• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the protagonists of GTA 6 are a Latina woman and a Redneck

Yoda

Everyone on internet forums/reddit will love the female protag. Most people who by the game (young males) will prob prefer the dude. If I'm recalling correctly, a similar thing happened with AC odyssey.

YCoCg

GTA Online has been writing for both Male and Female characters for years now so I don't know why some of you are upset about this now. And again, due to how society is now, I could take something from GTAV that isn't well known, post it here, and most of you would be screaming that Rockstar have gone "woke".

he's probably going to be a progressive Redneck in terms of his politics i.e anti-racist etc.

Rockstar protagonists are always portrayed that way as to not alienate people, which makes sense

Which means there is nothing traditional about the "redneck" character, thus he identifies as country because he is crude. People like this in real life are just vulgar acting in many respects.

Fahdis

I have typed some excellent posts on NeoGAF but never one as excellent as this. Fuz Fuz you are appreciated. Bravo!

Why is it excellent? Men can like what they like - ass or no ass. No one has to follow anyone's subjective tastes of standards or validate the other because of some weird sense of comraderie over tastes.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Remember when GTA 4 went with a Russian? Everyone was okay with that. If they did a Russian today people would be rioting at Rockstar HQ.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Why is it excellent? Men can like what they like - ass or no ass. No one has to follow anyone's subjective tastes of standards or validate the other because of some weird sense of comraderie over tastes.

Accept the compliment! It's Christmas. Not everything is doused in sarcasm friend!

Airbus Jr

Banned
Remember when people used to mock arthur morgan when character was revealed ?

People seeing arthur morgan when they finished rdr2

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Gona have faith in these two

JLB

Banned
As a “latino” i find it ackward to make that Caribbean representation of supposedly “latina womans”.
This is a latina woman for the case:

i guess many americans think average latinas are hot fat ass morenas.

Guys...it just takes a single google search.

6630485ebaf38a9981d55cae923d97cf

0_SDC_MDG_-CHP_436dd81.jpg

GTA-6s-development-cost-more-than-2-billion-says-hacker-740x414.jpg

Also, I really hope the people who moved the goal post from 'she's going to have no curves because woke' and are now complaining about the legs and ass size, aren't also fans of Chun Li.

fortnite-chun-li.gif

EvCrsp-XcAEuVZ3

Because that would mean you're being hypocrites. But let's wait and see if the goal post of complaints will be moved again. Doubling down seems to be the favorite blackjack move in this thread.

JayK47

I am looking forward to going back to Vice City. Probably my favorite GTA game. It would also be nice if they could have a game at an entirely new city.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
main thing I'm asking here is how these 2 are in any way related and how their stories are gonna converge somehow. Latina Woman and redneck white dude is like the 2 most far away people you can think of, rockstar has to be thinking of something wild to have those be the 2 main protagonists.

Like even with GTA5 the natural progression from Trevor being some hillbilly wacko in the dumps, to Franklin being a lower middle-class guy living in the ghetto, and Michael being an upper-class citizen with all the money he'd ever want made sense sort of, but how would a Latina Girl and a redneck work?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Hypothetically speaking what are the chances that R* keeps the characters but changes their ethnicities? is that possible, to keep them fresh in people's minds because of the leak?

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
Its crazy that a playable latina is still considered noteworthy. We are ~20% of the American population lol but I guess yeah technically haven’t been in too many games. Cortez from Timesplitters counts?
Why 13% of black people in the usa and we played as franklin too. Also its a game it has nothing to do with the real world. And shouldn’t. its entertainment.

Also latina woman is hot af. i welcome it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Hypothetically speaking what are the chances that R* keeps the characters but changes their ethnicities? is that possible, to keep them fresh in people's minds because of the leak?
Hypothetically 10,000%. Realistically not likely at all. Why should they?

Majormaxxx

Also, I really hope the people who moved the goal post from 'she's going to have no curves because woke' and are now complaining about the legs and ass size, aren't also fans of Chun Li.

fortnite-chun-li.gif

EvCrsp-XcAEuVZ3

Because that would mean you're being hypocrites. But let's wait and see if the goal post of complaints will be moved again. Doubling down seems to be the favorite blackjack move in this thread.
I hear you but Chun li has Olympic squat legs and the latina has a high body fat percentage legs.

Both look fine but are not the same thing.

They’ve probably got their story completely written, with full background and cultural references, voice lines probably recorded to some degree, portions of the city are probably closely tied to the specific character types, like Trevor and the trailer park, and all the side characters that go along side the trailer park etc. There’s no way, what?

YCoCg

main thing I'm asking here is how these 2 are in any way related and how their stories are gonna converge somehow. Latina Woman and redneck white dude is like the 2 most far away people you can think of, rockstar has to be thinking of something wild to have those be the 2 main protagonists.

Like even with GTA5 the natural progression from Trevor being some hillbilly wacko in the dumps, to Franklin being a lower middle-class guy living in the ghetto, and Michael being an upper-class citizen with all the money he'd ever want made sense sort of, but how would a Latina Girl and a redneck work?
They're lovers. Rockstar has taken influence from Bonnie and Clyde and also Natural Born Killers for this set of protagonists.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm all for ugly, overweight people (I'm sort of overweight) to be represented in movies, games and ads on TV and online...but I really don't want to look at them.

Meh, I don't think overweight/ugly people need to be "represented". But I also don't think *anyone* needs representation.

But the point I am trying to make is that ther eis clearly an audience for this kind of character design. Just not for me.

fortnite-chun-li.gif

EvCrsp-XcAEuVZ3

I can get behind these two, definitely...

Top Bottom