• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpsheal_Nick: Ghost of Tsushima PC Port News coming soon

DaciaJC

Gold Member
You get your Lego pieces and think you're actually building a house. They got you.

Yes the platform where Microsoft dominates with Windows and Valve dominates with Steam, conveniently both proprietary and closed ecosystems, isn't a walled garden.

Y'all really fall for the narrative huh?

GCCIh41.png

StereoVsn

You don't need to give either Microsoft or Valve a single cent to play almost every PC game. I'm not talking about piracy either.
Yeah, a lot of games are available elsewhere certainly. From GoG to publisher launchers to EGS to individual game launchers (League, etc) and more.

Some games are going to be Steam exclusives, but not because Valve paid anyone, but rather because it’s the biggest marketplace.

Then again, plenty of games aren’t on Steam as well.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To be fair you got to give thicc credit. When a lot of Sony threads pop up with bad news or pc porting news he does still stick around and post.

Many others disappear or avoid those threads. They’ll post back on the board when the threads become old news and get buried on page 5 or 10.

Senua

To be fair you got to give thicc credit. When a lot of Sony threads pop up with bad news or pc porting news he does still stick around and post.

Many others disappear or avoid those threads. They’ll post back on the board when the threads become old news and get buried on page 5 or 10.
Eh, they at least they have the restraint to not post absolute bilge

If you can use other storefronts and OSes, it is by definition an open platform. Now stop being ridiculous

You mean like 2% Linux? It exists but no one's really using it for gaming now are they?

Dominating something doesn’t make it closed. There are multiple OSes and you’re free to use whatever game store and launcher and streaming service you want.

Those other OSes don't get prioritized for gaming though. The only reason Linux is finally getting better game support is due to Valve wanting to push Steam OS.

And that requires them being the largest storefront on PC to even have leverage.

Ya some walled garden.

Joe Bob can upload his game to the net on tons of sites including having gamers download it directly from his own web page.

It's not really the '90s anymore so Joe Bob won't be getting much traction when these massive conglomerates control so much space online. Also good luck to them for SEOs.

If Sony doesnt like Windows and Steam. Then just make their games using Linux and make their own PC e-store. GOG has their own site run by CDProjekt based in Poland.

Sony should at least prioritize EGS more, they did invest money into Epic. Or was SIE not involved in that?

You don't need to give either Microsoft or Valve a single cent to play almost every PC game. I'm not talking about piracy either.

But you are talking about crawling deep, deep into the webs for the most obscure stuff, which probably has zero documentation.

Zathalus

But you are talking about crawling deep, deep into the webs for the most obscure stuff, which probably has zero documentation.
Not really? Just install your Linux distro of choice and Proton. That sorts out out for over 10k games. If you don't want to use Steam just use one of the many store fronts on PC or just buy a Steam key from another site, Valve doesn't get a cent of that money. Its obviously not as convenient as Windows/Steam but it can be done without overly much effort.

Fabieter

Holy shit is the real? I didn't buy it yet!

The poster seems to argue in bad faith, exhibiting inconsistency in their evaluation of the game. While some aspects are praised, others are criticized, possibly influenced by the vast variety of assets in this extensive game. Notably, the performance mode has visual bugs acknowledged by the developers, with assurances of fixes.

Fredrik

Those other OSes don't get prioritized for gaming though. The only reason Linux is finally getting better game support is due to Valve wanting to push Steam OS.

And that requires them being the largest storefront on PC to even have leverage.
As I said, dominating something doesn’t make it closed. It would still be an open platform no matter if 99.999% would use Windows and Steam, you’re not forced to use anything proprietary.

I guess you could say that Steam Deck is fairly closed. But you can still dual boot Windows if you want so 🤷‍♂️

Kazdane

*checks clock, March 5th*
bored waiting GIF

In all seriousness, I played it a while ago on PS5, and it's a blast, a very well crafted world with a story that, at least for me, was very good.

Hudo

I hope Iron Galaxy aren't the ones porting it...

Their TLoU1 port was shit (has it been patched yet?)

//DEVIL//

I didn't buy any PC Sony game due to the fact that I ether finished them or lost interest in them.

but GoT is a game that I Really loved but didn't get a chance to finish and I sold it with the PS5 when I had it. re bought the spider man PS5 later but didn't get the chance to buy the game with it. so now I want to play it and honestly I can NOT wait to play it on PC.

Hudo

I know I might be alone on this one but I would rather have a GoT-like game from Sucker Punch that is set during the crusades, where you play as a crusader in the Holy Land. Slay some infidels. Instead of GoT 2.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

Count me in for Day 6 Months After Launch After People Stop Complaining, the Game is Heavily Discounted And All the Performance Issues Are Fixed!

Last edited:

StueyDuck

So as suspected numpty face Speshal nick gets and repackages his rumors from someone else on twitter and get it wrong... again.

people still think this chop is some sort of industry insider.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If this turns out to be false today on top of the arrowhead rumor being proven false yesterday then I’m done taking any rumors seriously until a company themselves announce it.
All these hardware and software rumors are getting out of control lately.

Last edited:
If this turns out to be false today on top of the arrowhead rumor being proven false yesterday then I’m done taking any rumors seriously until a company themselves announce it.

99.5% of rumors are bullshit, and it's arguably worse than it ever has been since it's a lot of no-names chasing internet clout. Back in the day, rumors filtered to gaming journalists through discussions with devs and publishers, so it was a little bit more reliable.

I think GoT is coming, just don't know when. Sony has be whacky with their PC release schedule, like why didn't they announce TLOU II for PC at the same time as PS5? We all know it's coming...

LordCBH

Store page is up on steam now.

Shepshal nick rumor?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

It was never his rumor; he stole it from a much smaller Twitter account, just like another rumor from a couple weeks before that.

Dude's an actual rumor thief 🤣

Get fucked Assassins Creed Red. Desperate for that one black guy they found in history who was adjacent to samurai and jumped on the woke wagon.
We playing as a japanese man as it should be. Stay losing Ubishit.

You were lazy and retarded enough to not bother looking up Yusuke?

Also why would it be "woke" if it's based on an actual person who existed? Was Afro Samurai "woke"?

This is why I hate the anti-woke tards as much as the woke ones these days.

Last edited:

YuLY

You were lazy and retarded enough to not bother looking up Yusuke?

Also why would it be "woke" if it's based on an actual person who existed? Was Afro Samurai "woke"?

This is why I hate the anti-woke tards as much as the woke ones these days.
And I hate retarded woke apologists like you. So there was this one black guy in the entire history and they had to make a game about him? It is disrespectful to the japanese people that when they finally get an AC in Japan, it is about a black guy, cause it is 2024. You sound like a degenerate that reported the Sweet Baby Inc curator on steam.

Senua

And I hate retarded woke apologists like you. So there was this one black guy in the entire history and they had to make a game about him? It is disrespectful to the japanese people that when they finally get an AC in Japan, it is about a black guy, cause it is 2024. You sound like a degenerate that reported the Sweet Baby Inc curator on steam.
Tbh they always focused on the most interesting and unique characters of the time. I'm not saying that wokeness didn't play a part also but still.

Top Bottom