• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal_Nick & Jez Cordez: "Don't be surprised if Halo and Hellblade II releases on Playstation"

Ozzie666

Microsoft leaving the home console space to Sony is bad for everyone. We'll see Sony normalizing game prices for PS6 to $100, I bet.

The rise of really arogant Sony, mind you this impacts third party developers as well. Unless profits from xbox weren't great for purchased games.
I still think Xbox will have some sort of hardware, just not directly competing with PS5. Nintendo could really do some damage here, if they don't mess up.

An Xbox hand held would be funny though, just to disrupt the market.

Hopefully Xbox will still have some sort of hardware , or someone new with deep pockets will enter the battle.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So does Jez knows anything or does he grifting? Because I can never tell. I blocked him around Starfield, nobody with such a stupid takes, will take my space on my precious timeline.

geary

Do you think those Xbox fanboys twitter account do really care or just farming clicks and retweets?
I am having trouble believing that grown ass men can act like that due of brand loyalty...

DJ12

Microsoft leaving the home console space to Sony is bad for everyone. We'll see Sony normalizing game prices for PS6 to $100, I bet.
Lol

Yet its ms that cannot make a console in budget and have to sub every console sold.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
This will be a thing anyway regardless of who runs the console business - as soon as they (whoever they are) manage to get rid of physical media and you have no choice the prices will skyrocket - because you'll have no choice.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I used to remember that Gears of War was the exclusive must play of the Xbox 360, now there’s a big possibility that it may come out now on PlayStation consoles.

Flabagast

Gamepass, that's a pretty big reason. Also while everyone is jerking off over this, no official announcement has been made yet.
Do you inform yourself ? Have you seen recent Xbox sales ? If Gamepass is a « pretty big reason » why have they been so horrible these last few years?

GHG

The most hilarious thing about all this is how quickly it's gone from "gamepass is financially sustainable" to hoping and begging for Sony and Nintendo gamers to effectively fund their subscription addiction going forwards.

Animated GIF

It doesn’t bother me in the least because I have had heard Phil and Ybarra when he was still with Xbox say it was the goal to be everywhere.

I brought it up here a few times over the years Phil approached Sony about putting their MP games first there and pushed really hard for Halo Infinite to be the first to be on PS

Phil also approached Sony about getting Gamepass on PS in previous years

Personally I like the move because it adds more player pool to MS games eventually
I am not sure how many PlayStation fans are really interested in xbox exclusives to be honest but we'll see.

xrnzaaas

Halo on PlayStation would be crazy... and maybe not a total flop since Sony doesn't show any interest in making more Killzone games (or other first person shooters for that matter).

Feels like Hellblade 2 is inevitable. Been devving for a long time, probably cost a lot, no one is going to buy it on xbox because of gamepass.

SaucyJack

I am not sure how many PlayStation fans are really interested in xbox exclusives to be honest but we'll see.

This really is THE problem.

I’ve always been a multi-console gamer and the Xbox One was the first Xbox I didn’t have. I got PS4 on launch and said that I’d get an XBO when there was 8-10 games that I wanted to play yet by the end of the generation this still hadn’t happened (although admittedly I had played a couple on PC). Despite the studio acquisitions I don’t see too much change there.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If Halo makes it to PlayStation then that would confirm Microsoft has abandoned the Xbox and is going full third-party.

RGB'D

This. Never been a better time to be a PC gamer because the console space is about to get really shitty. Also PS6 console is going to be expensive with no competition.

ByWatterson

No. Sony is competing with Netflix and YouTube for hours and eyeballs and habits. They can't price themselves that high any more than the NBA can charge an infinite amount for League Pass.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

This guy has perhaps the worst record of any "insider" out there. Big relief for anyone who didn't want Xbox to go 3rd party.

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

EDIT: this being somewhere where people take things, very, very seriously, I should state that this post is provided for the purposes of humour.

Last edited:

Shakka43

If all this turns out to be true then Phil wasn't lying when he said they saw Sony and Nintendo as part of the Xbox community. What a guy.

Thanati

GamePass.

You’ll be paying £10 a month to play on Xbox day one or you’ll (potentially) be paying £70 per game and waiting 6 to 12 months to play it on PlayStation. But the choice will be yours.

If both systems are day one for games then to be perfectly honest, I’m glad I didn’t pay £140 for both Starfield and Forza - for me they were both extremely disappointing so glad I got to experience them with my GP subscription. But if I was just a Sony pony I’d be £140 down on two turds.

But again, the choice will be yours.
Starfield was beyond disappointing. I’m glad I did t pay full price for it as well (Gamepass).

//DEVIL//

Man these news don't make any sense. Why MS going out of its way and trying to sign 10 years of cod on PlayStation if they were planning to go third party ?

They could have told Sony , guys fuck it we give up. We going third party. We just want to increase our portfolio. Sony would have went to the judge, bend over spread them ass cheeks and asked the judge whatever it takes to approve the deal.

Eh. If MS goes third party means the next PlayStation is 1k $ and you can't say no to it. No other options and no competition.

Switch has their own domain anyway.

On the plus side:
- digital foundry on a suicide watch
- less consoles to worry about buying

Last edited:

Flabagast

Man these news don't make any sense. Why MS going out of its way and trying to sign 10 years of cod on PlayStation if they were planning to go third party ?

They could have told Sony , guys fuck it we give up. We going third party. We just want to increase our portfolio. Sony would have went to the judge, bend over spread them ass cheeks and asked the judge whatever it takes to approve the deal.

Eh. If MS goes third party means the next PlayStation is 1k $ and you can't say no to it. No other options and no competition.

Switch has their own domain anyway.
The did not plan to go third party at the time (6 months ago).

This is a sudden shift borne out of necessity following the utterly abysmal performance of Starfield and hardware sales.

For some weird version Xbox fans were not aware that "game sales dont matter" "hardware sales dont matter" would inevitably lead to this outcome

//DEVIL//

The did not plan to go third party at the time (6 months ago).

This is a sudden shift borne out of necessity following the utterly abysmal performance of Starfield and hardware sales.

For some weird version Xbox fans were not aware that "game sales dont matter" "hardware sales dont matter" would inevitably lead to this outcome
BS ? ( not you, the idea you mentioned )

They know their sales figures on daily bases how many is leaving warehouse to retailers. They have seen it coming miles away.

And you don't spend 70 billion to change all your division 6 months later. This is not how it works.

Companies plan things for 2 to 3 years forecast and plans to come including announcements and shit.

The leak of insomniac and Xbox didn't reach you anything on how far they plan ?

Flabagast

BS ? ( not you, the idea you mentioned )

They know their sales figures on daily bases how many is leaving warehouse to retailers. They have seen it coming miles away.

And you don't spend 70 billion to change all your division 6 months later. This is not how it works.

Companies plan things for 2 to 3 years forecast and plans to come including announcements and shit.

The leak of insomniac and Xbox didn't reach you anything on how far they plan ?
Companies can also pivot quickly and change plans when in dire situation. Do you really think that Xbox management expected 2023 performance to be so terrible to the point of no return ?

LordCBH

The “Emotions” suggest that a lot of these guys thought that these suits were there friends…

I remember that dude absolutely sperging out a few months ago when Starfield didn’t move the needle at all lol. Dude took it like a personal attack when someone said they liked FF16 of BG3 more

MS wasn't thinking about this strategy a year ago dude. This was probably post Starfield release. It's recent.

Top Bottom