• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I sold my Series X and went back to my One X Scorpio

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
The dude was literally banned. What more do you want?
9nyHQZh.gif

Last edited:

cireza

I moved from One X to Series X at launch, but I totally get that OP can be perfectly fine with One X. It was a great console, games ran great on it, and for now, there aren't that many games that make a huge difference on Series X. At least in the ones I play, I can only list Sekiro being 60fps, and FPS Boost on 360 games. All others (the ones I play) would run the same on One X.

Having the ability to sell it for 500$, which basically means no money lost, makes this a very valid option in my opinion.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sort of understand but it sounds like a petty shot at the next gen consoles btw why would you go down to the Xbox One X Scorpio when the Series S is out and is like the swiss-army knife of consoles

Last edited:

stn

I would have sold the OneX over the XSX, if only because the XSX is backwards compatible and will eventually have exclusives worth owning.

Reactions: Isa

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
You'll be back. Should have sold the One X. A year ago.

This, if possible was the best strategy. I sold mine for top dollar and it almost paid for the entire series X.

Also OP, I think long term you may regret this decision, because it doesn't seem like the old days where if you wait the console gets cheaper/buy it later. Also there will be future games with no xbox one x version.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Arent the games going forward now gonna be next gen only for xbox? Like Hellblade 2 and next Forza? Isnt flight simulator next gen only too?
If your an Xbox fan I would of kept It and sold the X1X.
Like with my PS5, Im sure the XSX its worth it for the faster loading, FPS, new controller etc Plus there are some games that are Next gen only so worth it for me

I have no idea how you can go back to those loading times!!!!! I sold my One X when I bought the Series X, but everytime I try to load up my PS4 Pro I cannot play long without the loading times bothering me so much I just quit. Tried playing some of the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC and I quit after 15 minutes. It's really hard to go back. Besides loading the quick start is absolutely incredible. I have 5 games ready to load depending on what I feel like, and being able to jump in or out at will is crazy. Beyond that, I've been playing as many games as possible at 60 FPS, and it's super hard to go back to 30 unless I absolutely have to. The shitty GPUs in last gens systems meant almost everything was 30......

Topher

Gold Member
I have no idea how you can go back to those loading times!!!!! I sold my One X when I bought the Series X, but everytime I try to load up my PS4 Pro I cannot play long without the loading times bothering me so much I just quit. Tried playing some of the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC and I quit after 15 minutes. It's really hard to go back. Besides loading the quick start is absolutely incredible. I have 5 games ready to load depending on what I feel like, and being able to jump in or out at will is crazy. Beyond that, I've been playing as many games as possible at 60 FPS, and it's super hard to go back to 30 unless I absolutely have to. The shitty GPUs in last gens systems meant almost everything was 30......

Seriously. The loading times on console made gaming on PC damn near unbearable for me as well. The difference is significant. Going back to last gen really seems like a very bad idea.

Neo_GAF

Banned
If I sat 9 feet from a 46 inch I would not see much difference either. That's very far lol

I always wonder what size display and how far someone sits from it when they say they can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4K for example.
basically this.
i always prefer framerate over fidelity.
telling me they prefer 30fps over 60fps...

I already have a PS5 ;)
So is this a bait thread then? You sold your XSX because you couldn't see any significant gains over the One X... But your happy with your PS5 (that still has multigenerational games) and presumably your keeping it because your happy with the gains over the ps4. So my first question is.... What PS5 games are showing massive gains that xbox series games arnt.

Looks like a fan boy thread.

Trunim

I feel you. Just buy a Series X when Starfield comes out in November. I enjoy just playing my backlog for now with mostly 1440p/60 or 4k60 on my PS5 instead of 1080p30 on PS4 slim.

Last edited:

Rykan

I feel you. Just buy a Series X when Starfield comes out in November. I enjoy just playing my backlog for now with mostly 1440p/60 or 4k60 on my PS5 instead of 1080p30 on PS4 slim.
Oh yeah that's totally going to happen. I'm sure you'll be able to just walk into a store and buy a Series X in November.

Concern

So is this a bait thread then? You sold your XSX because you couldn't see any significant gains over the One X... But your happy with your PS5 (that still has multigenerational games) and presumably your keeping it because your happy with the gains over the ps4. So my first question is.... What PS5 games are showing massive gains that xbox series games arnt.

Looks like a fan boy thread.

Its a bait thread by an obvious alt. Only 58 posts from November. Interestingly enough mods have left this open tho. But threads on someone saying they bought a Ps5 or Xbox have been closed.

Last edited:

Trunim

Oh yeah that's totally going to happen. I'm sure you'll be able to just walk into a store and buy a Series X in November.
A major store in my town had like a whole heap of Series X on the floor for sale in January. Maybe that's just here though.

Top Bottom