• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored PS5's State of Play is coming this August. What would you like to see in the show? Poll inside.

What would like to see from PS5's State of Play in August?

• Horizon II Forbidden West Gameplay Deep Dive.

Votes: 61 20.3%
  • Spider-man Miles Morales Gameplay Deep Dive.

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart Gameplay Deep Dive.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Demon Souls Remake Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • Gran Turismo 7 Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • God of War Ragnarok announcement - Rumor

Votes: 78 26.0%
  • Silent Hill Reboot announcement - Rumor

Votes: 78 26.0%
  • Jak 4/reboot announcement from Cerny - Rumor

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Playstation 5 Hardware Tear Down and Tech Deep Dive.

Votes: 60 20.0%
  • Playstation 5 Operating System Deep Dive

Votes: 77 25.7%
  • Sony Japan Studio New AAA IP RPG/JRPG announcement - Rumor

Votes: 54 18.0%
  • Returnal Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Destruction All-Stars Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Little Devil Inside Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Sackboy's Big Adventure 4-player CO-OP Gameplay Deep Dive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 5 Price Reveal, Release Date and Pre-Order Information

Votes: 118 39.3%
  • Uncharted Spin-off Announcement - Rumor

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • New Studio Acquisition announcements - Capcom/Take-Two/Warner Brothers/Remedy/343i?

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • New AAA IP announcement not found in the options

Votes: 36 12.0%
  • Socom Revival - Wet Dream

Votes: 30 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bender

What time is it?
I voted Silent Hill/Studio Japan/Price Reveal. I'm already sold on Spider Man, Ratchet and Clank and Demon Souls.

Hoping for another Hot Shots Golf.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Horizon for sure. Time to put out gameplay of next gen graphics. Expectations are crazy high for it. Let's hope GG delivers...

Next would be the tear down, what's the patented cooling that will make thermals no longer a constraint for 2.23ghz. Also a die shot

Freeman

Banned
I just thought of the perfect way they could present the event in August to make it a classic.

Start by showing the console booting up screen. We log in as Shuhei Yoshida.

From there we navigate and load the demos like loading different games on the actual PS5, going trough the ui, all diegetic.

When it's time to load another demo, use the UI again and show us how long it takes to go from one to another.

We can then get notifications of what some devs shared using the share function, enter a demo that is being streaming and so on, get messages from devs, etc.

We can have a quick Zoom call as Shu with a bunch of indie devs for example.

Want to explain how BC is going to work? Just show how you select the different modes etc.

Then at the end we get a message from user JimRyanCEO:
"Don't tell anyone."
"November 13"
"$399."
"Pre-orders open next Sunday."

Last edited:
1) Deep dive, with emphasis on the cooling solution
2) Price announcement, and pre-order date
3) A new, unannounced Playstation 5 exclusive AAA Japanese RPG reveal.

Unfortunately, this State of Play is going to suck balls since there's absolutely no fear of MS, seeing as how they screwed the pooch in their latest outing. I'm thinking they can afford to lay off the peddle a bit. Maybe save it for a big marketing blitz towards launch time.
This makes sense. Instead of revealing a God of War sequel they’ll just wait a year before release.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
1. Gameplay trailer for Horizon 2
2. Spider Man: Miles Morales long gameplay trailer since it's a launch title
3. Price and release date

farmerboy

Games are gonna come so anything game related is a bonus. What I want to see is all of the ps5.
The price.
The operating system and features.
A teardown.
The Playstation services.

I feel like we don't know enough, so I want either MS or Sony to just open the floodgates and show us all they got.

Last edited:

slade

I voted new studio acquisition, specifically Capcom. I loved this publisher at one point. Throughout the PS1 and PS2 years, they occupied the same space that PS studios does for me now. Specifically, they made awesome third person action/adventure games. They also put out a new IP every gen that stood as a peer in the industry. From the PS3 onwards, all that changed.

Capcom in the PS3 era made two mediocre IP's in Dead Rising and Lost Planet but they also made a criminal error with Resident Evil. They began shoe horning secondary characters alongside the main character. Their whole focus shifted to multiplayer and their IP's have lost all the pull they once had with me. Nowadays, RE is first person or remakes of old games that are not as good as the old games, and the rest may as well not exist.

So, I put forth that Sony should buy Capcom because for me, they might as well not exist right now. Although, given Sony Japan's output over this last gen, this thing has a good chance of going monkey's paw on me.

You guys fprgot bout Syphon filter 👀

the game has potentiol or couldv been the splinter cell for playatation

kojima would do hell of job pn syphon filter 🔥logan

Perrott

Gold Member
Capcom in the PS3 era made two mediocre IP's in Dead Rising and Lost Planet but they also made a criminal error with Resident Evil. They began shoe horning secondary characters alongside the main character. Their whole focus shifted to multiplayer and their IP's have lost all the pull they once had with me. Nowadays, RE is first person or remakes of old games that are not as good as the old games, and the rest may as well not exist.
t9nko.gif

THEAP99

Banned
we need more gameplay in general. horizon forbidden west or spiderman gameplay.
i would like firm launch titles confirmed
price and release date
one new big game announcement. god of war or a new surprise AAA ip

sol_bad

I hope they announce everything about BC before announcing a price. I have a shit load of NTSC PS2 games and I need my American PS5 if I can play them. But if there is no PS2 BC than I can just buy it in Oz.

Kerotan

I only want a god of war announcement if its not years away. Holiday 21 at the latest although that would probably be delayed to March - may 2021.

ZywyPL

Banned
I voted for everything PS5 related, because the games will have to be showed sooner or later, if not by Sony themselves then at least in the reviews, so that can wait, but a console teardown or OS preview is something that will be hard to find.

SilentUser

I voted Silent Hill/Studio Japan/Price Reveal. I'm already sold on Spider Man, Ratchet and Clank and Demon Souls.

Hoping for another Hot Shots Golf.
We basically voted for the same. I voted Silent Hill/Studio Japan/New Studios Acquisition.

You know what? A new Hot Shits Tennis would be ace!

Hostile_18

Banned
No option for Back Compatibility functionality/improvements!?

Silent Hill and Uncharted for me. We need a price, release date and pre order now, we're at the end of July.

Last edited:

yurinka

I expect:
-Spiderman Miles Morales gameplay
-Some extra details on hardware, OS, BC, Remote Play or PS Now
-Date, price and preorders
-Probably a list of the release date (and maybe 2020) PS5 games

I'd love to get but I'm pretty sure won't happen:
-GoW 2 announced with a cinematic trailer+gameplay demo
-Bloodborne 2 by Sony Japan, with From Software helping & overviewing
-Kojima and Junji Ito announce their horror game
-Uncharted 5 with the new Sony San Diego studio with ND helping & overviewing
-Sony buys R8 Games an renames Pacer (previously known as Formula Fusion) to make it a new Wipeout game
-Sony buys Kojima Production, Konami, Quantic Dream, Ready At Dawn, From Software, Housemarque, Bluepoint, Supermassive and Playboy.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I’m more interested in seeing the new interface, new features, and pre orders going live. Let’s go for a September or October launch please.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
All I want to see is a sandwich with the PS5 logo branded into both slices of bread.

Just kidding. What I'd really like to see is an in-depth tear down of the console.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Easy.

Silent Hill, Demon's Souls and Horizon 2.

For me, these are games that is buy a PS5 for (I'm convinced Silent Hill is real). The Demon's Souls remake screen shots look absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see more of that in motion.

Sony have me hyped for the next gen.

A proper "next-gen" sci-fi fps game? 🔥

I also want to see how the existing PS4 games will run on the new machine (what are the enhancements?)
I would not cross my fingers for PS1/2/3 emulation, but I'd be pretty hyped about this feature, even if I have very few discs left for those.

Obviously the God of War game reveal will be the second most amazing reveal after the DS5.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Oh shit

How could I forget about a Dragons Dogma sequel! With Netflix making the TV series it's got to be coming right?

the_master

Powering on the he console and playing a game in one go, uncut.
I want to see real, final gameplay for a few titles.
See the operating system and all yhe features.
More games anounced. Especially, new AAA original IPs with personality.

Mr.ODST

Want to see the UI, one thing that put me off from Series X is the fact the UI is the same as the Xbox One so it doesn't feel next gen when you start it up

Top Bottom