• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Showtime to give Xbox games to new subscribers

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Cable movie operator Showtime Networks said on Tuesday it will give away games for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox video game console throughout the summer to its new subscribers. ADVERTISEMENT

Showtime, a unit of Viacom Inc. , said people who sign up during the promotional period will get either two free Xbox games or one game and a starter kit with 12-month subscription to the Xbox Live online gaming service.

The deal is the second major tie-up between Microsoft and a Viacom entity in recent weeks. On April 11 Microsoft said it would unveil the next-generation version of the Xbox console in a worldwide series of specials on music channel MTV.

Showtime said it and its affiliates will promote the program with TV ads and a direct-mail campaign. The network said its research showed households subscribing to premium digital TV services were 75 percent more likely to buy video games than the average household.

Is this to get people to watch queer as folk and the lesbian one. That's good microsoft is reaching out to new audiences.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Showtime is shit. I cancelled it recently. Its easily the worst of the premium channels. If you really want a premium channel get HBO or something. The increase in quality of HBO over Showtime is easily worth the price of any two games.

newsguy

I just saw the commercial today and there seemed to be 4 games, but the ones I saw were: Destroy all Humans and Forza Motorsport. Plus you get the 12 months free of XBL. Sounds pretty good.

Timo

sheeit. i'm gonna see if we can get rid of ours and sign up again real fast. i'd pay for the extra fee's since it would only be like 10 bucks. if there is any.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Timo said:
sheeit. i'm gonna see if we can get rid of ours and sign up again real fast. i'd pay for the extra fee's since it would only be like 10 bucks. if there is any.

Read the fine print:

Free Xbox games available to new paying SHOWTIME subscribers only who are not receiving SHOWTIME UNLIMITED free as part of a promotional offer.

shpankey

not an idiot
this deal sucks... you won't get anything until 8-10 weeks after 3 months of Showtime...

Subscribe to Showtime and get A Free Xbox Game plus a Free Xbox Live Starter Kit!

Remember to call your service provider to subscribe.

To redeem this offer, print and complete this page and mail along with copies of your first 3 months' original Showtime service bills dated between 5/5/05 and 11/30/05 indicating your new Showtime subscription to:

Showtime Xbox Offer
P.O. Box 1286
Dept. A
Grand Rapids, MN 55745-1286

p.s. you're not guaranteed your choice of a game... and the 4 games are..

Game Choice 1: Forza Motorsport
Game Choice 2: Destroy All Humans
Game Choice 3: MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
Game Choice 4: Atari Anthology

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This deal sounds great, but really, it's not worth it. Showtime is terrible. I've got a free preview of all their channels right now and I can't believe anyone would pay for this. There is nothing good on all week.

shpankey

not an idiot
you guys realize, if you do this deal, you aren't getting shit until at least 5 months from after you get Showtime?

Top Bottom