• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal_Nick: There will be a Big State of Play in March

Topher

Gold Member

MS acquiring Ubisoft, Take Two, and EA confirmed.

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

Perrott

He hasn't used the words "State of Play" tho.

In any case it would be a regular showcase, not a SoP.

They are due for a major showcase, I think. We still have Gran Turismo and Ghostwire to round out a stellar couple of months for Sony.

But after that, we know of God of War and it has no official date.

The 2nd week of March makes sense, as I doubt they want to take away steam from GTs release window.

We shall see, but I would expect them to make a little noise at some point.

SilentUser

A lot of "insiders" are telling us that a big Playstation show was going to happen back in december, january, february and now march. I would like to see it happening as it can be really exciting to have a glimpse of the future games and hardware (PSVR2 blowout, please!), but I can't get excited when these so called insiders say something.

However, after seeing what HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 told here, I'm hopeful :messenger_smiling_hearts:

HTK

Banned
Of course they are due for a big show you don't need to be Nostradamus.

They literally revealed the PSVR2 on the blog. A lot of software reveals incoming.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sony hasn't had a good show since 2018.

What they consider 'big' now is probably some Deathloop dlc taking up 15 minutes of a SoP.

They only have Gran Turismo 7 and God of War Ragnarok left on their slate, and GT7 is about to release.

They're primed for a big show.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I like how he works at or close to Phil's level, so he knows this for a fact. Just like he predicted the Actiblizz purchase.
It's funny you say that because in one of his podcasts, he said that Phil was part of that xbox era discord. You would be surprised at how chatty these MS execs are. Several posters on era have gotten to speak with Panello and Matt Booty in person at their fan events.

Now I doubt Phil is leaking acquisition stuff to them. Nick had mentioned how Phil never posts there, but controlled leaks are a thing. Panello knew about PS5 specs (well, the 8 tflops Gonzalo anyway) and thats why all the xbox era dudes were so convinced the PS5 was just 8-9 tflops. If it's coming from execs, why wouldnt you believe it?

If I had to guess, this is a misdirection and MS is indeed interested in acquiring those publishers. his source is likely not Phil himself but someone up there.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
It's funny you say that because in one of his podcasts, he said that Phil was part of that xbox era discord. You would be surprised at how chatty these MS execs are. Several posters on era have gotten to speak with Panello and Matt Booty in person at their fan events.

Now I doubt Phil is leaking acquisition stuff to them. Nick had mentioned how Phil never posts there, but controlled leaks are a thing. Panello knew about PS5 specs (well, the 8 tflops Gonzalo anyway) and thats why all the xbox era dudes were so convinced the PS5 was just 8-9 tflops. If it's coming from execs, why wouldnt you believe it?

If I had to guess, this is a misdirection and MS is indeed interested in acquiring those publishers. his source is likely not Phil himself but someone up there.
I wonder if they ever discovered the "real" mole in that discord.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Both camps (Xbox and PS) have very good ideas what the other team is doing

I asked Mike a couple of times about controlled leaks and he always said at the upper levels at Xbox they were never a thing though they knew leaks happened

Mike knew pretty closely what the specs of the PS5 were and obviously the Series X and while he would not tell me the direct specs prior to launch he did give me the approx % on how much of a TF advantage the Series X would have and its why I said from day 1 the Series X would be more powerful.

And pretty sure I shared those receipts with Mod of War Mod of War before I ever started posting about the Xbox advantage prior to launch

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That Nick guy is a tool. Watched the Xbox era podcast he is part of, and, yes, he is insufferable.

He basically repeats the same three things...

"I'm going to package this really safe prediction as inside information."

"What did I tell you? I told you I was right."

"Sony blemish right there. Everyone look at the Sony blemish."

yurinka

I don't understand why you continue giving attention to these 'insider' clowns. They keep making guesses and throwing stuff to the wall to see what sticks.

A lot of "insiders" are telling us that a big Playstation show was going to happen back in december, january, february and now march. I would like to see it happening as it can be really exciting to have a glimpse of the future games and hardware (PSVR2 blowout, please!), but I can't get excited when these so called insiders say something.
This

Last edited:
Top Bottom