• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 4 |OT| - Did You Miss Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1kkZ

without spoilers: better, worse or on the same level as last week?

cant watch until tomorrow but last weeks episode was by far the worst (to me). so if that continues, i rather dont waste my time (and money).

Kalor

without spoilers: better, worse or on the same level as last week?

cant watch until tomorrow but last weeks episode was by far the worst (to me). so if that continues, i rather dont waste my time (and money).

So far it is drastically better than the first episode.

Cronen

Culverton Smith mentioned the serial killer H. H. Holmes a few times. A serial killer who built a hotel to commit his murders in. Holmes was the subject on an episode of Lore, a fantastic podcast series about horror/thriller stories. Definitely worth a listen. Fascinating stuff. Link here

nOoblet16

I need a recap of this episode just to understand the motivations for everyone lol. Everyone has such convoluted motivations in Sherlock and they achieve it by going about the most complicated way.

That reveal was I donno how I feel about that.

iFirez

My favourite episode in years, really really enjoyed it. Far better than I expected after the disappointing taste last weeks episode left in my mouth. That ending too, damn!

THAT was the Sherlock I love. So good. Toby Jones was fucking incredible.

That reveal at the end was great but I hope it pays off in the finale.

I don't understand how lasts weeks was so mehhhhhhh and this weeks was so good.

The difference is absurd.

And yeah bad guy was basically Saville but I was totally down with that.

Great episode.

There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter, Watson, and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less and a cleaner, better stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.

Lucreto

This Sherlock villain is terrifying.

His teeth were terrifying

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I liked last week's episode more. This one had a great villain alright but this week's felt like a filler episode. But the ending saved it.

empyrean

Love the references to "hiding in plain sight" - the whole time they were hinting to the audience about a secret hiding in plain sight.

Eumi

Damn.

Damn!

I won't lie. I went in wanting to hate this. I think it might actually have been my favourite episode. I'm a sucker for that gimmick so that might be clouding my judgement but still.

I mean, it wasn't a mystery, but it had all the key elements. Just gotta hope the next episode is as good.

Edit: also the whole celebrity villain is a great idea for this show. Us brits tend to have an issue with that but I can't think of many other shows exploring it.

Kathian

Banned
Belgravia and Game are only in front for me. That was brilliant. I've been laughing for 90 mins at the people who thought one bad EP was the entire show.

Heartfyre

I'm mostly sick of unreliable narrators in fiction, so that first half-hour was unpleasant viewing for me. Actually, I can't say I enjoyed the episode much as a viewing experience at all. However, in hindsight, seeing the narrative in its entirety, it was an undeniably good episode. I'm just not much of a fan of the format of the storytelling, even if it was necessary to tell the story they were telling.

VegiHam

Ok so that was excellent.

Couple of points though: was that twist at the end obvious to people who can see faces? I mean it took me by surprise but I can only do hair and voices anyway. Also, it was kinda obvious Sherrinford wasn't gunna be as expected cus John guessed it so fast; but what, therefore, is Sherrinford? Is it a place or something?

TrueBlue

Exposition Mary was necessary in the context of the episode. She embodies both the self-loathing and his desire to be the man she thought he was.

It's fitting that she disappears when he realises this. Hopefully they stick to that, so as to not rob his "confession" of its dramatic weight.

I think this episode was great. Probably the best Moffat has been in ages.

Watched it all, but one thing I cant work out is at the start we saw the daughter writing that letter with Toby Jones, so how does that come into play?
Did Sherringford get hold of it somehow? Or is this something we expect to be explained next week?

Ok so that was excellent.

Couple of points though: was that twist at the end obvious to people who can see faces? I mean it took me by surprise but I can only do hair and voices anyway. Also, it was kinda obvious Sherrinford wasn't gunna be as expected cus John guessed it so fast; but what, therefore, is Sherrinford? Is it a place or something?

After the real Faith came into the morgue and she said they'd never met it clicked. I thought they'd re-introduce the lady John met on the bus and I'd remembered that the fake Faith and her looked familar The psychiatrist didn't really click until she came back at the end of the episode.

Sherrinford was a name Arthur Conan Doyle originally considered before he decided on Sherlock. It seems to be the codename they were using for Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom