• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sledge Hammer DVD set next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosaic

go eat paint
Alright, speak up, who's getting this?!

B0001ZX0EW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001ZX0EW

They took out the lame laugh track, put in the pilot, and the disc has 4 audio commentaries by the creator. Woo!

"This isn't a silencer, captain. This baby's my own invention... I call it a LOUDENER."

Trevelyon

Sounds like Anchor Bay did a really bang up job on the transfer. I'll check out the R4 release whenever, if ever that is.

Saturnman

Banned
I used to have a couple of episodes on Laserdisc. Not sure if I am going to buy this set. Maybe I'll go with torrents. :D

mosaic

go eat paint
Ha ha, this set rocks. The video is a bit soft, but otherwise this is a great package.

First three discs have 6 episodes, fourth disc has 4 episodes. Each disc has a commentary for one episode by Alan Spencer, the creator. He's pretty amusing to listen to, and seems to harbor a real dislike for republicans, Mr. Belvedere, and Malcolm in the Middle.

Bonuses on the fourth disc include a recently put together 32 minute documentary ("Go Ahead, Make Me Laugh"), a bunch of old commercial spots, and an extended pilot episode. There are scripts, promo photos, and other stuff as DVD-ROM content.

Man, watching this show brings me right back to the late 80's again, skipping Miami Vice and Cosby because I thought those shows sucked compared to Sledge Hammer.

"Real men don't need women." , "Sledge! Without a woman, you wouldn't have been born!" , "Prove it."

"Sledge, I bet you think all women should be barefoot and pregnant" , "Nonesense, Doro, I believe women should be able to wear shoes."

"We're here at the scene of a liquor store robbery that was thwarted by the man beside me, Inspector Sledge Hammer. Inspector Hammer, tell us what happened.

Well, Miss, I was in this store when two thugs entered and threatened the owner with shotguns. At that time, I drew my Magnum and killed them both. Then I bought some eggs, and some milk, and some of those little... cocktail weenies.

Inspector Hammer, was what you did in that store absolutely necessary?

Oh, yes, I had no groceries at all."

--

Word.

mosaic said:
Ha ha, this set rocks. The video is a bit soft, but otherwise this is a great package.

First three discs have 6 episodes, fourth disc has 4 episodes. Each disc has a commentary for one episode by Alan Spencer, the creator. He's pretty amusing to listen to, and seems to harbor a real dislike for republicans, Mr. Belvedere, and Malcolm in the Middle.

Bonuses on the fourth disc include a recently put together 32 minute documentary ("Go Ahead, Make Me Laugh"), a bunch of old commercial spots, and an extended pilot episode. There are scripts, promo photos, and other stuff as DVD-ROM content.

Man, watching this show brings me right back to the late 80's again, skipping Miami Vice and Cosby because I thought those shows sucked compared to Sledge Hammer.

"Real men don't need women." , "Sledge! Without a woman, you wouldn't have been born!" , "Prove it."

"Sledge, I bet you think all women should be barefoot and pregnant" , "Nonesense, Doro, I believe women should be able to wear shoes."

"We're here at the scene of a liquor store robbery that was thwarted by the man beside me, Inspector Sledge Hammer. Inspector Hammer, tell us what happened.

Well, Miss, I was in this store when two thugs entered and threatened the owner with shotguns. At that time, I drew my Magnum and killed them both. Then I bought some eggs, and some milk, and some of those little... cocktail weenies.

Inspector Hammer, was what you did in that store absolutely necessary?

Oh, yes, I had no groceries at all."

--

Word.

Awesome to hear that the package actually has some bonuses to it. One would think that a DVD based on a really obscure show would be just shitted out onto the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom