• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should life be simpler to navigate?

CGNoire

To be honest alot of parents are crap and schools do not prioritize money management or life skills....

...that being said there shrill voices made me want to cut my ears off.

Last edited:

Durien

So I think it is getting much better from my (get off my lawn) days. My son is a junior in high school. They are offering classes at his high school called Finance. It isn't just about how to manage your finances, it is also about credit cards, what the numbers mean, loans, what those numbers mean and even how to file taxes. It was surprising for him to come home one day and ask me about W2s and filling taxes and such. It is good to see them giving guidance to real life issues.

StueyDuck

The belief of "the iPad generation is gonna be sooooo intelligent" is backfiring pretty hard-core.

If you are newer parent with toddlers or younger kids. Don't raise your kids with the internet, it very clearly raises kids on a spectrum.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I dont have health insurance at the moment either. Last time I went to a clinic they didn’t accept my employer sponsored coverage because it wasn’t “in the network”. So I just paid fully out of pocket. The other time I was sick I made sure to go to the primary care physician listed on my insurance but had to schedule an appointment 2 months in advance because he was booked. How helpful. Also during early covid I remember trying the tele-med thing and the guy I was talkin to was Indian and could barely speak English. (Very smart guy Im sure, but I would at least need to be in the room with him to communicate. Phonecall just didnt work.).

I’ll enroll in a plan by the end of this year just for peace of mind but our system is so broken.

GMCamaro

There will never be solutions to the problems humanity is willing to subject itself to. Every significant stumbling block humanity now faces was placed there by humanity itself.

Just, better luck next time. Hopefully what comes after us won’t be a miserable disappointment.

Amory

I see reactions to this saying "WELL IT'S THE US SYSTEM THAT'S BROKEN IT'S TOO COMPLICATED!"

it's not that fucking complicated. Do a google search for 'how do I get health insurance' and do 5 minutes of research and you'll figure it out. Or don't and deal with the consequences if/when you get hurt or sick.

People just refuse to take any responsibility for themselves.

I dont have health insurance at the moment either. Last time I went to a clinic they didn’t accept my employer sponsored coverage because it wasn’t “in the network”. So I just paid fully out of pocket. The other time I was sick I made sure to go to the primary care physician listed on my insurance but had to schedule an appointment 2 months in advance because he was booked. How helpful. Also during early covid I remember trying the tele-med thing and the guy I was talkin to was Indian and could barely speak English. (Very smart guy Im sure, but I would at least need to be in the room with him to communicate. Phonecall just didnt work.).

I’ll enroll in a plan by the end of this year just for peace of mind but our system is so broken.

I'm not going to pretend that the US system is great, it's not. But as far as wait times and telehealth issues, that's worldwide. There's more demand than supply and in countries with a universal system you're typically going to wait even longer than with the US system. And telehealth just sucks full stop.

In any case, you really should get health insurance because one absolutely valid criticism in the US is the ridiculous costs. One accident or illness can fuck your whole financial life up. It's worth taking the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom