• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia has been suspended by the IAAF for doping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzalez

Banned
When the World Anti-Doping Agency published its damning report accusing Russia of running a state-sponsored doping program for international athletes, it asked the International Association of Athletics Federation to ban Russian track and field athletes from international competitions. Today, the IAAF went ahead and did that.

Investigators: KGB Successor Enforced State-Approved Doping Program For Russian Athletes
The World Anti-Doping Agency just released the results of a months-long investigation into doping…

Today we have been dealing with the failure of ARAF and made the decision to provisionally suspend them, the toughest sanction we can apply at this time. But we discussed and agreed that the whole system has failed the athletes, not just in Russia, but around the world.

This has been a shameful wake up call and we are clear that cheating at any level will not be tolerated. To this end, the IAAF, WADA, the member federations and athletes need to look closely at ourselves, our cultures and our processes to identify where failures exist and be tough in our determination to fix them and rebuild trust in our sport. There can be no more important focus for our sport.

The IAAF only governs track and field competitions, so this suspension means that Russian track and field athletes will not be able to participate in the upcoming World Athletics Series or the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

http://deadspin.com/iaaf-suspends-russia-from-international-competitions-1742438243

I don't know what to say about this, in a climate of tensions between the east and west its easy to chalk this up as politically motivited as some will inevitably do, but Russia (and i imagine anyone with the resources) is not above doing such a thing. Oh well, lets see if they will go after other countries.

putin-best.jpg

"But we didn't do anything wrong!"

Seriosuly Though, not that other countries don't have rampant doping, but having a state run organization of it is frankly unsurprising from Russia.

RedSparc

Banned
LOL, the Americans are doping too - what's the difference

The difference is that most of American track and field operates on an individual level where as the doping in this case against Russia was state sponsored.

It the US government was sponsoring the doping of athletes then I would fully support a ban also.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Drinking the holy sweat of Superputin might give you super-human powers, but it is it doping?

LOL, the Americans are doping too - what's the difference

This is the difference:

Former Russian anti-doping chief Nikita Kamayev dies | Sport | The Guardian

The former executive director of Russia’s anti-doping agency has died two months after resigning from his post during Russia’s doping scandal, the second death of a former senior official in recent weeks.

A spokeswoman for Rusada, the anti-doping agency, confirmed that Nikita Kamayev died on Sunday. “The preliminary cause of death was a massive heart attack,” the agency said in a statement, adding that he was “an experienced and understanding manager who was distinguished by his high level of professionalism.”

Are you trying to imply now Russia is killing off its antidoping people? Because that sounds crazy if you are when in your own article it says:

Kamayev criticised the Wada commission’s report for being “politicised”, saying that it had produced a biased report based on unreliable testimony from athletes who had been caught doping, and that in any case, Rusada had been fighting drug use effectively.

Why would Russia kill off one of the dudes who had their back against the accusers?

Are you trying to imply now Russia is killing off its antidoping people? Because that sounds crazy if you are when in your own article it says:

Why would Russia kill off one of the dudes who had their back against the accusers?

Two of these guys died now. This happens a lot in Russia...

(not sure why you are asking "why?" I think it's pretty obvious)

Two of these guys died now. This happens a lot in Russia...

(not sure why you are asking "why?" I think it's pretty obvious)
People dying from a massive heart attack while doing something as strenuous as cross country skiing is more common than Russia killing people supporting its position on international sporting matters.

I don't mean to disrespect you, but are you daft or just trolling? I can't tell.

He was in charge of the "widespread state-sponsored cheating and corruption" at their anti-doping agency. Now he and the other senior official of that organization are dead 2 months after that report was published.

Is this a coincidence to you?

I don't mean to disrespect you, but are you daft or just trolling? I can't tell.

He was in charge of the "widespread state-sponsored cheating and corruption" at their anti-doping agency. Now he and the other senior official of that organization are dead 2 months after that report was published.

Is this a coincidence to you?
Sounds like one to me.

Is there any proof that they've been secretly murdered?

People dying from a massive heart attack while doing something as strenuous as cross country skiing is more common than Russia killing people supporting its position on international sporting matters.

What is this even supposed to mean? How do you know how he died? If he was actually killed that would imply that the whole story is made up. The suspicious part here is that it's second person connected to the agency that died after investigation started not that he was skiing... Who cares what he was doing?

Is there any proof that they've been secretly murdered?

How could there be proof? I mean Russia killed Litvinenko and bombed their own apartment buildings and there's no proof. This is just a suspicion. Of course it could have happened by chance, but the fact that it happened is suspicious.

doby

New report has been published by Wada about shady ol' Russia.

Officials threatened, samples intercepted, missing athletes...

One athlete reportedly even stuck a vial of 'clean' urine up her nunu which she then proceeded to leak everywhere and after realising her mistake attempted to bribe her way out of it.

Surely they're gunna be banned for Rio now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom