• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I sold my Series X and went back to my One X Scorpio

BigLee74

As a guy who upgraded from a One X, I don’t get it.

The difference between the two machines, for the majority of my game catalog, is huge. The ability to play a lot of the games at a smooth 60fps being worth it alone.

It will only get worse for all new releases. The One generation is being left lagging, to the point that sub 30fps is becoming commonplace. Who wants to go there again?

I loved my One X, but when I eventually had both machines in my possession, there was only ever one being sold (and I’m still angry that I left my COD infinite warfare/modern warfare remaster disc inside it - fuck that buyer who kept it and didn’t pipe up).

As a guy who upgraded from a One X, I don’t get it.

The difference between the two machines, for the majority of my game catalog, is huge. The ability to play a lot of the games at a smooth 60fps being worth it alone.

It will only get worse for all new releases. The One generation is being left lagging, to the point that sub 30fps is becoming commonplace. Who wants to go there again?

I loved my One X, but when I eventually had both machines in my possession, there was only ever one being sold (and I’m still angry that I left my COD infinite warfare/modern warfare remaster disc inside it - fuck that buyer who kept it and didn’t pipe up).
He later said he also has PS5 so as current gen 60fps machine he got it covered on that front.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
"besides better graphics, Ray tracing and faster framerate there's no big of a difference"

What the hell did you expect? Graphical advantage is the only difference between the generations.

You can buy a PS5 with that money now. Good move.

Buy a PS5 and get all the juicy new exclusives, even Uncharted 4 is much better than what's available on xbox as exclusives
Didn't take long for the edgy fanboys to throw feces in this thread.

Given OPs original post it doesn't look far fetched from being a troll post to lure fanboys out.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Nice cherry picking for The Year of Covid and Delays.... lol All previous years in the last gen always have PS games in Top 10.
Covid only effected PS Studios?

You’re the one saying that not a single MS or third party game can get close to Sony first party. In 2020 they both had 2 games in the top 10?

GHG

Gold Member
You can buy a PS5 with that money now. Good move.

giphy.gif

BigLee74

He later said he also has PS5 so as current gen 60fps machine he got it covered on that front.

Well, the crux of this thread (as implied by the title, and the OP question) is ‘my series X doesn’t give me much over my one X - who agrees?’

I’m disagreeing, and don’t see what the PS5 has to do with it really? He was as well saying ‘and I’ve bought the Series X back again because I was wrong and the 60fps is important!’

Last edited:
That was so smart. How’s that working out for ya? I’m glad you know after CrossfireX cross-gen games are going to stop being made. Have fun playing Starfield and whatever else on the One X!

Covid only effected PS Studios?

You’re the one saying that not a single MS or third party game can get close to Sony first party. In 2020 they both had 2 games in the top 10?
Covid affected more PS games that will be released in 2020 and 2021 simply because it had more announced under development games than say MS in both years. Nintendo is Nintendo and even with some rare delays they always ship those games regularly, and haven't seem to be affected by Covid all that much.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not sure why people are taking the piss out on OP, but they made the smarter choice. Reality is, the first 2-3 years of a new console are the worst. Most games are barely upgraded versions of cross gen experiences, games never take full advantage of the new, more powerful hardware, and more often than not the “new” features of a console ware either gimmicks in games at the start or just boasting about their graphical fidelity.

Now with COVID-19, this is even worse. Constant delays and a lack of consoles on the market will make games more likely to be cross-gen so we won’t get those true next-gen titles for much longer.

It is *always* the smarter choice to not buy the latest console for the first few years and instead wait until it gets the first price drop and then pick up the best of the best games released since on deep discounts (sub 10-20 USD).

I think it was pretty foolish, you're not guaranteed to be able to get another one when games like Starfield come out this year. Unless you needed the money which is fine.

The guy actually took the time to reply to you in a manner you specified and you do this in response lol.
Should I list all the Metacritic Top games from 2015 and onwards, that seems unnecessary when it is plain as day the year of 2021 is slim pickings due to Covid, hell look at Game Awards show, as amazing as It Takes Two is, it wouldn't be GotY in any preceding year...

kyussman

I get you OP,the longer I wait to jump into next gen the more I feel I'm not missing out on all that much tbh.I'm sure that will change in a few years but all the business stuff has kind of overshadowed the actual games so far for me this gen.As soon as I start seeing new IP that interests me and makes full use of the new tech I'm sure I will be more engaged...hopefully anyway.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I use my One X and XSX to hand off games as I move between rooms. I'd sell the One X before XSX. Even with an SSD in theOne X it doesn't approach Series load times for Series enhanced games. There are too many other parts of the One X architecture that hold it back.

Tschumi

The OP is now going through what Tschumi Tschumi went through when he announced he was selling his Series S.

Legend has it he's still recovering to this day.
Happily i sold a few dozen kidneys to afford a killer new laptop, so I'm good for next gen xbox studios gaming via pc!

• Strength
Reactions: GHG

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can sell a One X for big money. I sold mine last year with an extra controller and some old games already on GP for $450 cdn.

Hard to go back to One X as Series X:

- Looks better
- More 60 fps games
- Loads much faster
- Menu/store are slick
- Also has a 4k optical drive so youre not missing out on game or 4k movie discs

One X is sleeker looking though. Series X is like a big black kleenex box.

Last edited:
As the title says..

After some pondering I decided to sell my Series X while I can still get my money back 100%

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, games that are optimised for Series X only have Raytracing or higher FPS.
All games I play are already One X optimised and to be honest I cant tell the difference between the 2.

I sit a good 9 feet from a 46 inch OLED and other than the apparant Raytracing, there is no upgrade for me.

My One X has an SSD, so loadtimes aren't something I personally see as a big + for de series X.

From my personal standpoint, the Series X has no significant boost from the One X.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see Series S/X only games, which will blow the older Gen out of the water.
But for now. I'm happy with the One X and the boy who bought my Series X is VERY happy with it.

I sold it for 500 backs after using it for 3 months.

Anyone here that did the same or is contemplating on doing so?
Bad call as more and more games will be next gen Series consoles only.

You probably should have sold the One X when you picked up the new console to offset some of the cost. I'm struggling to see any mid/long term benefit to selling the Series X.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
You can sell a One X for big money. I sold mine last year with an extra controller and some old games already on GP for $450 cdn.

Hard to go back to One X as Series X:

- Looks better
- More 60 fps games
- Loads much faster
- Menu/store are slick
- Also has a 4k optical drive so youre not missing out on game or 4k movie discs

One X is sleeker looking though. Series X is like a big black kleenex box.

that what I don’t get, the One X are going for a good amount for a end of life console.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Bad call as more and more games will be next gen Series consoles only.

You probably should have sold the One X when you picked up the new console to offset some of the cost. I'm struggling to see any mid/long term benefit to selling the Series X.

By the time there is a sizeable supply of Next Gen Series only games, we will see a price drop for the console. Same goes for PS5. Makes more sense to sell the thing now and wait until its cheaper with cheaper and more plentiful games.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Im not sure if i can understand your logic or whatever reason it is you try to achieve by going back to xbox one scorpio

Remind me of one guy here who decide to sell his ps5 and decided to play horizon forbidden west on ps4

But hey its your money guys

Last edited:
This gen it's the dualsense that stands out to me the most. Shorter load times and diminishing returns in graphics doesn't exactly wow me.

S0ULZB0URNE

Factual? I don’t think you understand the difference between factual and subjective.

Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are Nintendo first party quality.

Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon have been pumping Gran Turismo for years.

Nintendo, where to begin? Smash Ultimate, Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Metroid Dread & Bowser’s Fury.

Monster Hunter Rise, Capcom’s Resident Evil and Monster Hunter series basically.

Literally any From Software game from Demon’s Souls onwards is ‘better’ than any Sony first party game in the same time period.

There’s so many that it’s probably easier for me to just to post the top rated games of 2021 for you to browse, I think there’s like 1 Sony first party game in the top 30, and it’s Ratchet at 29. Enjoy;

Now please post your rebuttal post-haste lest I brand thee a coward.
This early in the gen you can't just post one year.
2020 needs to be posted as does the 2022 lineups.

jonnyp

Yeah, I've tried reading the OP three times now and I still cannot fathom the rationale here. But hey, if you enjoy 30fps and longer load times then knock yourself out I guess...

The shorter load times is worth the upgrade alone IMHO - I cannot go back.

CeeJay

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, games that are optimised for Series X only have Raytracing or higher FPS.
All games I play are already One X optimised and to be honest I cant tell the difference between the 2.
Hey, you are in luck. You can go the full gen (and beyond) with the One X and be joyfully happy.

If you can't tell the difference then you won't be able to tell the difference if you stream all the next gen exclusive games via Xcloud. It must be great to have such a non-critical casual eye to not notice or care about the things that the more hardcore gamer's amongst us appreciate. Yaknow, its only the much better visuals, double framerates and way faster loading times, no great difference.

As the title says..

After some pondering I decided to sell my Series X while I can still get my money back 100%

I sit a good 9 feet from a 46 inch OLED and other than the apparant Raytracing, there is no upgrade for me.

My One X has an SSD, so loadtimes aren't something I personally see as a big + for de series X.

From my personal standpoint, the Series X has no significant boost from the One X.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see Series S/X only games, which will blow the older Gen out of the water.
But for now. I'm happy with the One X and the boy who bought my Series X is VERY happy with it.

I sold it for 500 backs after using it for 3 months.

Anyone here that did the same or is contemplating on doing so?

I pooped today. I was wearing All Star special edition shoes.

I also have Nike and Yeezy, but I don't see a benefit. I might as well sell Is anyone thinking the same?

EDIT: My All Stars special edition shoes have a special cushion installed so I don't feel a lot of difference walking. I only use them to walk 200 steps per day from my Villa to my Tesla so it's not a big issue for me.

I guess the boy who bought my Nike shoes for the original retail price is very pleased.

Last edited:
Top Bottom