• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the protagonists of GTA 6 are a Latina woman and a Redneck

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Interesting....that's an interesting dynamic... We are probably going to get a good deal of social commentary

obviously i can't post a leaked scan but i'll post fanart of what they looked like in the leak

FdMNreVXwAIx5fC.jpg:large

a bit odd that Rockstar would do another redneck protagonist after Trevor, but it makes sense in Vice City...i .e the embodiment of "Florida Man"

there names are Lucia and Jason

Last edited:

Akuza89

well adding a female option will open the market for them from their point of view..

i would have to see what they're characters are like before deciding on them... but i can tell what the redneck is going to be like before i hear them haha

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
well adding a female option will open the market for them from their point of view..

i would have to see what they're characters are like before deciding on them... but i can tell what the redneck is going to be like before i hear them haha
he's probably going to be a progressive Redneck in terms of his politics i.e anti-racist etc.

Rockstar protagonists are always portrayed that way as to not alienate people, which makes sense

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I'm not going to believe he's a redneck until I hear a voice sample. I wouldn't say Trevor was a redneck either, although the Florida setting makes a lot more sense for a character like that than California does.
in one of the leaked vids he's hanging out with what looks to be rednecks

if he isn't he definitely comes from a white lower class background

Last edited:
in one of the leaked vids he's hanging out with what looks to be rednecks

if he isn't he definitely comes from a white lower class background
The same could be said of Trevor, but he wasn't southern, and he wasn't a redneck. Jessie from breaking bad was white, lived in the south, had poor white friends, did meth, etc. That didn't make him a redneck, though. His friends weren't rednecks either. I think Jeff Foxworthy has an instructional video you might want to view, if you'd like a clarification.

Unknown?

Interesting....that's an interesting dynamic... We are probably going to get a good deal of social commentary

obviously i can't post a leaked scan but i'll post fanart of what they looked like in the leak

FdMNreVXwAIx5fC.jpg:large

a bit odd that Rockstar would do another redneck protagonist after Trevor, but it makes sense in Vice City...i .e the embodiment of "Florida Man"

there names are Lucia and Jason
I thought the embodiment of Florida man were Cubans and others escaping communism and fascism? With a side of old white guy from New York playing golf everyday?

Imtjnotu

well it is set in florida.

but i still watch all the leaked footage from time to time and my hopes are high

Oddly enough, the guy being there feels like the part that is being forced. They couldn’t fully commit to a female protagonist in order to not upset a certain audience, so Young Florida Trevor is there to ease that crowd into the experience.

Two groups that are historically mistreated so I expect a ton of social commentary surrounding that. GTA is usually pretty good with its social commentary specifically surrounding how silly capitalism is today and corporatism. Seeing it from this specific perspective should be cool.

Saber

Gold Member
As long they are crazy scum people doing shit, because doing shit is what GTA characters do, then its gonna be alright. A nothing burger this social bullcrap is, if you ask me. As if people ever picked GTA for that.

Kilau

I hope the characters are handled GTAV style, with specific missions for them and switching when desired or needed, not just picking one or the other and playing the same game with slightly altered text and dialogue.

Not that I care that much about realism in games.

But It's completely retarded to rob a restaurant without covering your face these days.🥴🤦‍♂️

mortal

Gold Member
Not that I care that much about realism in games.

But It's completely retarded to rob a restaurant without covering your face these days.🥴🤦‍♂️
Imo it would be cool if there were a game mechanic that penalized you for not concealing your identity when robbing NPCs.
Like an iteration of the wanted system in RDR2, where you can be easily identity if you weren't concealing your face during stick ups or kept wearing the same outfit.

Top Bottom