• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 will be released at the end of 2023, Avowed will launch in 2024 – Rumour

anthony2690

Banned
Xbox Game Studios is publishing so I would assume MS obtained the rights when they acquired Ninja Theory.
I hope so, would love it if they revisted the IP one day :)

I can understand what you’re saying of gameplay and puzzles, but story? Hellblade had one of the best stories ever portrayed in gaming.
I honestly can't remember much about the story I genuinely found it forgettable.
But I guess everyone enjoys different things :)

Don’t get me wrong hellblade 2 looks like the most graphically impressive game ever - but if the gameplay is anything like the first it’s gonna be super niche and not for me. Avowed should be prioritized

Dolodolo

Avowed.jpg

According to an insider, Avowed was originally scheduled for release in late 2023, but the game was pushed back to 2024 so as not to conflict with the premiere of Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II , which is due out in late 2023 .

Earlier, Sn0w1n reported that there is a discussion within Microsoft about whether to release Hellblade 2 and Avowed two to three months apart in the last months of 2023, or postpone one of them until 2024. In the end, the second option was chosen.

Windows Central also confirmed rumors that Redfall , another Xbox console exclusive, is indeed scheduled for release in Spring 2023 . Arkane Austin ‘s vampire shooter will be released in the first week of May, and pre-orders of the premium edition will receive early access to the game, sources said.

[/URL]

A random dude on twitter that no one had ever heard of before said something and many made the news
HAHAHAHA

Not that enthusiastic about Hellblade II, despite it looking superb...I don't know, I've got yet to like a NT game. Avowed, on the other hand, is a project that I can not wait to watch footage, and read impressions of. That one, given the pedigree of the developer, could very well tick the GOTY contender box.

xrnzaaas

With Hellblade 2 it would actually be better if the studio wasn't rushed. As much as I love Hellblade 1 that game had stuff like repetitive environmental puzzles and my friend actually dropped the game because of them despite my recommendations to see it through to the end.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I will give Hellblade 2 a shot because of Game Pass but like others have expressed, I was not a fan of the first one.

According to an insider, Avowed was originally scheduled for release in late 2023, but the game was pushed back to 2024 so as not to conflict with the premiere of Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II , which is due out in late 2023 .

Earlier, Sn0w1n reported that there is a discussion within Microsoft about whether to release Hellblade 2 and Avowed two to three months apart in the last months of 2023, or postpone one of them until 2024. In the end, the second option was chosen.

I doubt that is why Avowed would be pushed to 2024. If so, dumb since they are different genres and Xbox needs games. Frankly, it would piss me off if this is the only reason they pushed it back. I have much more interest in Avowed than I do Hellblade 2.

johnjohn

When you read the article and find out that the "insider" is based in Spain but claims to have knowledge of Microsoft's internal deliberations which took place in Redmond, Washington...

And then remember that it's the first day of 2023 and your New Years forum resolution, is to pay zero attention to these fake insiders...

Then realize the actual message this XBOX insider is pushing is that essentially you need to wait another year... Like all the early rumours of every previous year

giphy.gif
Wait another year for what? 2023 is stacked and 2024 is likely going to be the same. It's been around 5 years now since MS started buying all its studios, so the games are finally getting ready to release.

Kvally

Banned
It's pretty outrageous that Microsoft announced Hellblade 2 with the Xbox Series X in 2019, and it's still not out, nor does it seem like it ever was close to being released in the first 2-3 years of the consoles lifespan.

But then again, this is Xbox we're talking about.
True. But they all do it.

I think Age of empires, Forza, Star field, and Red fall will be out this year. However, Hell blade 2 will be next year along with Avowed and maybe an ID software game like Doom or Quake.

Starfield, Redfall and HB2 is a decent line up...id assume there would be smaller games in there which MS has been good at using to fill out the year. Give avowed as much time as it needs.

Pedro Motta

I’m so hyped for this linear walking simulator cinematic experience that is Hellblade 2. This is The Order 1886 for the Xbox.

MOTM

Banned

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A good chunk of posters on this forum recently gave thumbs up to a post claiming that pushing "cinematic linear" games like this one were doing "damage to the industry". That energy is missing here though.

Will Smith Reaction GIF
I am going to be honest here but I loved these games for a while but have gotten bored with them last couple of years

I find myself not paying attention to the stories and wanting to play other games

Topher

Gold Member
I am going to be honest here but I loved these games for a while but have gotten bored with them last couple of years

I find myself not paying attention to the stories and wanting to play other games

Sure....plenty of folks here never liked cinematic games at all. Nothing wrong with that. I'm talking about this notion that these cinematic games, such as Hellblade, are "damaging the industry".

This is the post I'm talking about

acm2000

mini ITX Case
mini ITX Motherboard
Intel i5
RTX 3070 dual fan model
Xbox SX Controller
cheap All-In-One keyboard with touch pad

connect that up to your TV like a console through HDMI.

edit:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j7RkrD
better performance than both consoles, slightly bigger than a Series X

alternatively with a 3060ti
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kyWbH2
basically on par in raster performance as the consoles (slightly better or worse depending on the game), still shits all over both in terms of Raytracing, but slightly cheaper than going with a 3070
wait so a pc that costs 3 times as much is more powerful?!? just face facts, a lot of people desire the ease of consoles, it really means fuck all to you so dont take offence to it :LOL:

Topher

Gold Member
wait so a pc that costs 3 times as much is more powerful?!? just face facts, a lot of people desire the ease of consoles, it really means fuck all to you so dont take offence to it :LOL:

That wasn't about ease of use or power but demonstrating that a gaming PC doesn't necessarily have to take a lot of space.

When you read the article and find out that the "insider" is based in Spain but claims to have knowledge of Microsoft's internal deliberations which took place in Redmond, Washington...

And then remember that it's the first day of 2023 and your New Years forum resolution, is to pay zero attention to these fake insiders...

Then realize the actual message this XBOX insider is pushing is that essentially you need to wait another year... Like all the early rumours of every previous year

giphy.gif
That was my initial observation too, but then I realised that Jez Corden & Krobrille which are based in the UK & Germany respectively (nowhere near Redmond, WA), also call themselves insiders. So at this stage, we cannot really trust anyone who self proclaims themselves as an insider. Moat(a twitter clown) also calls himself an insider, even though he has absolutely no solid track record to speak of. Insiders don't really exist anymore, they're just clowns who make stuff up at random for attention.

supernova8

Banned
It's pretty outrageous that Microsoft announced Hellblade 2 with the Xbox Series X in 2019, and it's still not out, nor does it seem like it ever was close to being released in the first 2-3 years of the consoles lifespan.

But then again, this is Xbox we're talking about.
This is why Xbox's current gen output irritates me. Hellblade 2 was (at the time and arguably still is since we haven't seen anything concrete for Avowed, Perfect Dark, Fable etc.) the only next-gen looking title they showed and yet it's nowhere to be found. The initial reveal in 2019 was clearly bullshot considering the re-reveal with actual gameplay and the gameplay itself didn't look particularly exciting.

I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if Hellblade 2 misses 2023 completely.

Godot25

Banned
Yeah.
Having Starfield, Redfall, GhostWire (Xbox port), that Hi-Fi Tango game, Forza Motorsport, ARA, Age of Empires console ports, Minecraft Legends and Hellblade II in one year? Sign me the fuck up.

Sure....plenty of folks here never liked cinematic games at all. Nothing wrong with that. I'm talking about this notion that these cinematic games, such as Hellblade, are "damaging the industry".

This is the post I'm talking about
It was a hyperbolic response to a hyperbolic anti-Xbox thread. No game genre hurts the industry obviously and neither does the Xbox platform.

No matter when these games release I hope they are quality titles.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It was a hyperbolic response to a hyperbolic anti-Xbox thread. No game genre hurts the industry obviously and neither does the Xbox platform.

No matter when these games release I hope they are quality titles.

I agree. Shit response to a shit thread.

Camreezie

The head of xbox game studios should be sacked for the mismanagement of the first party output. Hellblade 2 has been shown for three years . Their output this gen so far has been abysmal.

Having said that Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop i greatly enjoyed

johnjohn

The head of xbox game studios should be sacked for the mismanagement of the first party output. Hellblade 2 has been shown for three years . Their output this gen so far has been abysmal.

Having said that Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop i greatly enjoyed

They started their acquisition spree around 5 years ago.. The games are coming. In fact, it looks like the wait is over in 2023, all thanks to the current head of Xbox convincing MS to go all in on gaming.

cripterion

Sounds fake. These games don't even compete with each other and Xbox needs to release all the games it can pronto.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Give me Avowed and delay hellblade 2 instead please.

I feel like the only xbox owner not excited for hellblade 2, maybe trying it out will change my mind, but I didn't enjoy the first very much.
(Combat & puzzles were just not good & I honestly can't remember the story at all)

I'd love to see Ninja Theory revisit Enslaved instead, absolutely loved that game.
You are not alone, I could care less about Hellblade but I am waiting for some sort of avowed news.

Corndog

Banned

giphy.gif
Really. You pay zero attention to fake insiders.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fable-has-been-restarted-internally-rumor.1649129/#post-267261299

Corndog

Banned
Not that enthusiastic about Hellblade II, despite it looking superb...I don't know, I've got yet to like a NT game. Avowed, on the other hand, is a project that I can not wait to watch footage, and read impressions of. That one, given the pedigree of the developer, could very well tick the GOTY contender box.
We all like different things and graphics aren’t everything. I think that’s horizons problem. Looks really good but is boring.

Hopefully avowed turns out good.

Top Bottom