• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of The Erdtree has surpassed Witcher 3: Blood & Wine for the highest rated DLC of all time

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
shadow-of-the-erdtree-the-witcher-3s-blood-and-wine.jpg

With the reviews pouring in, it’s a moment of pride and excitement for the gaming community as FromSoftware’s highly anticipated Elden Ring expansion, Shadow of the Erdtree, has already soared to the top, becoming the highest-rated DLC of all time. According to Metacritic, Shadow of the Erdtree has secured an impressive Metascore of 95, based on 56 critic reviews at the time of writing.

This remarkable achievement is a testament to this expansion’s quality and anticipation. The broader audience can experience this triumph on June 21, 2024, when the user scores start rolling in. The top spot was previously held by The Witcher 3’s DLC, Blood and Wine, with a Metascore of 92.

The anticipation and excitement surrounding the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion is palpable, to the extent that even the original author of the Elden Ring manga, Nikiichi Tobita, is taking a break to play the DLC. Tobita recently shared on X (formerly Twitter) that the manga’s latest episode, ‘ELDEN RING’, The Road to the Golden Tree Episode 45, has been updated. He also announced a ‘hiatus’ to fully immerse himself in the Elden Ring DLC. This level of excitement from the manga creators themselves is a testament to the thrill and anticipation that awaits the players.

Via Insider Gaming

So it also beat Tears of the Kingdom?

The only true high quality gaming developer left. 0 misses.

Praise be.
Feel like Nintendo EPD is pretty dang good but certainly I see you and I hear you.

But like Pikmin 4 just came out of nowhere and slapped me across the face. It is like fcking crack. For real tho. Amazing game

Last edited:
Top Bottom