• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure | PC Version Thread

Midn1ght

Ok I give up trying to guess, which game is SOT?
Sauce of Tsushima
I9gGW.gif

It's a good game on PS5 but definitely overpriced at £49.99 on Steam/PC. Thankfully, you can pick up this game for just under £34.00 on CDKeys.com which is a much fairer price for this niche title. I fear that the £50 asking price on Steam is going to result in fairly low sales for this game. We'll see, I guess.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
According to PC specs it clearly won't feature optimization. Let's see if this proves me wrong.

Calling it right now. The emulated version of Bayonetta 3 will run better than this game.
GTX 1060 again for 30fps while it runs at 60 on PS4. -_-'

Killer8

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/sackboy-a-big-adventure-pc-geforce-game-ready-driver/
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/29/sackboy-a-big-adventure-is-coming-to-pc-on-october-27/

Sackboy: A Big Adventure will features the followings on PC
  • 4K with target @ 120 FPS
  • Deep Learning Super Sampling 2
  • Variable Refresh Rate
  • Wide Screen (including 21:9)
  • Support for whole bunch of peripherals (Mouse & keyboard)
  • customization options
  • Full support for DualSense controller including haptic feedback & dynamic trigger effects
  • achievements & cloud saves
  • ray-traced reflections
  • ray-traced shadows
  • ray-traced ambient occlusion effects

I like that Sony is not afraid to fully lean into PC features like RTX. They could've left it out for fear of making the PS5 version look inferior, yet here they are on the cutting edge.

CamHostage

Why would you port Sackboy over Returnal or GoT...or Bloodborne......why Sony?

For all of the reasons mentioned about about it being very good and being a popular franchise and about it being a UE4 game instead of a lot of custom engine work to convert, but also, because "you" wouldn't have to port it. Sumo Digital made the original and likely handled their own port (or one of its sibling studios in Sumo Group) for Sony to publish.

Last edited:
It's such great fun. A bit jerky on cutscenes - but omg what fun. Dual Sense doesn't seem to have the haptics but speaker works etc.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sackboy demands concentration, and it’s familiar to a Mario or crash game but has technical changes and different qualities that pc gamers will understand quickly.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Seems like it's a good port? How surprising isn't his ends up being a better port than all other Sony games.

I wish they had cross save and I'd probs double dip.

Midn1ght

Seems like a good port indeed. I'll be able to max out everything at 1440p with RT and Quality DLSS on my 3060 Ti or even 4K with DLSS on Performance.

Sony keeps on delivering!

Bonus:
This is my 1000th post on GAF, it's the 100th thread post...
Proud The Karate Kid GIF

...in my 9th thread.
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom