• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - New Trailer | Xbox showcase 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

The new trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is here. Packed with brand-new reveals, this trailer showcases the array of experiences awaiting players, from locations to encounters with mutants and archanomalies. And hubs! Places to have some well-deserved rest and prepare your body and gear for the next intense mission.

In-game footage is mixed with narrative snippets, highlighting the prominence of the non-linear storyline in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. The Time of Opportunities trailer is aptly named, reflecting the boundless potential that awaits within this unforgiving landscape. How will you see the Zone? And how will She remember you?

This time, you’ll hear much more of the Ukrainian voiceover. Being a Ukrainian company, GSC Game World knows that many fans are eager to experience the game in Ukrainian with subtitles of their choice. The trailer is aimed to provide a better understanding of what this experience will feel like. The Time of Opportunities trailer kicks off a series of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 showcases throughout this summer. Please stay tuned for additional announcements.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ll be eating crow. This finally looks really good to me.

I’m excited to play it. Up until now it looked like it was on the path of failure.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've never played any of these games, but if you like shooters it looked solid. Probably won't be a day one for me, but definitely at the very least on my wish list for down the road.

It actually looks decent. Is it just me or does it look a lot like modded SoC? That's kinda concerning since we're talking about a 17 year old game.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I am excited! I just hope it has the same level of depth in its gameplay mechanics and world as the original, just with less jank.

StereoVsn

Looked pretty darn good. Can't wait for full on previews. Hopefully there is going to be a lot of emergent gameplay ala first 3 games and also modding support.

If I want to get into the original series what's the best way to understand how everything works? The first game? Because I played call of pripyat and had no idea what I was doing

Not when you're talking about a game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I mean watch that first trailer where they start walking down into what looks like the swamp region with some tall building to the dude and the flesh mutant getting rekt by the anomaly. Huge reduction in graphical fidelity going from that to this. This honestly looks like worse than a SoC mod at times.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I wonder how the contract worked out between the dev and MS/Xbox. Like is the money front loaded to help the development? I just wonder if the game pass deal helped this game get finished.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Game of the show for me. It seems like everything I expected and more is here. I hope I can get the same enjoyment as I did from the older games.

Roni

Gold Member
I mean watch that first trailer where they start walking down into what looks like the swamp region with some tall building to the dude and the flesh mutant getting rekt by the anomaly. Huge reduction in graphical fidelity going from that to this. This honestly looks like worse than a SoC mod at times.
1. If you're going into a STALKER game for the eye candy, you're doing it wrong.
2. The game has to run on an Xbox Series S.

gm4Ckh8.jpeg

nOvK446.jpeg

PjOwWX8.jpeg

POuCGFW.jpeg

YL11xUf.jpeg

8TTRdPA.jpeg

The trailer in the Xbox showcase today completely changed my mind on this game. I am definitely interested now. I was full-on meh before today.

Impressions are positive.

Also states they have more coming from IGN in the weeks/months before launch, so maybe it'll be one of those IGN highlighted games for a month.

Last edited:

DragonNCM

Fucking game looks stunning now....day one for me & I will support developers with my money. Amassing what they achieved when their country is torn up by war.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
This looks amazing! Will make my PC's bleed lol Will likely play on both 6950 and 4090 builds just for fun.

How ever, the trailer is rather....boring. What it shown doesn't do much for me regarding the story, narrative, plot or anything to really get me wondering about the world, the characters or their journey. Seeing something that looks this good, it reminds me how something is directed is very important and that simply having a good looking game isn't enough, you must still be able to sell the audience that story, theme, narrative etc off bat.

So...maybe Kojima is on to something regarding this, as this is a really poorly directed trailer, with really amazing visuals.

clarky

Gold Member
I am excited! I just hope it has the same level of depth in its gameplay mechanics and world as the original, just with less jank.
I have a feeling its not going to live upto the original, but it could go either way. Its did look great this time around, so fingers crossed. Not too long to wait now either.

I'll be buying the game no matter how it turns out to support these guys.

Also I think the jank is a given, under the circumstances.

cebri.one

Impressions are positive.

Also states they have more coming from IGN in the weeks/months before launch, so maybe it'll be one of those IGN highlighted games for a month.

Omg I hate Ryan so much “mmmggss there are monsters anddd it’s kind of survivaaal”””, does he know anything about Stalker?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looked real fucking solid in the trailer, shaping up very nicely.

Still probably gonna have its share of euro-jank, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Actually it does have a whole metro level with the cannibals and the rest of it feels like stalker..i loved it.
It’s way more scripted and linear than stalker. Also the atmosphere never got as good as stalker could be.

This trailer was great I can’t wait. I’ve put like 100 hours recently into stalker gamma.

Last edited:
Top Bottom