• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I sold my Series X and went back to my One X Scorpio

As the title says..

After some pondering I decided to sell my Series X while I can still get my money back 100%

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, games that are optimised for Series X only have Raytracing or higher FPS.
All games I play are already One X optimised and to be honest I cant tell the difference between the 2.

I sit a good 9 feet from a 46 inch OLED and other than the apparant Raytracing, there is no upgrade for me.

My One X has an SSD, so loadtimes aren't something I personally see as a big + for de series X.

From my personal standpoint, the Series X has no significant boost from the One X.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see Series S/X only games, which will blow the older Gen out of the water.
But for now. I'm happy with the One X and the boy who bought my Series X is VERY happy with it.

I sold it for 500 backs after using it for 3 months.

Anyone here that did the same or is contemplating on doing so?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
No Way What GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official

FrankieSab

As the title says..

After some pondering I decided to sell my Series X while I can still get my money back 100%

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, games that are optimised for Series X only have Raytracing or higher FPS.
All games I play are already One X optimised and to be honest I cant tell the difference between the 2.

I sit a good 9 feet from a 46 inch OLED and other than the apparant Raytracing, there is no upgrade for me.

My One X has an SSD, so loadtimes aren't something I personally see as a big + for de series X.

From my personal standpoint, the Series X has no significant boost from the One X.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see Series S/X only games, which will blow the older Gen out of the water.
But for now. I'm happy with the One X and the boy who bought my Series X is VERY happy with it.

Anyone here that did the sabme or is contemplating on doing so?
Would really miss 60fps, fast load times and quick resume. Welcome back to the past!

Last edited:
Buy a PS5 and get all the juicy new exclusives, even Uncharted 4 is much better than what's available on xbox as exclusives, hell even 3rd party... only few games can get close to those PS exclusives, like I can think of RDR2 as the only example of 3rd party right now.

Justin9mm

If I sat 9 feet from a 46 inch I would not see much difference either. That's very far lol

I always wonder what size display and how far someone sits from it when they say they can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4K for example.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
As the title says..

Anyone here that did the same or is contemplating on doing so?
What? How? What? How? What?

I was setting up One X for my dad after few weeks of using Series X. It was one of most painful experiences I had related to gaming. Previous generation is so sluggish in menu that it'a almost unusable.

Roberts

I moved from One X to XSX and the difference is huge. 60fps in most new games, auto-hdr, fps boost, quick resume and way better loading times. Some games run at higher res on one x but only because they are 30fps conpared to 60 on xsx (valhalla, for example).

It is your choice obviously, but you will never convince anyone that the difference is not substantial.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Sorry, but this is kind of ridiculous. You should have sold the One X and kept the XSX. Clearly you are invested in the brand so why keep a system that will not be getting new games at some point in the not too distant future? So you bought something that was hard to get, used it, then sold it for MSRP, effectively renting it for whatever sales tax you paid plus the hassle of acquiring it and dealing with selling it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Buy a PS5 and get all the juicy new exclusives, even Uncharted 4 is much better than what's available on xbox as exclusives, hell even 3rd party... only few games can get close to those PS exclusives, like I can think of RDR2 as the only example of 3rd party right now.
Christ.

I already have a PS5 ;)
Should sell it and keep your PS4 where you can play GT7, Horizon and GoW 🧠

SkylineRKR

I Dunno. Perhaps you can still fetch 200 or so for One X. Series X is better anyhow. Games like Psychonauts 2 and many others have twice or 4x the fps. One X development gets the shaft at one point and who knows how long a Series X will be hard to get.

Three

Sorry, but this is kind of ridiculous. You should have sold the One X and kept the XSX. Clearly you are invested in the brand so why keep a system that will not be getting new games at some point in the not too distant future? So you bought something that was hard to get, used it, then sold it for MSRP, effectively renting it for whatever sales tax you paid plus the hassle of acquiring it and dealing with selling it.
Not seeing the issue to be honest. He bought it, played games on it and sold it at the same price he bought it because he still has access to the games and was happy enough on his One X. If he needs it again he can just buy it again at a later date. He has lost no money. He has gained some money while making use of what he is happy with for the time being.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I sold my ps5 for almost 3 times the cost so I can see the logic, that said the One X are selling on eBay for high amount too. Seems like a dumb move.

Last edited:
Yeah, here’s my rebuttal; there’s a lot of Microsoft first party games, Nintendo first party games and third party games that match Sony’s first party output. The end.
Give examples you coward. Your rebuttal is weak opinion and not very factual.
In what aspects?

Only in graphics/animation.

Everything else is done better elsewhere.
Wrong.

welshrat

Really ? From my perspective the Series X and PS5 are leagues ahead of last gen with their Ryzen CPUs. They alone are enough to warrant the upgrade let alone the SSD's and RDNA 2 GPU's. In the next year or so games will start to make use of this hardware but in the meantime 60fps on most games is a required minimum to the point that if a console games does not have a 60fps option I get it for PC.

I do blame him, too. The better response to your platform warring attempts should have been to ignore or report. But snark is acceptable.
I'm partly basing my posts on the critical acclaim and industry wide acknowledgement, PS Studios are the best in graphics technologies, there are third party studios/games that can partially get closer in some ways. Only games that was widely praised graphically from xbox were Gears 5 and Flight Simulator as far as I know, and one is actually a game while the other is more simulator than a game.

PaNaMa

Banned
Play wherever and whatever makes you happy. Scorpio was a good console and I know loads of people still using it... that are dying to find a Series X.
It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself (and us) that Series X isn't a huge leap forward over Scorpio - which is totally out to lunch :)
But maybe the real message is money was better used elsewhere, and Scorpio is good enough for you for now anyways. And there's nothing wrong with that

PaNaMa

Banned
I'm partly basing my posts on the critical acclaim and industry wide acknowledgement, PS Studios are the best in graphics technologies, there are third party studios/games that can partially get closer in some ways. Only games that was widely praised graphically from xbox were Gears 5 and Flight Simulator as far as I know, and one is actually a game while the other is more simulator than a game.

Er probably send Apollo here to the console crusader sin bin for a think, eh?

buenoblue

I have a work friend who still buys DVDs. Says blu-ray and 4k blu-ray he sees no difference. For a casual I'm like yeah you do you, but he buys and watches movies and tv series weekley and seems really into it. So strange.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Give examples you coward. Your rebuttal is weak opinion and not very factual.

Wrong.
Factual? I don’t think you understand the difference between factual and subjective.

Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are Nintendo first party quality.

Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon have been pumping Gran Turismo for years.

Nintendo, where to begin? Smash Ultimate, Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Metroid Dread & Bowser’s Fury.

Monster Hunter Rise, Capcom’s Resident Evil and Monster Hunter series basically.

Literally any From Software game from Demon’s Souls onwards is ‘better’ than any Sony first party game in the same time period.

There’s so many that it’s probably easier for me to just to post the top rated games of 2021 for you to browse, I think there’s like 1 Sony first party game in the top 30, and it’s Ratchet at 29. Enjoy;

Now please post your rebuttal post-haste lest I brand thee a coward.

Last edited:

Three

Christ, don't make this thread about MS vs Sony games please.

People calling him a dumbass, special ed etc because he is happy with lower res or fps are the same people who say they are happy with Series S when it has lower settings, fps, resolution, no raytracing, etc, go figure.

The person is fine with the One X for now. He's just not that into flight sim. If later there are games he's interested in he can buy it for the same amount. He's lost nothing, made someone happy and is happy himself not owning one for now.

Last edited:
I already have a PS5 ;)
I share your opinion for One X, as I also still have mine and not thinking of taking the leap on the new machines for a while. One X is still really powerful and with an SSD, it actually performs better than my Pro and that's why I play RDR 2 on that (plus resolution is better on One X). But apart from these games, I don't know if I'd buy a Series X also having a PS5 (which is my main platform).

TL;DR IMO One X is enough to play any xbox games, even the Series exclusive games they released and will possibly be releasing, those games could play on it at 30 fps and non-RT but can still be made available.

Lucky guy. I am trying to sell my series x on Kijiji and haven't got one freeking message in 4 days. Barely used plus elite 2 controller and the official new xbox headset for $800 CDN and not one message from anybody.

Edit: but to add if you are a xbox only user that was a dumb move, the XSX is vastly superior now and for the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom