• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Transmission live stream set for October 19, featuring latest updates on the Silent Hill series

SH2 remake I'm cautiously optimistic about, it looked great, and Ito and Yamaoka are involved. Townfall and f though, I'm very keen to see more. Stories Untold is very good. Silent Hill f gave me Siren vibes.

onesvenus

5g4DTwL.jpg

dA4mNi8.jpg

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF
Still waiting for confirmation of Sony developing it

Why are people still moaning and being kind of ungrateful towards Konami? Meh...

We just got a new game revealed, a new remake, and a new film announced. What other series gets the silver platter out for it like this? ;)

And the stream ain't even over yet. Not by a long shot. :)

SSfox

I think I'm the only one that was impressed by that SH2 Remake trailer, I'm gonna give Bloober a chance!
I like the trailer, the main face looks a bit different from original, but i mean it's not that bad i guess. Maybe it can also change a bit who knows.

Also when i think about, there is no better studio that could have handled this remake today than Blooper, it's a Polish studio not an american studio so this also a win (no racisme but just almost everything US devs touch nowadays they turn it into a trashcan) . And you have few japaneses legends like Ito and Yamaoka that participate for design and music. Honestly this could be super neat.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Disappointed not to see an actual, full blooded next mainline Silent Hill game.

F looks like it could be good though. The remake is a remake. Hard to get that excited.

Ascension sounds like weird ass audience participation foolishness, and god knows what Townfall is, other than a stupid title.

Eh.

Last edited:
Very happy that the new SH film is being made by the OG SH film team again. Their last SH film is the best video game movie adaption bar none. Now they are doing a movie adaption of SH2! MAN I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

Exclusive?! CMA get on this. And movie in 06 was meh. I expect this one to be meh too. Anapurna is a superb publisher, look forward to seeing what they do.

Speak for yourself.

Little bit bummed we didn't get a shadow drop for the Short Message demo but I'm so excited to see this franchise back on the gaming scene and am cautiously optimistic for SH2 Remake, the Episodic game from Annapurna and will follow the progress of project F intently.
I was joking lol. I wanted bloober team to remake silent hill 2

I was desperate to make a silent hill 2 reference

Last edited:

Saber

Bro holy fuck seeing interview of bloopers guys make me excited, they seems passionate about SH2 tbh

I just hope they don't invent some stupid new shit or a change just "because".
I'm honestly not a fan of this old ass voice they give to the mc of SH2, but I'm still hyped as fuck.

decisions

So 4 trailers/dev diaries from C-tier studies without any real gameplay? No Konami/Team Silent developed game. No Kojima. No game they have enough confidence in to call it Silent Hill 5. I also thought the trailer for SH2 looked super underwhelming.

As far as I am concerned, the franchise is still dead. It is in the exact same state that it was in post-SH4.

Last edited:
I like the trailer, the main face looks a bit different from original, but i mean it's not that bad i guess. Maybe it can also change a bit who knows.

Also when i think about, there is no better studio that could have handled this remake today than Blooper, it's a Polish studio not an american studio so this also a win (no racisme but just almost everything US devs touch nowadays they turn it into a trashcan) . And you have few japaneses legends like Ito and Yamaoka that participate for design and music. Honestly this could be super neat.
Valid points and I agree. I think the guys who did Tormented Souls could have did a solid job with it as well actually.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

Capcom plays too safe, at least Konami is experimenting with these new SH projects.
All three games announced today are being made by studios that at most can be described as AA.

Their experimentation is called give some money, but not too much money to smaller studios and let them make us new Silent Hills which maybe on the wave of return of popularity of survival horror genre will make some bucks for us.

Konami loves money, not games.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Why are people still moaning and being kind of ungrateful towards Konami? Meh...

We just got a new game revealed, a new remake, and a new film announced. What other series gets the silver platter out for it like this? ;)

And the stream ain't even over yet. Not by a long shot. :)
Because Kojima good, Konami bad and because people can't understand basic business beyond their feelings, but they're just normal company, nothing specially bad as far as I've seen apart from not doing games that don't sell anymore.

The game is looking delicious btw <3 hope it's as good

FOUR FOO KEN GAMES - AND A MOVIE, PEOPLE...

Repeat that sh*t after me, please. :p

4 foo ken games - and a movie, people! :D

#ThankYouKonami
#ThankYouNeoGAF

Reactions: GHG

Patrick S.

Banned
All three games announced today are being made by studios that at most can be described as AA.

Their experimentation is called give some money, but not too much money to smaller studios and let them make us new Silent Hills which maybe on the wave of return of popularity of survival horror genre will make some bucks for us.

Konami loves money, not games.
People with negative amounts of money make awesome games in their basements all the time. I'm optimistic AF for some quality stuff coming from this IP revival.

Top Bottom