• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I sold my Series X and went back to my One X Scorpio

Banjo64

cumsessed
Is that what he was saying?
even Uncharted 4 is much better than what's available on xbox as exclusives, hell even 3rd party... only few games can get close to those PS exclusives, like I can think of RDR2 as the only example of 3rd party right now.

Unless im reading this seriously wrong?

Trogdor1123

My confession is that I love you. Let's make Xbox babies together. 😍
Not Happening GIF by BBC

Hey guys...

After some pondering I decided to sell the new gitch I got for Christmas while I can still get my money back 100%

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, the new gitch are just cleaner.

The gitch I've been wearing still have a good elastic and to be honest since they're already brown I cant tell the difference between the 2.

People already sit a good 9 feet from me and other than a bit less apparent poo smell wafting from me there is no upgrade for me.

My new gitch has a dink maze in the front which I never really use since I sit down to pee so it's not something I personally see as a big + for de new gitch.

From my personal standpoint, the new gitch has no significant boost from the old fart-infused gitch.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see that the new gitch wouldn't have caused projectile vomiting in a 20 foot radius, which blows the current ones out of the water.

But for now. I'm happy with these slimy old gitch and the girl at Walmart who accepted my return is VERY happy that I'm not near her anymore.

If I was a chick I could have sold them for 500 bucks after using them for 3 months.

Anyone here that did the same or is contemplating on doing so?

Tefl0n

As the title says..

After some pondering I decided to sell my Series X while I can still get my money back 100%

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, games that are optimised for Series X only have Raytracing or higher FPS.
All games I play are already One X optimised and to be honest I cant tell the difference between the 2.

I sit a good 9 feet from a 46 inch OLED and other than the apparant Raytracing, there is no upgrade for me.

My One X has an SSD, so loadtimes aren't something I personally see as a big + for de series X.

From my personal standpoint, the Series X has no significant boost from the One X.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see Series S/X only games, which will blow the older Gen out of the water.
But for now. I'm happy with the One X and the boy who bought my Series X is VERY happy with it.

I sold it for 500 backs after using it for 3 months.

I’d only sell my Series X or PS5 if I needed to quickly raise money to keep from being foreclosed on or something.

Three

You can sell a One X for big money. I sold mine last year with an extra controller and some old games already on GP for $450 cdn.

Hard to go back to One X as Series X:

- Looks better
- More 60 fps games
- Loads much faster
- Menu/store are slick
- Also has a 4k optical drive so youre not missing out on game or 4k movie discs

One X is sleeker looking though. Series X is like a big black kleenex box.
The One X has a 4k optical drive (by which I assume you mean a UHD Blu-Ray drive) and shares the same menu.

Interfectum

As the title says..

After some pondering I decided to sell my Series X while I can still get my money back 100%

The reason is simple. For me the differences are too small, games that are optimised for Series X only have Raytracing or higher FPS.
All games I play are already One X optimised and to be honest I cant tell the difference between the 2.

I sit a good 9 feet from a 46 inch OLED and other than the apparant Raytracing, there is no upgrade for me.

My One X has an SSD, so loadtimes aren't something I personally see as a big + for de series X.

From my personal standpoint, the Series X has no significant boost from the One X.

I guess as time progresses, we'll see Series S/X only games, which will blow the older Gen out of the water.
But for now. I'm happy with the One X and the boy who bought my Series X is VERY happy with it.

I sold it for 500 backs after using it for 3 months.

Spider Man Lol GIF

onQ123

Why didn't you sell the One X instead? You clearly make bad decisions because there is no reason to keep OnE X over Series X.

Ozriel

M$FT
I wonder why everyone is being perplexed.
Perfect and reasonable decision by OP.

For him, XSX isn’t a necessity now due to its games being playable on XOX albeit at a lower FPS/Res. Therefore, better to sell it now and make some profit and get it later at a cheaper price when XSX is fully matured and it has games that cannot be played on XOX.

Very reasonable decision.

Well, You’re not likely to get a Series X at a lower than $499 price this year. And this year should see the launch of multiple exclusives that are next gen only.

You haven’t followed the thread. He’s made no profit since he sold it at $500 (so a slight loss when one factors in sales tax), and the resale value of the One X keeps dropping. Even if the XSX gets a small price cut in 2023, any gains will be swallowed up by the lower resale value of the One X

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Why didn't you sell the One X instead? You clearly make bad decisions because there is no reason to keep OnE X over Series X.

Reasons to keep One X - Cheap. Plays most games for the next few years. Already owned so nothing really needed to be paid. Don’t need to spend 500+ USD on a new platform that won’t get many true next-gen titles for another 2-3 years (same goes for PS5). By the time it has a decent library, it will get a price drop (Again, same with PS5) and many of the earlier fantastic exclusives will be super cheap physically (Sub 10-20 USD).

Reasons to keep a Series X - hard to get right now. Can play games at higher resolutions (only important if you have a decent 4K TV/Monitor). Can play games at higher Framerate (not a big deal for most people, assuming the game maintains a steady 30 FPS baseline). Can play a tiny fraction of “next gen” exclusive titles (Same with PS5).

It *is* the smarter choice to wait on the next-gen consoles atm.

Last edited:

Miasma

OP needs eyes testing. RIP

Good for you I guess but I think it's a very silly decision unless you have serious money issues. If so fair enough

Alebrije

Scorpio or One X is the reason I do need a Series X. I agree with OP the generational improvement is not so great.

The only great stuff of new consoles is the SSD but in my case loading times are not an issue.

Guess after 2024 the need of a new console will be stronger due to support but at this moment you are fine with a one X.

There a lot of last gen games that can be played on 4k 60 fps and sone of new ones at 30 fps 4k so the console is good enought to keep delivering fun for some years...

GloveSlap

I'm the opposite. I have both now, but I missed the Gamestop trade in deal for the One X. If they offer that again and it's gone in a heart beat

Selling the better system doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Going forward One X isn't going to get the games Series X is going to get.
Even if it did make sense (not enough exclusives yet, wait for a revision or pricedrop) making a thread for it sure doesn't.

The post has so many I's it sounds like Donald Trump on a good day

Top Bottom