• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpsheal_Nick: Ghost of Tsushima PC Port News coming soon

Sentenza

People do give a shit just not enough of a shit to pay full price for a half decade old game. Helldivers 2 showed what happens when they go day and date
No matter what you are talking about, there will always be SOMEONE who may give a shit. It's always a matter of scale.

The point here is that there isn't this large demand for late ports. I can promise you that GoT will not go breaking sales records on every Steam chart. It will do just fine "for what it is".
I'd count it as a surprise hit if it manages to reach 100K concurrent users at launch.

StueyDuck

what on earth is going on in this thread...

you guys do realise this is a speshal nick rumor right? there is literally 0 reason to be so mad at each other hahaha

Sentenza

what on earth is going on in this thread...

you guys do realise this is a speshal nick rumor right? there is literally 0 reason to be so mad at each other hahaha
The rumor itself is fundamentally irrelevant. That a port of GOT is coming at some point has been a poorly kept secret for the last 2 years or so.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Now that Xbox is cooked PS fanboys have set their sights toward pc instead of Nintendo for some odd reason

I think often it's more that some PC gamers are always like "finally a playable version of Game X", implying (or saying outright) that all console games are terrible and can only be redeemed by being released on PC. It can get a bit tiresome.

But of course it goes both ways.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I stopped playing this game due to hoping it would come on PC. I know that's strange, but I wanted to play it on a PC. It looks amazing and the gameplay is excellent. I hope that this rumor comes true I've been waiting for a good while

mrcroket

I think often it's more that some PC gamers are always like "finally a playable version of Game X", implying (or saying outright) that all console games are terrible and can only be redeemed by being released on PC. It can get a bit tiresome.

The thing is that this happens in announcement threads of playstation games for PC, where PS5 users first denied that this was going to happen (denial), then they got angry with sony for the loss of exclusives and devaluation of the playstation brand (anger), then claimed that these were not going to sell well and that sony should stop releasing their games, they lose money (berganing). Then came cries that there was no point in investing in PS5 if the games were being released for PC (depression). And finally, that they didn't care because they had already played it X years ago (acceptance).

Buggy Loop

Sure. Show me screenshots on how the lighting is improved on PC modded version of FF7 Remake then.

Can you find a place in remake where lighting is as botchered as that rebirth screenshot? I can’t. Rebirth looks like the bigger outdoor scale made them turn off all shadows and AO in performance mode.

What was mostly screwed up for that game is textures. Still even for all other effects, they were improved on PC as there’s levels of settings in UE. Remake versus intergrade is already showcasing most of PC’s improvements

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Amazing game, loved pretty much everything minus some moment in the story which were a bit of a drag. Other than that it's a really good game and I can't wait to try it on PC. It's still a looker on PS4 Pro too:

Ghost_of_Tsushima_20220505030356.jpg
Ghost_of_Tsushima_20200803003519.jpg
Ghost_of_Tsushima_20200805012907.jpg
Ghost_of_Tsushima_20200805005214.png

It's also a better Assassin's Creed than all of Ubisoft's releases after AC Revelation.

drganon

The thing is that this happens in announcement threads of playstation games for PC, where PS5 users first denied that this was going to happen (denial), then they got angry with sony for the loss of exclusives and devaluation of the playstation brand (anger), then claimed that these were not going to sell well and that sony should stop releasing their games, they lose money (berganing). Then came cries that there was no point in investing in PS5 if the games were being released for PC (depression). And finally, that they didn't care because they had already played it X years ago (acceptance).
Says the port begging pc warrior who thought that stupid linus tech tips video was worth creating a second thread over.

Calverz

Well it was in Jensens prophecy. GT7 and demons souls is the last two. GT7 will probably be around psvr2 pc launch.

Fredrik

Now that Xbox is cooked PS fanboys have set their sights toward pc instead of Nintendo for some odd reason
That has always been there… I know because I’ve been there earning a ban back in the days for wanting PC gamers to take their talk elsewhere 🫣

And now when console exclusives are coming to PC that friction between console and PC are heating up even more.

To be blunt, at this point, if you have the money to buy a capable PC, you’re essentially buying a console to skip timed exclusivity. That’s it.

Can’t speak for anyone else but for me that’s not enough. I still play games from the 90s so waiting 4 years is doable for me, games that age like milk I can skip anyway so what’s left is waiting a couple years on genuinely great games.

Console gaming will need something more to pull me in going forward when they scrapped having exclusives.
If I was Sony I would never have opened that door. I see the consequence in myself, I’m about to let my PS5 collect dust. I get that they earn extra money from games that aren’t selling anymore but they’re removing reasons to invest in their hardware and software. And what Microsoft are doing with their PS/Switch releases is pure stupidity, they signal to potential customers that Xbox isn’t needed but also to publishers and that’s the real kill switch, within a decade or less their platform won’t exist outside of the PC/mobile space.

Last edited:

Holammer

Well it was in Jensens prophecy. GT7 and demons souls is the last two. GT7 will probably be around psvr2 pc launch.
Deracine was on the list too. Remember when people thought the Nvidia datamine was fake? Good times. The guy behind it could have kept it secret and cashed in big on e-fame as a pretend industry insider by milking info from it.

Denton

Hope the rumor is true, GoT and TLOU2 are main holdovers from PS4 era that I want to see on PC.

Although, to be honest, I would also love to see many of the less sucessful games that I already played on Pro - Driveclub, Order 1886, Dreams..

They all deserve to have 4K/120fps version on an open platform.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

Yeah the pro pc sentiment has been ramping up in the forum recently, the whole Xbox situation has lead to a lot of green rats running over here and espousing how good PC is.

I can sorta understand the anger from ps players but also they been trolling hard too so yeh. Besides, its the Nintendo fanboys giving PS shit especially on yt and Twitter where dunkey and others have made videos dunking on the ps5. Console wars never die.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Yeah the pro pc sentiment has been ramping up in the forum recently, the whole Xbox situation has lead to a lot of green rats running over here and espousing how good PC is.

I can sorta understand the anger from ps players but also they been trolling hard too so yeh.
Heh it’s getting hard to keep up with the narratives, PS fans used to hype up PCs last gen and said Xbox wasn’t needed when Xbox games started coming to PC, now it’s supposedly Xbox fans who hype up PCs and PS fans have sold their PCs 🙃

Shubh_C63

I wanted a feudal japan game for so long but when this came out I just kinda waited for a pre-owned copy and then slept on it.

PC port yes please.

Celcius

°Temp. member
PC users on NeoGaf if the rumor doesn't come true this week:

table-flip-flip-table.gif

To leak a rumor that's supposed to happen so soon, surely he wouldn't just make it up right?

Variahunter

I clearly think it's fake. It will come on PC, for sure.
But why announce it now ?
They're at the finish line of the marketing campaign for Rise for the Ronin, a Team Ninja and Xdev co developed game.
It wouldn't make sense to reveal a PC port for GoT right now.

I believe it could be revealed in May though.

Camreezie

Im glad that in this difficult time for Sony announcing projects for the PS5 theyre choosing to announce a project for PC, morons

Leonidas

I won't care. If it never came to PC, I'd just buy it on PS5, but the most I'd spend on a console game is $15-$20 because of the performance limitations...

So far I've spent $0 on PS5 software after several years of owning the platform, since I am a patient PC gamer who is going though a massive backlog.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
"Most of them" are playing these other games that sold a lot more.
Which is precisely why Sony ports aren't creating this massive rift in the PC market.

Yes, they are playing those other games once they play the PS5 games on their PS5. Many PC gamers also have a PS5 too.

Hope the rumor is true, GoT and TLOU2 are main holdovers from PS4 era that I want to see on PC.

Although, to be honest, I would also love to see many of the less sucessful games that I already played on Pro - Driveclub, Order 1886, Dreams..

They all deserve to have 4K/120fps version on an open platform.

PC is not an open platform, not in practice.

One of the greatest lies sold for the past 3 decades.

table-flip-flip-table.gif

To leak a rumor that's supposed to happen so soon, surely he wouldn't just make it up right?

It's Nick; he's a hardcore Xbox fanboy through and through, and it seems like now he's leveraging PC as a vector to spread more FUD and bogus PS-related rumors (although it's not like SIE have made this type of rumor hard for them or others to come up with).

Although as time goes on and if this strategy of SIE's continues or accelerates, people who feel increasingly relegated to the sidelines in the ecosystem should stop shouting at guys like Nick and start questioning why SIE are doing what they're doing. Go to the source, not the symptom.

Last edited:
What an infinitely moronic statement.

You get your Lego pieces and think you're actually building a house. They got you.

Just got to remember that the more PC ports that come out, the more sour some people become as their walled garden of video games crumbles.

Yes the platform where Microsoft dominates with Windows and Valve dominates with Steam, conveniently both proprietary and closed ecosystems, isn't a walled garden.

Y'all really fall for the narrative huh?

Fredrik

Yes the platform where Microsoft dominates with Windows and Valve dominates with Steam, conveniently both proprietary and closed ecosystems, isn't a walled garden.

Dominating something doesn’t make it closed. There are multiple OSes and you’re free to use whatever game store and launcher and streaming service you want.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You get your Lego pieces and think you're actually building a house. They got you.

Ya some walled garden.

Joe Bob can upload his game to the net on tons of sites including having gamers download it directly from his own web page.

If Sony doesnt like Windows and Steam. Then just make their games using Linux and make their own PC e-store. GOG has their own site run by CDProjekt based in Poland.

This game will see a massive leap in graphical fidelity with a PC port.
Definitely not lol. Maybe draw distance? That's about it. Possibly (and hopefully) more leaves on screen.

It's already 4K, 60fps on PS5. The biggest drawback is that the real time cutscene's run in 30fps when they already ran in 60fps on the PS4 version running on PS5. That I'm sure they'll change.

Top Bottom