• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpsheal_Nick: Ghost of Tsushima PC Port News coming soon

Given games like Helldivers, last of us part 1, and horizon FW are already sequalized on PC, all PC gamers have to do us wait and the port will come.
Of course the second game comes also to PC one day, but probably not many people are willing to wait two years for that.

It’s the same strategy they did with Horizon. They released the first game in PC shortly before the second one was released to sell some PS5s.

Same with Last of Us, if people want to play the second part they have to buy a PS5 or wait 2 years….

daninthemix

Of course the second game comes also to PC one day, but probably not many people are willing to wait two years for that.

It’s the same strategy they did with Horizon. They released the first game in PC shortly before the second one was released to sell some PS5s.

Same with Last of Us, if people want to play the second part they have to buy a PS5 or wait 2 years….
Yes because these games are so important PC gamers will have their eyes opened so wide they immediately go out and buy a PS5, plus another for their uncle.

or they don't give a fuck.

DeaDPo0L84

[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely zero evidence either from a marketing or sales standpoint that this is what the intention is. I own both a PS5 and a high end PC and I'm still waiting on the sequels to release on PC at some point. Nobody is spending $2500+ on a PC to then run out and buy a PS5 for a sequel they could just simply wait for. Their are plenty of games to play in the meantime.

Last edited:

mrcroket

There is absolutely zero evidence either from a marketing or sales standpoint that this is what the intention is. I own both a PS5 and a high end PC and I'm still waiting on the sequels to release on PC at some point. Nobody is spending $2500+ on a PC to then run out and buy a PS5 for a sequel they could just simply wait for. Their are plenty of games to play in the meantime.
It's funny how many ps5 users think people are desperate to play the exclusives and won't be able to wait.

And then they are surprised when the sales of these are like any other normal game on steam, no more, no less.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve never heard of this dude being quoted as the source but if we go through all of next week and this doesn’t get announced then they should be banned as a source going forward imho.

YuLY

I'm still waiting for Gears collection he talked about like 2 years ago. I hope he is right, but where is it then, if it is not announced at MS summer conference then it was pure fabrication.

Quasicat

Because of my current lifestyle, I am pretty much running on my Switch and Steam Deck (including Xbox Cloud Streaming). I am crazy excited to play this on my Steam Deck when it comes out.

Serious question: Does Sony Premium streaming allow PS5 games from the cloud to run on a PC. I wouldn’t mind playing games that way as streaming works really well here.

darrylgorn

Here, have some more of our old scraps, try gaming in 2024

hungry oliver twist GIF

Lose Founding Father GIF

Roni

Gold Member
Very good game, loved it when I played it. They support the Samurai and the Ninja stereotypes really well. Started playing it just to see the story and ended up exploring and doing quite a bit of side content. Won't get it on release on PC since Sony's pricing is bullshit on Steam; but eventually it will get cheaper and I'll get it for posterity.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I just replayed it again so I'll wait for a sale but this is awesome. PC gamers will love it.

Last edited:

Sentenza

It's funny how many ps5 users think people are desperate to play the exclusives and won't be able to wait.

And then they are surprised when the sales of these are like any other normal game on steam, no more, no less.
Right?
Every time a late port from Sony racks its usual 200-300k sales at best in the first month, (which is easily outperformed by dozens and dozens of other releases) you get the same drivel by the usual suspects:
"No. it can't be! Why MUH EXCLUSIVE isn't topping every Steam chart! it must be teh pirates, the poor economy, the locusts!".

When maybe the real explanation is that no one really gives that much of a shit, outside of their bubble.

Last edited:

mrcroket

So you think the PC version will look different, except higher resolution? lol... You're in for a treat.
It uses unreal engine so yes, the lack of global illumination can be corrected (plus the poor quality of shadows and their LOD), and I'm sure people will make mods with HD textures for those PS3 like textures.

Pedro Motta

It uses unreal engine so yes, the lack of global illumination can be corrected (plus the poor quality of shadows and their LOD), and I'm sure people will make mods with HD textures for those PS3 like textures.
Oh I'm sorry, does FF7 Remake on PC have global illumination? Wait don't answer, I know it doesn't.

Maybe you can wait for mods as well. lol

Buggy Loop

So you think the PC version will look different, except higher resolution? lol... You're in for a treat.

With the quality mode textures and above with SSAO (where the fuck is AO in this game), easy toggle in UE4, even if dev doesn't include, high resolution and higher framerate than 30 fps?

A couple of just easy UE4 toggles that are found in most FF7 remake graphic mods

Enhancments:
Screen Percentage set to 100%
Some features can be disabled, lowered as desired:
Draw Distances all quality
FOV
Volumetric Fog
Particle Effects
Lens Flair & adjustment to color effects
View Distance Quality.Diffused denoising.
Bokeh Depth of Field.
Anti Aliasing 16x TAAU color history during TamporalAA upsampling.
Upscaling 13-tap Lanczos 3.
Shadow CSM distance.
Post Process Quality.
Texture mip LODs Quality.
Particle Effects & emitter.
Foliage Quality & Density distance.
Screen Space Reflections Quality.
Screen Space Shadows details.
Screen Space Global Illumination.
Normals.
Decals.
AmbientOcclusion.
Light Shaft Quality.
Translucency Quality
World LOD Quality
Character LOD Quality
Bloom Quality

Should easily found themselves into the next port since it's again UE4 and tweakable to go well beyond what consoles had. I mean just look at that picture. Looks worse than FF7 Intergrade.

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Oh I'm sorry, does FF7 Remake on PC have global illumination? Wait don't answer, I know it doesn't.

Maybe you can wait for mods as well. lol

Wait for mods? These kind of changes are there day 1 with ini file tweaks. Nexus is basically sharing the tweaked settings. 1h in and it's improved.

You'll have to wait on PS6 to catch up, at a cost of course.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

With the quality mode textures and above with SSAO (where the fuck is AO in this game), easy toggle in UE4, even if dev doesn't include, high resolution and higher framerate than 30 fps?

A couple of just easy UE4 toggles that are found in most FF7 remake graphic mods

Enhancments:
FOV
Volumetric Fog
Particle Effects
Bokeh Depth of Field.
Shadow CSM distance.
Post Process Quality.
Normals.
Decals.
AmbientOcclusion.
Light Shaft Quality.
Translucency Quality
World LOD Quality
Character LOD Quality
Bloom Quality

Should easily found themselves into the next port since it's again UE4 and tweakable to go well beyond what consoles had. I mean just look at that picture. Looks worse than FF7 Intergrade.

Wait for mods? These kind of changes are there day 1 with ini file tweaks. Nexus is basically sharing the tweaked settings. 1h in and it's improved.

Sure nerd, after you're done with the ini file, update your drivers. Meanwhile I've finished the game ages ago and moved on.

Also I don't have to wait for PS6, if I want I double dip on PC, I just you know, have a life.

Hope you enjoy Ghost of Tsushima, 4 years later.

Buggy Loop

Sure nerd, after you're done with the ini file, update your drivers. Meanwhile I've finished the game ages ago and moved on.

Also I don't have to wait for PS6, if I want I double dip on PC, I just you know, have a life.

7e4.jpg

Rarely seen someone triggered like this by a port announcement

Or you know, inherently the game will also look better. Case in point, FF7 remake PS4 vs Intergrade PS5 (much like PC). Ain't no way you're seeing me run to buy a PS5 to play FF7 day one with that pixel soup and subpar performances.

You really think we're just thumb twiddling while these ports are coming? Who cares when it comes. There's a mountain of games to play, every years.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member

It feels like there’s a PC vs PlayStation war on this forum lately.

Last edited:

salva

There was a part of me that used to be excited for GoT on PC... 2+ years ago.
I played it for a couple of hours on a PS4 a few months ago, I lasted a couple of hours I reckon. Such a snore fest. I dunno what's worse, Sekiro or GoT (incoming flames reeeeeeeeeee).
Bring back Tenchu.

bender

What time is it?

Warriors aren't usually this blatant or earnest so this feels fresh.

I dunno what's worse, Sekiro or GoT (incoming flames reeeeeeeeeee).
Bring back Tenchu.

I don't even like Sekiro that much but I'll take it over another open world game that follows the Ubisoft template.
Yes, please to Tenchu

Last edited:

squarealex

Enhancments:
FOV
Volumetric Fog
Particle Effects
Bokeh Depth of Field.
Shadow CSM distance.
Post Process Quality.
Normals.
Decals.
AmbientOcclusion.
Light Shaft Quality.
Translucency Quality
World LOD Quality
Character LOD Quality
Bloom Quality

you're so embarrassing.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

7e4.jpg

Rarely seen someone triggered like this by a port announcement

Or you know, inherently the game will also look better. Case in point, FF7 remake PS4 vs Intergrade PS5 (much like PC). Ain't no way you're seeing me run to buy a PS5 to play FF7 day one with that pixel soup and subpar performances.

You really think we're just thumb twiddling while these ports are coming? Who cares when it comes. There's a mountain of games to play, every years.
What are you talking about? I’m not against these ports, I think they’re great. I’m salty about you being captain obvious about PC versions.
I said, except resolution and maybe shadow quality the assets will be mostly the same on the PC version. You’re posting screenshots of low quality assets like it’s a console issue and not a dev issue. You shifted goal posts claiming mods will save the game on PC, like they would mod asset quality in a few hours…lol

mrcroket

What are you talking about? I’m not against these ports, I think they’re great. I’m salty about you being captain obvious about PC versions.
I said, except resolution and maybe shadow quality the assets will be mostly the same on the PC version. You’re posting screenshots of low quality assets like it’s a console issue and not a dev issue. You shifted goal posts claiming mods will save the game on PC, like they would mod asset quality in a few hours…lol
The problem with that image is not the textures (only) but the completely flat lighting, and that is very easily fixable on PC in a game using UE4, without mods, just by adding some lines to a cfg. So it will be something that will be fixed possibly in hours.

As for the textures it could take a bit longer (maybe days, weeks to have something polished).

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Right?
Every time a late port from Sony racks its usual 200-300k sales at best in the first month, (which is easily outperformed by dozens and dozens of other releases) you get the same drivel by the usual suspects:
"No. it can't be! Why MUH EXCLUSIVE isn't topping every Steam chart! it must be teh pirates, the poor economy, the locusts!".

When maybe the real explanation is that no one really gives that much of a shit, outside of their bubble.

PC gamers care. It's that most of them just played it on the PS4 or PS5 already.

I think a logo reveal might happen though.

Well, that just means of the rumor is by some miracle true, then SIE have gone off the rails.

Although, a new 1P AAA IP would technically be 100% possible, since that's not part of an existing franchise. That would be a good way to balance a GOT PC port announcement (plus GOT is 4 years old at this point, which is a safe minimum window for a 1P AAA traditional game to get a PC port, IMO).

Hey its never too late I guess.

4 years later

As should be the minimum for this type of game, if not even longer.

Given games like Helldivers, last of us part 1, and horizon FW are already sequalized on PC, all PC gamers have to do us wait and the port will come.

They could, but Sony could at least tempt them more to get a PS5 or pick the game up on PS5 initially by increasing the window between console and PC versions.

Which incidentally, would benefit significantly in lowering some production costs and allow for more polished releases on the console from Day 1. It's a delicate balance they're going to need to establish ASAP before demand rot sets in for the console among hardcore and core enthusiasts, because that will lead to overall install base deterioration (due to slower early adoption momentum of new hardware, which also affects software sales revenue and profits).

I blame Phil Spencer.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Honestly thought TLOU Part 2 will be the next. I skip this game on my PS5 because I want to play it with Ultrawide, DLSS upscaling, unlocked framerate and others.

I mean, Sony won another console war. Now, another contender has to step up to the challenge.

but the next war is going to be a hybrid one:
its going to be a Cyber/asymmetric one

Arguments need to operate in the fourth dimension, bending reality in unprecedented ways. Both sides are going to have a strong and long battle ahead. Sony is going to be attacked from all fronts.

1UYuksX.jpg

Pedro Motta

The problem with that image is not the textures (only) but the completely flat lighting, and that is very easily fixable on PC in a game using UE4, without mods, just by adding some lines to a cfg. So it will be something that will be fixed possibly in hours.

As for the textures it could take a bit longer (maybe days, weeks to have something polished).
Sure. Show me screenshots on how the lighting is improved on PC modded version of FF7 Remake then.

Midn1ght

Don't be too harsh, right now the warriors are navigating between the anger and bargaining stages of acceptance. Demon's Souls and GT7 should gently lead them in the depression stage before Bloodborne and the first day one single player release ultimately make them accept the new reality.

Pet Soothe GIF by jerseycouple

Some will be stuck in denial and anger forever though.

PS: I don't think day one single player from Sony will come to PC so calm down. :messenger_peace:

Sentenza

PC gamers care. It's that most of them just played it on the PS4 or PS5 already.
"Most of them" are playing these other games that sold a lot more.
Which is precisely why Sony ports aren't creating this massive rift in the PC market.

Scraps? I thought you guys loved this game!?
It's all best in the industry until it comes to pc, then it's a scrap. Do you even appreciate video games?
Yeah, but it's outdated, you see. Now it's their time to pretend that the second part of FF7 is the greatest thing that ever graced humanity. Until that becomes multiplatform and consequently "nothing special", too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom