'll take a repeat of Kena and Bugsnax but that's it for non AAA games.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I want to see most of those things...

Silent Hill and a AAA Japan Studio game are high up there.

Most of all I want to see an aggressive acquisition... Bethesda, Capcom, Kadokawa (From) or something like that.

MrS

Banned
From the poll options, I wanna see the UI breakdown, a Returnal deepdive and the announcement of GoW Ragnarok

DonF

I want something out of the left field, a huge surprise, new IP from classic studios or really old IPs reboot.
Also, I would love a teardown and some os info.
And God of war sequel. Cory has been teasing that for a year now.

Relativ9

Gameplay of Horizon would be amazing. New God of War should also be pretty far along, need to see that. One or two surprise announcements as well, and more system info like price, date, OS reveal, and backwards compatibility details/demo.

I'd say VR but the price point would be high and I feel like they're going to wait to add that to the ecosystem till next year, while still supporting the original PSVR.

Bryank75

Banned
If they have any FROM exclusivity I will buy their console. Confirmation would be nice.
Sony were going to buy that chicken company from china... Leyou for 1.3 billion. They could buy Kadokawa for the same amount and get From and loads of Mangas for Sony pictures and just integrate it.... makes sense to me.

Rikoi

Many interesting options, I voted for Silent Hill, new IP announcement and new Sony JRPG.
Not interested much in price info because it will eventually come, and gameplay of known IPs because I already know what to expect, I prefer info on new fresh stuff.

Hal.

I need some release dates.

It's all well and good showing Demon's Souls, Ratchet, Horizon etc but (correct me if I am wrong) Spiderman seems to the the only one confirmed for launch?

There may be other games slated for launch which I probably can't remember as the above were all that vaguely interested me...

SinDelta

Horizon II Forbidden West gameplay and info
Eldin Ring gameplay and info
PS5 Price Reveal

Wishes-

Deep Down
Dragons Dogma 2
Ace Combat Trilogy Remaster

Last edited:
Wait, where the hell is Bloodborne 2 announcement option?

Here's what I want, Sony reveals they bought From Software and a Bloodborne 2 game is early in development, in the mean time a Bloodborne PS5 4K remaster is confirmed as coming out before then, with a graphics or frame rate option.

Silent Hill reboot is real and it's the next game Kojima is working on with art design and story coming from the master of Manga horror Junji Ito. (Not too far fetched with the recent rumours of them collobrating on a horror game.) PS5 exclusive, very early in development.

Then price and preorder announcement.

Done.

I need some release dates.

It's all well and good showing Demon's Souls, Ratchet, Horizon etc but (correct me if I am wrong) Spiderman seems to the the only one confirmed for launch?

There may be other games slated for launch which I probably can't remember as the above were all that vaguely interested me...

I hope Demon Souls is a launch game. Not many played it on PS3. Overwhelming majority will be first timers with it and it will scratch the Souls fix. Elden Ring is 2021 least.

Last edited:

Hal.

I hope Demon Souls is a launch game. Not many played it on PS3. Overwhelming majority will be first timers with it and it will scratch the Souls fix. Elden Ring is 2021 least.

If it's a launch game, it's gonna be a tough choice between PS5 and Series X as it will come down to Halo v Demon's Souls.

I'll get both consoles eventually, but any sort of 'launching this holiday' was conspicuously absent.

Hunnybun

Gameplay demos of Miles Morales and Horizon and the Silent Hill announcement. Anything else is a bonus.

I think Miles Morales is a lock considering it's releasing in 4 months.

Yoboman

Im gonna be real, we've only deepened in the pandemic and I think a lot of these teams have enough to be getting on with if they gave us something in June. So I wouldn't expect these only 2 months later:

• Horizon 2 - this game is one of the furthest out so hardest to make a vertical slice for
  • Ratchet - they showed us a lot in June and probably generated the most hype for a Ratchet game ever. Just focus on development.
  • Demons Souls - we've seen how it looks and we know how it should play
  • Gran Turismo - also showed us a big chunk. At best a release date trailer if its launch window

I also think Sony is now in a good position to reset their marketing calendar and unveil games within the next calendar year of their release. So with that in mind I'm not expecting to see GOW2 yet but next year or Game Awards at the earliest

What Id like to see

• Some of the games that didn't make the cut because they werent running on PS5
  • Spiderman MM - being a launch game they should be able to produce some gameplay slices by now
  • TLOU Multiplayer for launch or at least revealed
  • New Kojima collab
  • Silent Hill
  • Japan studios game(s)
  • Launch games
  • System and UI deep dive
  • Price and Launch Date

God of War announcement? Eh, unless they show gameplay right away I'm not going to waste a vote on that. We all know it's coming at some point.

I'll probably be the only one to vote for Little Devil Inside gameplay. Horizon gameplay is my other choice. And console price etc of course.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I just want them to open pre-orders. I’m already sold. I just want to know if I can secure a pre-order knowing that demand is very high.

Dargor

I wanna see a rpg from them. Something great, high fantasy, please!

Fuck, I would accept a legend of legaia or dragoon remake if they dont wanna make something new. :messenger_pensive:

Perrott

Gold Member
I've done my research and here's what I got in terms of potential reveals:

First-Party:
  1. Arrowhead's New TPS Multiplayer IP
  2. Secret Game #1 (Silent Hill)
  3. Secret Game #2 (???) - could be RaySpace?
Regarding those "secret games" from above, one of the individuals behind the Silent Hill leaks mentioned that there were two games that Sony really wanted to announce before information slip out about them - one of them being the Silent Hill soft-reboot in the works at Japan Studio - but ended up delaying both reveals from the june event.

Third-Party:
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - I mean, it has been getting leaked for several weeks now and the COD IP is strongly tied to PlayStation these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it was moved from the june event due to the game being behind schedule - everybody remember that this year's COD has had a rocky development.
  2. Final Fantasy XVI - I recently got confirmation that this game was not mistaken with Project Athia back in june and that an announcement should be on the horizon. Square Enix mentioned that they would unveil the games they had planned to show at their E3 press conference during june, july and august, so this could be one of their august reveals.
Wild Card: Dead Space writer's new game - pulled off from the june event at the last minute. Could be it's own thing or one of the games mentioned above.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
That rumor dropped off a cliff which is why I probably forgot about it. AAA or AA?
You mean the Arrowhead thing? It is their first AAA game and they've been working on it since 2016. Since then the team's size has grown considerably to a point in which they had to move into a new building a couple of years ago. The game, codenamed Testament, it is confirmed to be a Sony-funded third-person shooter meant to be enjoyed in four player coop.

I've done my research and here's what I got in terms of potential reveals:

First-Party:
  1. Arrowhead's New TPS Multiplayer IP
  2. Secret Game #1 (Silent Hill)
  3. Secret Game #2 (???) - could be RaySpace?
Regarding those "secret games" from above, one of the individuals behind the Silent Hill leaks mentioned that there were two games that Sony really wanted to announce before information slip out about them - one of them being the Silent Hill soft-reboot in the works at Japan Studio - but ended up delaying both reveals from the june event.

Third-Party:
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - I mean, it has been getting leaked for several weeks now and the COD IP is strongly tied to PlayStation these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it was moved from the june event due to the game being behind schedule - everybody remember that this year's COD has had a rocky development.
  2. Final Fantasy XVI - I recently got confirmation that this game was not mistaken with Project Athia back in june and that an announcement should be on the horizon. Square Enix mentioned that they would unveil the games they had planned to show at their E3 press conference during june, july and august, so this could be one of their august reveals.
Wild Card: Dead Space writer's new game - pulled off from the june event at the last minute. Could be it's own thing or one of the games mentioned above.

I think that weird Capcom game (forgot the title) was possibly it. the main characters design resembled Isaac's suit from dead space. It's not 100% confirmed, it did look familiar.

Kokoloko85

What I expect.

Some gameplay
Smaller game
Last of us 2 Multiplayer
New 1st party exclusive
Date and price

What I dream:

Gameplay and dates
Socom
Last of Us 2 multiplayer
BC Talk