• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpsheal_Nick: Ghost of Tsushima PC Port News coming soon

Poppyseed

I believe the pre-rendered scenes were not changed, just the in-engine ones. But they were changed using automation instead of via the manual rigging of the English ones, so are still a bit off.
I played a bit more and the in-engine ones are still not right. Anyone who says otherwise is talking nonsense. I just wasted half an hour of my time to get through to some gameplay and it's still absolutely terrible, and great in English, so... be prepared to play in English.

StereoVsn

The issue is going to be is that Sony will try to sell the game for $60-70 and it’s going to be a very late port.

I love the game, I have the physical copy and all that. I ain’t paying the above to double dip.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
someone replace jim with totoki here..................

jim-lyan.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'll finally get to finish this. Could just boot up the ol PS4...but I wanna play this at top quality

Roufianos

Speshal Nick is a fake insider. I would totally believe this is happening and Ill buy it myself but this guy doesn’t know shit.
Should be banned as a source as this point.

I'll look forward to playing this alongside the Gears Collection which was meant to release in 2022 and Starfield on PS5.

Fucking attention whore. Why do we keep paying attention to this guy.

Fabieter

Can we avoid FF7 spoilers and screenshots in this thread lol... some of us are waiting for the PC version.

Do you think you can avoid spoilers for at least six month? I know they said 3 month but xvi is next in line. Wouldn't expect it so soon.

yurinka

It's fair to assume that the next old games to be ported would be TLOU2, GoT and Demon's Souls, yes.

I assume they'll port one of them this year, TLOU2. And then the other ones probably next year. With hopefully Dreams, because if there is a game that needed a PC port is this one. But the port would be pretty difficult because of the combination of a gazillion different levels/games possible mixed with the gazillion PC hardware specs experiencing rare issues.

Game has been out since 2020. This was one of the most annoying things when I was PC gaming is Sony just has no rhyme or reason for how they are porting their games. I always see PC gamers saying things like "I'll just wait a year for it to come to PC." and it's outright BS.

If there's no Ghosts of Tsushima 2 reveal this year for PS5 (and only PS5, not the faux "console exclusive" type of thing Microsoft's been doing with all their games), it's setting a bad precedent.

That's assuming Nick has a single iota of what he's talking about here. Which he probably doesn't.

I'll double dip if they release a PC version. I hope they support the dual-sense as well as they do on PS5.
If this does come to PC though, the only things keeping me from selling my PS5 are:
1. Gran Turismo 7
2. Vanillaware titles

Does he think this is going be a shadow drop on Steam or is he expecting like a State of Play and announcement?

You can get Vanillaware games on PC

Apparently they still don't do PC releases. One of the few holdouts at this point seems like.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If Ghosts PC is true. It'll probably come around the summer I'd guess.

Horizon FW is already announced and "coming soon". So maybe March/April for that game. And then Ghosts i the summer. That'll leave the back half for I'll guess GT7 so they can promote GT7 + VR mode for PC VR support.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do you think you can avoid spoilers for at least six month? I know they said 3 month but xvi is next in line. Wouldn't expect it so soon.
I’ll be trying my best. I didn’t expect people to be posting screenshots in a thread about ghost of Tsushima lol.

Fredrik

If this does come to PC though, the only things keeping me from selling my PS5 are:
1. Gran Turismo 7
2. Vanillaware titles
Gran Turismo 7 could come as well, it’s been in the Nvidia leak for a long time. Maybe it’ll come when they add PC connectivity to PSVR2.

I’m not selling my PS5 but the plan this year is to use a living room PC instead. The big consequence from such a move is having to deal with these delays. Ghost came out 4 years ago. That’s a big delay.

In this case it’s alright though, I only played maybe 20 hours and then moved on to other games and simply forgot about it. I’ll gladly jump in again for a full playthrough on PC with better visuals and performance and maybe some cool mods.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a surprise. Ghost of Tsushima 2 will probably get announced soon, so they try to find more players, who will be forced to buy a PS5 to play the second game.
Given games like Helldivers, last of us part 1, and horizon FW are already sequalized on PC, all PC gamers have to do us wait and the port will come.

Last edited:

willothedog

If Ghosts PC is true. It'll probably come around the summer I'd guess.

Horizon FW is already announced and "coming soon". So maybe March/April for that game. And then Ghosts i the summer. That'll leave the back half for I'll guess GT7 so they can promote GT7 + VR mode for PC VR support.

HFW release is March 21st, was announced a while back.

Would love to replay this at native 4k 120fps. Can’t believe I actually completed it at 30fps on the ps4 pro.

Ps5 version really needed a unlocked frame rate.

Was right up there for game of the generation for me last gen. It's fantastic. Not perfect and I would love to see them take a lot of notes from The Witcher 3 with a follow up in terms of world-building.

Borowski_1

PC will get more Playstation first-party games in 2024 than PS5

( i don't care that the games end up on PC)

Last edited:

Variahunter

I don’t think it will release this month or even next month.
I mean they’re publishing Rise of the Ronin until March 22nd.
It would be detrimental to the marketing and sales of the game.
I could see Sony showing a PC trailer for Ghost in May, quite a while after Rise.

Top Bottom