• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saudi Arabia increases stake in Electronic Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Man I normally hate backseat modding but I would clean this thread out something fierce. Wonder why these idiots here are posting on a Western forum about Western media if we are so evil and Saudi Arabia so utopian.

Last edited:

DareDaniel

Banned
You see no issue with state sanctioned assassination of journalists?
I didn't say that I don't see any issue. I just asked what your point was so that I can try to figure out how it relates to Saudi Arabia increasing its stake in EA.

Man I normally hate backseat modding but I would clean this thread out something fierce. Wonder why these idiots here are posting on a Western forum about Western media if we are so evil and Saudi Arabia so utopian.
No one said that " Western media is evil and Saudi Arabia is utopian." You came to this topic spreading lies about women sports in Saudi Arabia and got mad that someone didn't align with your ignorant world view. Better to block everyone you don't agree with if you can't handle opposite opinions based on facts you fucking idiot.

EA sports

H6T1.gif

its in the game
I'll take that over the alphabet lunatics any day of the week.

kurisu_1974

I didn't say that I don't see any issue. I just asked what your point was so that I can try to figure out how it relates to Saudi Arabia increasing its stake in EA.

No one said that " Western media is evil and Saudi Arabia is utopian." You came to this topic spreading lies about women sports in Saudi Arabia and got mad that someone didn't align with your ignorant world view. Better to block everyone you don't agree with if you can't handle opposite opinions based on facts you fucking idiot.

Someone shilling for a religious dictatorship, calling other people ignorant, just because the laws got a bit more lenient like 5 years ago from absolute terror to a little less terror :D

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It might shock you in your little world’s bubble but many participants here on GAF are from Saudi Arabia. Of course they don’t want their country to be stupidly bashed over someone who’s only knowledge of Saudi Arabia is Hollywood and fake news.
Is it fake news that being gay is still outlawed over there? Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

You can bash my country I don't care, I didn't start it or run it. The fact that you guys are so childishly defensive is proof in itself I guess.

DareDaniel

Banned
Someone shilling for a religious dictatorship, calling other people ignorant, just because the laws got a bit more lenient like 5 years ago from absolute terror to a little less terror :D
Debunking your lies about women sports with a simple and quick google search =/= shilling for Saudi Arabia.

kurisu_1974

We have other definitions about lies I guess. If you think it is normal that women couldn't attend or participate in sports until about 10 years ago I don't know why you are posting on western media.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
You do realize SA have a 0.83 crime rate per 100K compared to over 6 in the US right People don’t get shot randomly in the streets or schools here. That’s the real horror.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
You can bash my country I don't care, I didn't start it or run it. The fact that you guys are so childishly defensive is proof in itself I guess.

It makes me think, any modern day free nation knows their country is essentially shit, theres a sliding scale, but everyone knows about the dark little corners of it.

Legitimately losing your head (ho ho see what I did there?) Over people making fun of your country assassinating journalists for asking hard questions is insane. At least Russian's would have left the body in bathtub bagged and then say "it was obviously suicide" and we can all knowingly have a laugh.

It shows that people arnt really free to think negatively about things, something I can and do about my own home.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

You do realize SA have a 0.83 crime rate per 100K compared to over 6 in the US right People don’t get shot randomly in the streets or schools here. That’s the real horror.

Holy strawman. Learn to argue before... err... arguing. I'm not even from the US ffs.

DareDaniel

Banned
We have other definitions about lies I guess. If you think it is normal that women couldn't attend or participate in sports until about 10 years ago I don't know why you are posting on western media.
I never said that it's "normal that women couldn't attend or participate in sports until about 10 years ago I don't know why you are posting on western media."

You said that women were forced to used hijab in sports and I gave you a video of a football match of women playing for Saudi Arabia teamnot using hijabs. You also said that no men were watching that match in the stadium in a different pic, yet the video shows that most people watching the match were men. You also shared a picture of an athelete from Saudi Arabia competing in the 2016 olympics, yet you didn't share any proof that she was forced to use the hijab.

kurisu_1974

And I gave you pictures where they were wearing one. And free will is a fickle thing if you are brainwashed by religion and under constant peer pressure so I'm going out on a limb and tell you that I'm sure it wasn't free choice as it should be.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yep. When have a hate mongering religious government who will kill you for dissent you tend to fall in line.
Not sure if I cant detect the sarcasm or if your being truthful.

You would probably find yourself in jail pretty quick though if you go around insulting the king or shitting on Islam in SA.

So a journalist got killed... what's your point?
Assassination is an important part of statecraft and has been since the beginning of human civilization. The USA just likes to pretend we don't do it and then act like the rest of the third world savages are assassination happy and need us intervention.

I for one am ok with this stake acquisition, but publicly traded companies are one of the dumbest inventions in history. Trade national sovereignty and national intellectual property for money from other countries.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

Arguing with people who think giving children puberty blockers is a good idea is a waste of time IMO

You understand that living in a country doesn't mean subscribing to the policies or trends of said country? You should try forming an independent thought some day.

Yeah but do they kill journalists
Not sure, if it happens it happens in the dark and by the very nature of things we would not know.

If we delve into various corporations that act in accordance with the USA and exist within the sphere of us commerce law, I would say absolutely. I know of one man who's favorite horse was shot through the heart and who's house was burned down after doing research into a particular fda approved food additive. He doesn't investigate any more.

I mean, sure, but isnt this a whataboutism.

Isnt this thread about SA and not about USA (which also sucks)
If it pivots ea away from adding more of the message into every game then I am all for it. I don't particularly care about their national policies, though you are spot on about the whataboutism, which I am guilty of.

MMaRsu

Banned
If it pivots ea away from adding more of the message into every game then I am all for it. I don't particularly care about their national policies, though you are spot on about the whataboutism, which I am guilty of.
All good man. A lot of people here bring up the US. Not being from there I can only sympathize, a lot of that country is an absolute dangerous shithole.

Having never been to either country I maybe shouldnt speak on them, but from a distance neither country looks like a great place to live.

Electronic Arts be like:
4wS00o.gif

We getting Arabb moneyyy!!! We getting Arabb moneyy!!!

Also, once again look at the virtue signalling from people who couldn't point to the Middle East on a map to save their lives.
Your point about the headscarf was rebutted and I'm pretty sure nobody called Saudi a "utopia" or the West evil. Also, Belguim lol, when I think of the great nations who built Europa I think of Roman roads, Greek democracy, German engineering and Spanish galleons. Then there's the little brothers who want to hang around the big dogs and say "we're cool too right?" as they seek European glory, just enjoy that pissing cherub of yours and educate yourself on matters you know little about.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the government in the middle east, but it's amusing that some hang their hat on policies from 10 years ago...lol. Change over a short period of time should be applauded. I mean every country in the history of this planet had atrocious policies and once they changed....was the response "oh look what they did just 10 years ago"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom