• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 will be released at the end of 2023, Avowed will launch in 2024 – Rumour

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Avowed.jpg

According to an insider, Avowed was originally scheduled for release in late 2023, but the game was pushed back to 2024 so as not to conflict with the premiere of Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II , which is due out in late 2023 .

Earlier, Sn0w1n reported that there is a discussion within Microsoft about whether to release Hellblade 2 and Avowed two to three months apart in the last months of 2023, or postpone one of them until 2024. In the end, the second option was chosen.

Windows Central also confirmed rumors that Redfall , another Xbox console exclusive, is indeed scheduled for release in Spring 2023 . Arkane Austin ‘s vampire shooter will be released in the first week of May, and pre-orders of the premium edition will receive early access to the game, sources said.

Ronin_7

Banned
Invest on PC gaming, if you dont have it. Especially if you are a VR guy.
I don't have space for a PC, I work from Home to a multi billion company & the set up has took my whole office... That's where i would put a PC but now it's impossible.

I would build a PC 100%.

Pelta88

When you read the article and find out that the "insider" is based in Spain but claims to have knowledge of Microsoft's internal deliberations which took place in Redmond, Washington...

And then remember that it's the first day of 2023 and your New Years forum resolution, is to pay zero attention to these fake insiders...

Then realize the actual message this XBOX insider is pushing is that essentially you need to wait another year... Like all the early rumours of every previous year

giphy.gif

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
When you read the article and find out that the insider is based in Spain but claims to have knowledge of Microsoft's internal deliberations which took place in Redmond, Washington... And then remember it's the first day of 2023

giphy.gif
You know my uncle works with phil spencer right?
That is the vibe i get from these leakers.

feynoob

Banned
I don't have space for a PC, I work from Home to a multi billion company & the set up has took my whole office... That's where i would put a PC but now it's impossible.

I would build a PC 100%.
Do you have a basement?
If you do, you can set up space for your entertainment.

Kokoloko85

I liked Hellblade and 2nd one will probably be better but cant stand looking at her face and mouth animations. Them bloody gummy teeth too.

anthony2690

Banned
Give me Avowed and delay hellblade 2 instead please.

I feel like the only xbox owner not excited for hellblade 2, maybe trying it out will change my mind, but I didn't enjoy the first very much.
(Combat & puzzles were just not good & I honestly can't remember the story at all)

I'd love to see Ninja Theory revisit Enslaved instead, absolutely loved that game.

Last edited:

Banned

I would build a PC 100%.

mini ITX Case
mini ITX Motherboard
Intel i5
RTX 3070 dual fan model
Xbox SX Controller
cheap All-In-One keyboard with touch pad

connect that up to your TV like a console through HDMI.

edit:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j7RkrD
better performance than both consoles, slightly bigger than a Series X

alternatively with a 3060ti
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kyWbH2
basically on par in raster performance as the consoles (slightly better or worse depending on the game), still shits all over both in terms of Raytracing, but slightly cheaper than going with a 3070

Last edited:

MikeM

I would build a PC 100%.
Run it to your TV. That is what I did. My PC is basically a bigger console. And a far more powerful one 🤷‍♂️

Ozriel

M$FT
Then realize the actual message this XBOX insider is pushing is that essentially you need to wait another year... Like all the early rumours of every previous year

giphy.gif

You have to wait another year to play a game in 2023? 😀

Agree that these ‘insiders’ don’t know shit.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Microsoft should be able to deliver an amazing year with..

..redfall
Forza
Starfield
Hellblade 2

And all the other sprinkles of gems on gamepass through out the year.

Yeah that would be a banger.

I've got big hopes for hellblade 2, I expect it to have been elevated to a true triple A game. Or at least I hope so.

Robb

Gold Member
That’d be great! Late 2023 sounds about right for Hellblade 2.

Last edited:

Jennings

I'm not interested in Hellblade since the first game had very poor combat sequences and basically amounted to some chick's extended psychotic break in high res, but Avowed has certainly got my interest and 2024 can't come soon enough. And although it's not one of my more anticipated games, I am looking forward to Avowed a lot more than Starfield.

Ozriel

M$FT
I've got big hopes for hellblade 2, I expect it to have been elevated to a true triple A game. Or at least I hope so.

the budget was significantly increased for Hellblade 2

I'm not interested in Hellblade since the first game had very poor combat sequences and basically amounted to some chick's extended psychotic break in high res,

Revamping the combat is one of the key improvements they’re pushing for the sequel.

feynoob

Banned
If anyone wants some serious discussion about this topic, it's better to wait for Xbox new event.
We should be able to get some dates for certain games.
Then e3 of this year should have announcement for their next 6 month.

I think, whether they admit it or not, everyone knows Microsoft is going to get this right sooner or later. I can see them getting their release schedule to a point where they are making strategic decisions on holding something back by choice, not because they have to - because they have more than enough titles to fill the calendar.

No idea if this rumour is legit, but if it’s not this time it will be at some point soon.

And just for the record, I couldn’t get through the first Hellblade, so hoping the second is a lot better.

fatmarco

It's pretty outrageous that Microsoft announced Hellblade 2 with the Xbox Series X in 2019, and it's still not out, nor does it seem like it ever was close to being released in the first 2-3 years of the consoles lifespan.

But then again, this is Xbox we're talking about.

Last edited:
It's pretty outrageous that Microsoft announced Hellblade 2 with the Xbox Series X in 2019, and it's still not out, nor does it seem like it ever was close to being released in the first 2-3 years of the consoles lifespan.

Unreal engine 5 is also supposed to be defacto engine this gen. Only now we got a game from engine developer themselves.

Most of the Dev's are abandoning their own engines cause it's apparently hard to do in house.

So i would say it's in line with other proper next gen titles.

Rumors aside, if something had to get pushed for timing reasons I'd rather have the RPG than the Keighley-bait '3rd Person Action Adventure with Stealth Elements'.

midnightAI

Unreal engine 5 is also supposed to be defacto engine this gen. Only now we got a game from engine developer themselves.

Most of the Dev's are abandoning their own engines cause it's apparently hard to do in house.

So i would say it's in line with other proper next gen titles.
Defacto in what way though? Unreal Engine 4 was used a lot last gen doesnt mean it was the best engine for all purposes (and Epic have been using their game engine for their own games forever so not sure what you mean about 'Only now we got a game from engine developer themselves' unless I am reading it wrong?)

Of course it is hard to make your own engine, but that doesnt mean that in house engines are going away any time soon and there will be engines out there that can do certain things better than UE5 and better suit the dev studio in terms of workflow etc. So I wouldnt say 'most' devs are abandoning their own engines, I've certainly not seen much evidence to show that.

Defacto in what way though? Unreal Engine 4 was used a lot last gen doesnt mean it was the best engine for all purposes (and Epic have been using their game engine for their own games forever so not sure what you mean about 'Only now we got a game from engine developer themselves' unless I am reading it wrong?)

Of course it is hard to make your own engine, but that doesnt mean that in house engines are going away any time soon and there will be engines out there that can do certain things better than UE5 and better suit the dev studio in terms of workflow etc. So I wouldnt say 'most' devs are abandoning their own engines, I've certainly not seen much evidence to show that.

CD Project went UE engine, from top of my head.

Sure there are other engines that would be better at some tasks.

But all next gen engines and games are delayed. That's the point.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

It's outrageous a game is taking 3 years to make?

DaGwaphics

Seems as much like a random guess as inside information. But these games will get released at some point, so, there is that to look forward to. HB2 in 2023 would be amazing considering what they already have in the pipeline for 2023. GP members will be eating good, to be sure.

midnightAI

CD Project went UE engine, from top of my head.

Sure there are other engines that would be better at some tasks.

But all next gen engines and games are delayed. That's the point.
Well game engines just evolve over time, take Insomniac Engine for example, that is a true next gen engine but at the same time is just an evolution of their PS4 engine. The next gen game engines (or rather updates to existing engines) will have already been done for a majority of the main engines (UE, Unity, Frostbite, Snowdrop, Decima, Insomniac Engine etc.) so it's up to the developers to utilise those and release their games. I don't think many game engines will have delayed the release of next gen games so much as the developers themselves are just taking their time getting them ready especially as there was no rush this time with all game systems being backwards compatible hence cross gen games (which is something people forget when mentioning that this gen is slower to get going, last gen the PS4 was not compatible with the PS3 so Sony's devs at least were forced to go next gen only, in fact this is the first time a Sony console is proper backwards compatible due to same/similar architecture)

So it isn't true that all next gen engines and games are delayed, they can't be, we have had some next gen games already released that weren't delayed.

anthony2690

Banned
That would be a kickass year. Hellblade 2 would be nice, but I'm with anthony2690 anthony2690 in that I'm not as enthused about that one as I am the others. Having said that, I'm hoping MS funds have enabled Ninja Theory to improve their gameplay development.
I remember really enjoying the gameplay to Enslaved, Hellblade just felt like a huge step backwards to me in gameplay, story and puzzles.

Does Bandai Namco or Microsoft own the IP?

Zuzu

They gotta massively change the gameplay of Hellblade 2 for me to play it. Turn it into a God of War style action game please. I probably won’t play if its gameplay is like Hellblade 1.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I remember really enjoying the gameplay to Enslaved, Hellblade just felt like a huge step backwards to me in gameplay, story and puzzles.

Does Bandai Namco or Microsoft own the IP?

Xbox Game Studios is publishing so I would assume MS obtained the rights when they acquired Ninja Theory.

Top Bottom