• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

winjer

It's not misleading it's fucking wrong and fucking stupid.

Dude knows what he's doing.

I don't know if he is a "Russia bot" trying to subvert facts about the invasion. Or if he is just misguided.
Just someone with small understanding of reality, that came upon a video on youtube and thinks he saw some greater truth, without realizing he was just watching Russian propaganda.
He might be just ignorant and naïve, for all we know.

I don't know if he is a "Russia bot" trying to subvert facts about the invasion. Or if he is just misguided.
Just someone with small understanding of reality, that came upon a video on youtube and thinks he saw some greater truth, without realizing he was just watching Russian propaganda.
He might be just ignorant and naïve, for all we know.
Lol - you are bonkers. I'll let you get to your bigger version of reality, whatever western source that is

What kind of narrative? please teach us, what is the the truth

Throwing empty meaningless terms, like a true NPC, really isn't as thoughtful as you might think
Well I'm sure most people here know what that narrative is - good Vs evil. Go back through this thread and you'll find many a 'fuck russians/fuck Russia standpoint supporting it. Yes what they did is totally wrong in invading, however let's not all pretend all is black and white, which seemingly when questioning I must be a 'russian bot' which is mental. The truth is always preferable, that's all, even if sometimes it's unpalatable, that's all it is.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well I'm sure most people here know what that narrative is - good Vs evil. Go back through this thread and you'll find many a 'fuck russians/fuck Russia standpoint supporting it. Yes what they did is totally wrong in invading, however let's not all pretend all is black and white, which seemingly when questioning I must be a 'russian bot' which is mental. The truth is always preferable, that's all, even if sometimes it's unpalatable, that's all it is.
Alright so what in your mind Ukranians did to Russia, that they deserve it, that would be my first question. I am not saying that your are RuzBot, it's just I have distain to empty meaningless statement, which serves no purpose otherwise to get people frustrated.

winjer

Do you want Russia to cause another Holodomor in the Ukraine.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Alright so what in your mind Ukranians did to Russia, that they deserve it, that would be my first question. I am not saying that your are RuzBot, it's just I have distain to empty meaningless statement, which serves no purpose otherwise to get people frustrated.

Or what did the 2 year old girl who got raped twice do to deserve that? Or the old couple who got shot in the back (which the Russian soldier has now admitted to) deserve to get that?

The list is atrocious, and long. There is no narrative, just assholes who think they are clever because they want to stir shit up on the internet.

Anyway, what's the phrase? New day - Fuck Putin.

M1chl

Or what did the 2 year old girl who got raped twice do to deserve that? Or the old couple who got shot in the back (which the Russian soldier has now admitted to) deserve to get that?

The list is atrocious, and long. There is no narrative, just assholes who think they are clever because they want to stir shit up on the internet.

Anyway, what's the phrase? New day - Fuck Putin.
Nah nah, I want to know, it's just that, some people could be misguided, but not lost. They didn't acted as RuZZian, so I am interested.

Thankfully we all here know, that people of Ukranian are being genocided, their culture and identity targeted and that warrants the highest condemnation of Russian leadership as well as many of it's citizens. It's a terrible country and it always was. My people didn't deserved it too, just saying.

No, Ukrainians did not deserve it. What is meaningless or empty about the truth? If the truth of what's going on contradicts your standpoint and frustrates you then so be it, but the truth should be told.

UnNamed

Banned

Not sure if posted - and not a pro russia post - more just a consideration about what we're fed by western media.

"EXPOSED!"

It's just impossible, in a war, to have a clear division between good guys/ bad guys like in the movies, so it's possible there are war crimes made by Azov during this war and in the eight years before.

But I wonder how it is possibile this guys was a witness of atrocities from Ukranian soldiers for 16 days and he forgot to report with a camera or other documents what he saw, go back to France without any proof and "EXPOSE!" everything not in a reputable newspaper but on youtube. A careless guy or a fibber.

M1chl

No, Ukrainians did not deserve it. What is meaningless or empty about the truth? If the truth of what's going on contradicts your standpoint and frustrates you then so be it, but the truth should be told.
Throwing words like "going against the narrative" and so on. Sure you won't get the info about how many Ukranians were killed in action, how many people are somewhere Lunask, Doňetsk held in prisons and so on. The importance is to have good morale for unjustly invaded country. There is a lot of nuance going on, which should serve as a tool to make sure Ukraine survive and thrive. They deserve it, despite all which is going on around Azov Sea and so on. They were attacked for nearly 7 years, their land was annexed and yet west did nothing, until they started to get worried, that they might suffer from it too. West is also responsible for all of this, however not shit like "NATO expansionism"

What really grind my gears, that people get some snippet of info about something which sounds shitty and just build the whole narrative about it. I hope you know that I am not stated, that you are somewhat in bad, but you need to understand that here are people whom have collegues, friends, family in Ukraine, which are getting blasted and those suffer everyday and let me tell you, it almost does not matter what media reports, it's meaningless. What matters, is to survive and thrive. And I feel that Europe at least, own it to them. Because as you might know, Ukranian workes were building EU infrastructure for long years, despite EU never bothered let them get legal permit quite the opposite actually, make it pretty much harder for them to work legally. And now they are force between shitty Russian state, which were terrorizing world for past centrury and west, which despite not being perfect, at least people live in freedom and relative safety.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Here’s the narrative, mate: Vladimir Putin invaded a sovereign, independent nation, for no other reason than as a land grab, a resource grab, and a power play. Ukraine was entirely innocent, and did not deserve this invasion. Russia has committed evil acts of genocide and many war atrocities, and the only good outcome now is every single Russian in Ukraine dead, and for the Russian state as it stands to collapse.

What argument - if any- do you have against that position?

Animated GIF

Fuck Putin!!!

Here’s the narrative, mate: Vladimir Putin invaded a sovereign, independent nation, for no other reason than as a land grab, a resource grab, and a power play. Ukraine was entirely innocent, and did not deserve this invasion. Russia has committed evil acts of genocide and many war atrocities, and the only good outcome now is every single Russian in Ukraine dead, and for the Russian state as it stands to collapse.

What argument - if any- do you have against that position?
Righty ho. Out of curiosity, do you feel this way about all invasions? I hope so. Regardless, you've not been reading - keep up.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Nah nah, I want to know, it's just that, some people could be misguided, but not lost. They didn't acted as RuZZian, so I am interested.

Thankfully we all here know, that people of Ukranian are being genocided, their culture and identity targeted and that warrants the highest condemnation of Russian leadership as well as many of it's citizens. It's a terrible country and it always was. My people didn't deserved it too, just saying.

It's been 80+ days. They can go through this same thread to get a balanced understanding of what's happening. A modicum of effort on their side to understand whats happened here and why there is no "both sides" here.

I've asked for and we've left out the worst of the war here... But it never hurts to remind "the narrative"..

M1chl

It's been 80+ days. They can go through this same thread to get a balanced understanding of what's happening. A modicum of effort on their side to understand whats happened here and why there is no "both sides" here.

I've asked for and we've left out the worst of the war here... But it never hurts to remind "the narrative"..

I guess that some people need more context as to why those other things which are they so concern, does not matter. Even at the face value, that sentence sounds weird. I am not really interested in even more people joining the Azov, Buffer states, Nato, money laundering, etc scheme. it pains me when I read it and I try to put a fight with it, since people are know, fighting with guns at this very moment and for me, it's very hard pill to swallow. Yes the toxic masculine processes definitely kicked inside me, but I want it to use it for the good.

Political division is mainly create by people who deemed people who aren't necessarily evil, just misguided as irredeemable. I refuse not to help. and not argue someone who is ready to jump on that right wing pipeline. Here is some apolitical* picture, outline this:

FTLOHmhXoAg9mMh

I refuse to take part of either part of the picture shown here.

akimbo009

Gold Member
I guess that some people need more context as to why those other things which are they so concern, does not matter. Even at the face value, that sentence sounds weird. I am not really interested in even more people joining the Azov, Buffer states, Nato, money laundering, etc scheme. it pains me when I read it and I try to put a fight with it, since people are know, fighting with guns at this very moment and for me, it's very hard pill to swallow. Yes the toxic masculine processes definitely kicked inside me, but I want it to use it for the good.

Political division is mainly create by people who deemed people who aren't necessarily evil, just misguided as irredeemable. I refuse not to help. and not argue someone who is ready to jump on that right wing pipeline. Here is some apolitical* picture, outline this:

FTLOHmhXoAg9mMh

I refuse to take part of either part of the picture shown here.

This thread isn't about politics, or "both sides". It's about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It ends when Putin gets out of the country, full stop. You don't blame the victim for biting the person who trying to kill them. You accept Ukraine is fighting for it's survival, and all efforts to effect that are fair game.

The only war crimes happening are from Russia the moment it walked into Ukraine. That's it. There is actually no other debate - legal or otherwise. And this thread isn't to litigate what got us here, or why it keeps happening, or if NATO should or shouldn't expand - it's about Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

There's not much teaching that needs to happen, and we aren't trying to craft a school around equal measures here. Create a new thread of you want to discuss the various virtues of Russias grievances or whether they are now victims of war crimes by Ukraine.

M1chl

This thread isn't about politics, or "both sides". It's about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It ends when Putin gets out of the country, full stop. You don't blame the victim for biting the person who trying to kill them. You accept Ukraine is fighting for it's survival, and all efforts to effect that are fair game.

The only war crimes happening are from Russia the moment it walked into Ukraine. That's it. There is actually no other debate - legal or otherwise. And this thread isn't to litigate what got us here, or why it keeps happening, or if NATO should or shouldn't expand - it's about Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

There's not much teaching that needs to happen, and we aren't trying to craft a school around equal measures here. Create a new thread of you want to discuss the various virtues of Russias grievances or whether they are now victims of war crimes by Ukraine.
Well I guess I know all of that, agree with you and so on, but also do strongly believe that the politics affiliation of person and their view on this conflict are intertwined. And I also believe that a lot of people are dangerously close to extremism, which I am at least trying (to what success, is up to others to decide) alleviate. This conflict changed me. My intention are good.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Well I guess I know all of that, agree with you and so on, but also do strongly believe that the politics affiliation of person and their view on this conflict are intertwined. And I also believe that a lot of people are dangerously close to extremism, which I am at least trying (to what success, is up to others to decide) alleviate. This conflict changed me. My intention are good.
I know they are. We agree here.

We also aren't allowed to talk about politics, and I think it gets a little messy here especially with European politics being exposed on how we apply that. Still, I'd rather leave this thread focused on Russia's illegal invasion versus debating the finer point of how we got here (and definitely not include "Ukrainian war crimes" in this thread - since yeah, that's an agenda).

M1chl

We also aren't allowed to talk about politics, and I think it gets a little messy here especially with European politics being exposed on how we apply that. Still, I'd rather leave this thread focused on Russia's illegal invasion versus debating the finer point of how we got here (and definitely not include "Ukrainian war crimes" in this thread - since yeah, that's an agenda).
Fair enough

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I mean 14 posts in 2 pages seems very agenda driven.

Atrus

Gold Member
"EXPOSED!"

It's just impossible, in a war, to have a clear division between good guys/ bad guys like in the movies, so it's possible there are war crimes made by Azov during this war and in the eight years before.

But I wonder how it is possibile this guys was a witness of atrocities from Ukranian soldiers for 16 days and he forgot to report with a camera or other documents what he saw, go back to France without any proof and "EXPOSE!" everything not in a reputable newspaper but on youtube. A careless guy or a fibber.

So the video is of a supposed French aid worker who travelled to Ukraine for 16 days, specifically in Bucha and Kyiv, and found Azov bases "everywhere" despite Azov being in a completely different territorial command with an HQ in Mariupol?

Sounds like more disinformation garbage.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So the video is of a supposed French aid worker who travelled to Ukraine for 16 days, specifically in Bucha and Kyiv, and found Azov bases "everywhere" despite Azov being in a completely different territorial command with an HQ in Mariupol?

Sounds like more disinformation garbage.

Alzov combat strength is less than 5k - so who's staffing those mythical bases?

Nice non-answer. Which I was frankly expecting.
You basically parroted everything you're fed by trusted media in response to my original post which questioned the western media (nothing more). What is your point. Atrocities happen in all wars, always have. The point was let's chat about everything, put it all on the table. Apparently for suggesting that I'm a Russian bot 😒

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You basically parroted everything you're fed by trusted media in response to my original post which questioned the western media (nothing more). What is your point. Atrocities happen in all wars, always have. The point was let's chat about everything, put it all on the table. Apparently for suggesting that I'm a Russian bot 😒

My point is that you clearly have an agenda to both sides this conflict, by wanting to talk about Ukraine’s failings as a nation and post YouTube horseshit apparently backing your position, and I was just seeing if you actually had the stones to just come right out and say it. Seems pretty black and white, doesn’t it?

But you have fun claiming your YouTube videos are creating a more ‘balanced picture‘ against the ‘narrative‘ the western msm are feeding us all.

And enjoy your Fancy beverages and cabbage soup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom