• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure | PC Version Thread

Midn1ght

Steel_Beauty_Pre-Order_610px_wide.jpg

Game Title: Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Platforms: PC (27 Oct, 2022), PlayStation 5 (Nov 12, 2020)
Trailers:
Developer: Sumo Digital
Publisher: PlayStation PC LLC

Port Reviews:

System Requirements:

sackboy-adventure-specs-pc.jpg

Nvidia Drivers for Sackboy are available.
o2VaHtq.jpeg

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
If they keep porting games at a faster rate than their new game releases, eventually they will run out of games to port. Let's just get this one out of the way.

Haggard

Banned
Returnal is probably coming this year, it's been leaked so much it's common knowledge now.

As for why? I guess since Sackboy is an Unreal Engine 4 game, the porting is probably relatively straghtforward.
Returnal is also UE4 and GoT is already 2,5 years old. This was definitely a priority thing, and I don`t get their logic there.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/sackboy-a-big-adventure-pc-geforce-game-ready-driver/
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/29/sackboy-a-big-adventure-is-coming-to-pc-on-october-27/

Sackboy: A Big Adventure will features the followings on PC
  • 4K with target @ 120 FPS
  • Deep Learning Super Sampling 2
  • Variable Refresh Rate
  • Wide Screen (including 21:9)
  • Support for whole bunch of peripherals (Mouse & keyboard)
  • customization options
  • Full support for DualSense controller including haptic feedback & dynamic trigger effects
  • achievements & cloud saves
  • ray-traced reflections
  • ray-traced shadows
  • ray-traced ambient occlusion effects

JCK75

the only game I want from Sony now is SOT
I'd also love Uncharted 1-3 but don't see that happening.

ACESHIGH

Banned
According to PC specs it clearly won't feature optimization. Let's see if this proves me wrong.

Calling it right now. The emulated version of Bayonetta 3 will run better than this game.

Last edited:

tmlDan

it's messed up that I want to double dip on this cause i think its beautiful on PS5, with all these additions on PC I can't imagine how good it'll look.

Last edited:
Any word on these updates coming to the PS5 version of the game as well? PS4 I can understand missing out but, throw a bone to the folks on PS5 who already bought the game (and at a higher price point) Sony.

Nice! Does the PS5 version have these features? If not can they be patched in perhaps?

Yeah I feel like at the very least the PS5 version should get a patch to support these new features as well. It may have to take a resolution hit in some areas and we know peak framerate would be lower, but it shouldn't be hard to optimize the features for that version of the game.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Seems like you get an extra costume if you link your psn account.

PC_Sackboy_Promo.png

Exclusive offer!
Steam players can link their account and sign into their existing account for PlayStation™Network on PC, or create an account, to get an exclusive PC Costume for Sackboy to wear on his adventures.
CONNECT YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT TO PLAYSTATION™NETWORK AND UNLOCK THIS ADDITIONAL COSTUME AND AN ASSOCIATED EMOTE WHILE YOUR ACCOUNTS REMAIN CONNECTED.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/sackboy-a-big-adventure-pc-geforce-game-ready-driver/
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/29/sackboy-a-big-adventure-is-coming-to-pc-on-october-27/

Sackboy: A Big Adventure will features the followings on PC
  • 4K with target @ 120 FPS
  • Deep Learning Super Sampling 2
  • Variable Refresh Rate
  • Wide Screen (including 21:9)
  • Support for whole bunch of peripherals (Mouse & keyboard)
  • customization options
  • Full support for DualSense controller including haptic feedback & dynamic trigger effects
  • achievements & cloud saves
  • ray-traced reflections
  • ray-traced shadows
  • ray-traced ambient occlusion effects
Now you know what to expect in a patch for the Pro mid-gen refresh consoles ;)

jaysius

Banned
The cunts didn't put the PS4 version of Sackboy on the Plus gamepass, fuck Sony.

The shit really doesn't make much sense in that ecosystem.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Any word on these updates coming to the PS5 version of the game as well? PS4 I can understand missing out but, throw a bone to the folks on PS5 who already bought the game (and at a higher price point) Sony.

Yeah I feel like at the very least the PS5 version should get a patch to support these new features as well. It may have to take a resolution hit in some areas and we know peak framerate would be lower, but it shouldn't be hard to optimize the features for that version of the game.

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Top Bottom