• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Transmission live stream set for October 19, featuring latest updates on the Silent Hill series

SCB3

I liked the look of all these, I think I need to replay the series again now, I actually liked the 2 films they did in 06 and 2012 as well, not bad watches

This does make me excited for the return of MGS as well, Konami willing to lend out IP is a good thing if they don't wanna develop new games, don't fuck this up Bloober

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
LOL,

WTF was with that 3rd party Sony partnership, vice president of bullshit moneyhatting talking about.

Embarrassing, saying things like, we are so happy to be working with you Konami/Bloober. We are so happy to support this. We are honoured. You gave them a shitload of money to keep it exclusive for a year. Just say that ffs 😂.

Edit: the devs standing around in the fog was absolutely fantastic though.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This....this wasn't completely terrible. I mean, I want a live service multi-player online Silent Hill like I want genital warts in my nostrils, but everything else has me cautiously optimistic

MiguelItUp

Really, really, really excited about Silent Hill 2. Truly. I hope Bloober delivers. I admit I'm concerned, but still, it does look and sound like it's on the right track.

As much as I love the IP, and adore 2, this felt over saturated to me. Like, it's almost TOO much. A part of me is okay with that, if everything turns out being good/great. But a part of me almost wishes they would've just gone really hard on 1 or 2 games, and that's it.

I feel better seeing stuff, but I'm still cautious. Can't NOT be.

Silent Hill 2 remake? I loved it so much, please deliver, please.
Acension? Eh.
The movie? I'll see it I'm sure since I thought Gans' SH film was pretty good. Best video game film adaptation at the time, I thought.
Townfall? I'm down.
F? I'm down.

That being said, I still find it odd that they're just skipping a remake of 1, lmao.

Christian Svesson, i like that guy
Seeing him threw me off, we worked together for awhile a few years back, great guy. I know he's at Sony now, but I wasn't expecting to see him, haha.

Last edited:
Even if a few of these games end up being duds, I'm just glad the series is absolutely back in our lives, and in a huge way. I mean, this is like nothing I've ever seen.

Four games, and a movie!? Not even Capcom is this generous. :D

Generic

All three games announced today are being made by studios that at most can be described as AA.

Their experimentation is called give some money, but not too much money to smaller studios and let them make us new Silent Hills which maybe on the wave of return of popularity of survival horror genre will make some bucks for us.

Konami loves money, not games.
Yes, and these studios are experimenting with SH. That Silent Hill f looks more interesting than anything Capcom did in the past 10 years.

Actually a good show... Good job Konami. Excited for Silent Hill 2 remake and very interested in Silent Hill F. Just need Kojima & Del Toro back on board and give us what we've been wanting for almost a decade!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I enjoyed all the "show", just a little disappointed knowing the Kojima Silent Hill will forever stay a "demo" and nothing else.

They’ve got an uphill battle trying to convince everyone that what they’ve got to offer now is better than the potential we had with Silent Hills.

bender

What time is it?
Yes, and these studios are experimenting with SH. That Silent Hill f looks more interesting than anything Capcom did in the past 10 years.

isn't NeoBards working on RE:Verse?

funny-laughing.gif

It's pretty expected but understandable, but it seems like they are being conservative financially (to put it nicely) with Silent Hill.

Mato

Didn't they announce like 4-5 different games? Kinda reminiscent of Square and their grandiose Final Fantasy plans, always underdelivering. The excess reliance on outsourcing is also worrying. I wish they'd just focus on a single product. Imagine a Silent Hill game with the production values of TLOU2. But the overall presentation was high quality and surprisingly... silent. Not bad.

Aenima

Hyped for SH2 Remake, as SH2 is my favorite horror game of all time.

Really excited to see what will come out of Silent Hill f, loved the trailer. Also curious to see more of Townfall.

Not a bad showing for me, Konami has been dead for me for years, and thanks to they Sillent Hill projects they are now back in the radar.

Why is Sony so "silent" about this announcement when they are directly involved? Not even a tweet? They are hosting the RE showcase tomorrow too.

Maybe scheduling conflicts? I know there is that "rumor" of them cancelling a Showcase due to the MS-ABK acquisition but I don't have a lot of faith in that rumor.

It's not first party games mate, I mean what are you expecting exactly? A 1 year exclusive on one game is probably the best you'll get.

Something tells me Silent Hill F is also going to be a PS5 console exclusive; apparently that wasn't going to get made unless Sony put in some funding money for Silent Hill 2 Remake. Plus why not, you're already getting SH2 Remake as a timed exclusive (and IIRC some leaked slides from some Konami presentation has Silent Hill F ("Project Sakura") listed as a PS5 exclusive but no telling if those slides were real).

Honestly, the Silent Hill IP has never been a huge moneymaker for Konami, the IP's history involves being given to "misfits" (Team Silent) of all things. And the fanbase for the IP on Xbox platforms is likely very small, similar to Final Fantasy.

A new Silent Hill game doing 5 million lifetime would be a smashing success for the IP in Konami's eyes and that kind of sales and revenue can easily be covered between a single console & PC.

BUT I guess we'll see...

4K trailers:

Some parts were tough to watch and a bit cringe IMO but SH2 Remake and Silent Hill F were definitely the highlights for me. And I'm looking forward to the new movie as well.

The "live interactive show" sounds potentially good or at least interesting, but I gotta see more. The figurines look quite detailed, but I'm not a collector of statues or collectibles personally.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So I guess those rumors about Sony possibly making a game in the franchise were always bullshit? Maybe it was only ever wishful thinking.

Guess they're moneyhatting a remake of SH2 made by a studio known mostly for pretty mediocre stuff instead.

I also guess Konami have literally no development staff left in-house? Everything is outsourced.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Damn, what a comeback.
The excess reliance on outsourcing is also worrying. I wish they'd just focus on a single product.
Hearing they're making another silent hill in-house would be worrying, this is nothing but good news.

Maybe except for
https://neobards.com/game-maker/

but I'm looking forward to them showing some of the actual game. This could be "sakura"

I liked "observation" and I hope those are all very different, interesting projects. Very excited for the remake.

Also notice no NFTs in sight.

SSfox

Silent Hill F le new game looks freaking POG OMG, silent hill in Japan OMG i can't wait

SH2R + SH F, i'm in, cause Tekken 8 FF7R and FF16 are pog but we needed more pogs tbh, but now with Legend Ronin, Stellar blade and cie things are finally starting to looks really exciting for the future of PS5 and next gen, if Techmo will announce a new FF it will be another banger.

Smells like PS2 era all over again!! Good time to be videogame fan.

The graphics in the Silent Hill 2 remake look swell. It sounded like they're using all of the same lines, and seems so far to be quite faithful to the original storyline.

One thing I hated about the RE2 remake was that Capcom removed a chunk of content, and made the B scenario way too similar to the first run.

begotten

Honestly I'm excited for everything that was shown.

My problem is how overwhelming it feels going from having radio silence on the franchise for years to having 3.5 games of contrasting styles announced at once.

And there's still ONE MORE game that hasn't been officially announced yet.

So I guess those rumors about Sony possibly making a game in the franchise were always bullshit? Maybe it was only ever wishful thinking.

Those 2020 rumors were always suspect.

Guess they're moneyhatting a remake of SH2 made by a studio known mostly for pretty mediocre stuff instead.

Putting up for co-funding of games that'd of otherwise likely not been made != moneyhatting. Not the way it's normally used as a derogatory term.

I also guess Konami have literally no development staff left in-house? Everything is outsourced.

They still have a couple of in-house dev teams. They're just much smaller and focus on platforms like Switch. In fact they released a game for Switch earlier this year that charted extremely well in Japan.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Honestly I'm excited for everything that was shown.

My problem is how overwhelming it feels going from having radio silence on the franchise for years to having 3.5 games of contrasting styles announced at once.

And there's still ONE MORE game that hasn't been officially announced yet.
Could be the one funded by Sony kept under wraps for a showcase or in case it is developed by KojiPro, for The Game Awards

bender

What time is it?
Could be the one funded by Sony kept under wraps for a showcase or in case it is developed by KojiPro, for The Game Awards

Doubtful:

1. If you are going to have a Silent Hill showcase, you'd want to feature the title you've invested the most money in. That's Blooper Team's Silent Hill 2 in this case.
2. I'm dubious that Konami would ever want to work with Kojima again or vice versa.

bender

What time is it?
And nothing will change. Unless Sony makes their "anti-competitive" moves and makes a AAA title themselves.

The only way I'd want Sony involved with Silent Hill is if they had Blue Point doing the remasters that Konami should have hired them to do in the first place.

Top Bottom