• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 will be released at the end of 2023, Avowed will launch in 2024 – Rumour

Kagey K

Banned
We all like different things and graphics aren’t everything. I think that’s horizons problem. Looks really good but is boring.

Hopefully avowed turns out good.
That's the thing, I know ppl like to give MS shit about the state of some of thier releases, but they really do support the studios after the games launch (Sea of Thieves, Grounded, We Happy Few, State of Decay)

These games keep people playing long after launch because they keep adding new stuff, instead of coming out getting that day 1 burn and dying soon after.

It's 2 different approaches, but I appreciate the one that can keep me coming back to a game I liked.

Filben

You hear next to nothing about Avowed. No way this is gonna be in 2023. Hellblade 2 is possible, but given that we had only one teaser cinematic and one half-cinematic-half-gameplay trailer months ago, a late 2023 or even 2024 release is more likely.

Kagey K

Banned
You hear next to nothing about Avowed. No way this is gonna be in 2023. Hellblade 2 is possible, but given that we had only one teaser cinematic and one half-cinematic-half-gameplay trailer months ago, a late 2023 or even 2024 release is more likely.
If they show them too early it's bad, if they keep them under wraps it's bad.

GenericUser

I don't give a shit about hellblade. They can cancel that trash, I wouldn't give a single fuck. Avowed looks better, but obsidion really has to prove themselves after the outer worlds.

Filben

if they keep them under wraps it's bad.
I can only speak for myself but I prefer keeping things under wraps until you really have something. I care little about animated title teasers, announcements of announcements, and cinematics. Give me gameplay I can take as reliable, that is gameplay like 6 months before release so I know this is not gameplay exclusively faked for a convention or deceptive marketing but genuine gameplay.

I don't say it's bad we know little about Avowed. It's just a sensible observation, by experience how this industry usually works, that I think a release in 2023 is unlikely. Or about Hellblade 2, too, in that regard if it going to be released 2024.

Which is fine by me. I don't get hyped anymore insofar I literally can't wait for a release. There's so many games I have no issues with games taking their time (unless it's some shady early access / kickstarter deals where people pay upfront, but this is a different topic).

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A good chunk of posters on this forum recently gave thumbs up to a post claiming that pushing "cinematic linear" games like this one were doing "damage to the industry". That energy is missing here though.

Will Smith Reaction GIF
Bobby Cannavale Homecoming Tv GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Jaybe

I thought Hellblade 2 was already out. Is the sequel 100 times bigger than the original? Why is it taking so long?
They are basically trying to make a movie it seems. Everything on their Twitter is about realism and mocap and camera effects. 🥱

Anyone who didn't like Hellblade... I mean, you're fully entitled to your opinion.

But, I must say, your opinion is drunk.

And to the person who said Hellblade 1 had QTEs; thanks for telling us you never actually played the game.

Top Bottom