• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Single Play or Multiplayer? Your primary?

Do you play primarly Single or Mutliplayer games?

• Single Player mostly

Votes: 253 91.3%
  • Multi-Player mostly

Votes: 24 8.7%

• Total voters

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Mine has changed with age. When I was younger I would love to get on a game of cod to talk shit and take names. As I have gotten older I have shifted much more to single player games. There are plently of factors and sure there are certain times I will play a multiplayer game but for me it is mostly single player these days.

bender

What time is it?
Single AND multiplayer. At the same time.
94baddf4-0593-41df-a547-33566b88a633_200_10.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Most games I play have element of multiplayer, whether competitive or co-op. I don't miss the big single player experiences though. I've played and beat most of those too. Just depends on what's good. I don't make purchasing or playing decisions based on whether a game has multiplayer or not. To do so is to simply limit yourself

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
My ps+ ran out in April. I have had it going since around 2011. I let it exprie and to be honest I do not miss it.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Single player only almost.. my days of cod like mp is gone .... but with this gaas fps/tps push i might comeback.. did you see all that colors and gen z characters??? And hip music ??? Wowwww ...

/s

nemiroff

Gold Member
I quit regular multiplayer last year. Now I'm only on single player and coop with my son.

Really happy now. Didn't know how much stress competitive multiplayer generated until I felt genuine peace in not caring about it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shooter = MP. I dont play canned SP campaigns anymore. And playing AI bot mode is boring

Everything else = SP

Last edited:
And this is why you can't take NeoGAF's or any other gaming forum's opinions to be those of the masses. The Call of Duty and Fortnite crowds aren't usually the ones posting gaming forums.

For me, I'm all single-player, with the one exception of Rocket League. I play quite a bit of RL.

Last edited:

Zacillac

Neo Member
I enjoy a good multiplayer game with friends every once and a while, but we’ve all got such different schedules with work/family. Other than that, I’m all single player since I’m too old to deal with 99% of multiplayer communities and their shitheads these days, even if there are a few that I really do wish I could play.

Laieon

Single Player for sure.

If/when I play multiplayer I prefer something collaborative instead of competitive. I hate competitive games outside of very rare exceptions (Mario Kart, Rocket League...).

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Single player mostly. Unless I got nothing new to play, then I might spend some time with multiplayer stuff.

sainraja

I prefer single-player games, but I do like to have a multiplayer game that I can continuously play. With the PS4/5 gen, that multiplayer game has been Destiny.

David B

An Idiot
I use to play more single player games when I was younger. Now I look for easy to play fast mp games from Rocket league to Call of Duty.

Single player only these days (since most games no longer support local multiplayer). I have no time or tolerance for infantile behavior at my age.

I like both.

Currently playing:

The Division 2 and Call of Duty (multiplayer) and,
The Last of Us remake and Cyberpunk (single player)

I'm enjoying and taking my time with these games. Some days I feel like I want to go 100mph in Division 2 and sometimes I want to get sucked into the world of The Last Of Us.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

BlackTron

Sometimes I go entire months favoring one over the other, but overall I think I've probably spent more time playing multiplayer. SO MANY hours in the old days going back to Game Boy, my share of JRPGs, PC games like Starcraft/AOE (even back when it was dialup and you didn't go online all the time). Up to today where I'm on hour 45 in TOTK...

But if I total all my JRPGs they probably equal the amount of time I spent playing PSO. For all the time I spent clearing Halo on Legendary it amounts to nothing compared to MP modes. For every single player platform game I beat in the past, there are 50 Overwatch matches.

AmuroChan

SP nowadays due to lack of time. Back in my teens and 20s though, it was MP all the way. I can't even compute how many thousands of hours I poured into games like DOTA, WoW, and Counter-Strike.

Not surprised by the result at all. It’s the reason MS will never win the console market. The players prefer the SP experiences and MS focuses on MP

MrMephistoX

I enjoy fighting games and Overwatch but that’s pretty much the extent of my multiplayer even Destiny I mostly play solo.

Chastten

Banned
Single-player mostly, but I do enjoy the occasional night of Mario Kart, Mario Party, Splatoon or couch co-op. Also very excited for Diablo 4 co-op next week.

Other than that, 80% of my gaming time is spent on long ass JRPG's or platforming/action games.

but yeah, seeing the poll results should make clear for anyone how different GAF is from the general gaming public, who mostly plays Rocket League, LoL, FUT, GTA Online or some other random free online game.

I'm more into multiplayer these days but still love single player games. You'll find shitty single player games and great multiplayer games. I just play games that I find fun...crazy I know.

Top Bottom